Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leveling to 99?

Default Leveling to 99?

Where do you level up to be level 99? I can understand (SPOILER) The World That Never Was but once you get to atleast 70+ it would drag out, right? I've already beaten the game, but now I want to try and defeat Sephiroth. I want to complete Jiminy's Journal, too, but I don't think I have the patience. :rolleyes2
    hi.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

WtNW runs. Other than that, you can try Twilight Town's Tower, especially if you want to level the Final Form. You should be able to take Seph at level 80+.

If you don't have the patience... well... that's too bad.

It takes longer to complete the journal then to complete the actual game.

Oh and Sephy is easy.

It is also easy to level up.

1000 per monster. You fight about 40 monsters on Naughts Skyway. 1 Level every other visit eh?

I know it's too bad, but I'm too lazy. :aimx:
    The tower @ Twilight Town.
    Thanks.
    hi.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth's Cage
    It takes longer to complete the journal then to complete the actual game.
    no its not

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I only have Atlantica, Timeless River, Pride Land and 1 other world I can't remember complete. I could have World That Never Was, I just need 1 more Treasure Chest but I have no clue where it is. I'm only Level 53, though, so I need to get to work.
    hi.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Your level should skyrocket with WtNW runs, the Castle Nobodies alone will give you 1000 EXP each, except for Creepers, which appear on Naught's Skyway by the many, and only give 400 EXP.

You'll also gain many an inadvertant level by farming for Synthesis items.

Quote Originally Posted by kidney / theif
    I only have Atlantica, Timeless River, Pride Land and 1 other world I can't remember complete. I could have World That Never Was, I just need 1 more Treasure Chest but I have no clue where it is. I'm only Level 53, though, so I need to get to work.
    You probably missed the orichalcum+ that's on The Brink of Despair. It's hidden around the corner right before you take the path up to the castle on the moogle's side. I missed that one twice before looking up where it was. XD Oh, and if you go to the Pride Lands and up through the King's Den to the top, there'll be tons of those yellow heartless. Just use Magnet magic and you'll beat them really fast and level up pretty fast. That's what I did once I got to the 80+ levels. It's repetitive, but you get tons of Lightning Shards as well, so it makes getting the moogle's 1000+ material prizes easy.

Dancing Chocobo

Thanks.:-)
    Wow I didn't know you could go back to Yen Sid's Tower, what does he say!?

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Grin

actually, a pretty quick way to level up is to go to the pridelands,then go in the kings den and out to the back where you have to go to face scar, and when you get out there, there will be a million of those little heartless that flys around, and as soon as you get there, cast magnera and gather them all around you and start slashing the living crap out of them.everytime you go there, you should get about 12,000 experience, that is if you kill them all. it is a quick way to level up, and in my opinion, a pretty easy way to level up. have fun.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Schovitz
    Thanks.

how in the world can you get back to yen sids tower, and where do you go to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnofsephiroth
    actually, a pretty quick way to level up is to go to the pridelands,then go in the kings den and out to the back where you have to go to face scar, and when you get out there, there will be a million of those little heartless that flys around, and as soon as you get there, cast magnera and gather them all around you and start slashing the living crap out of them.everytime you go there, you should get about 12,000 experience, that is if you kill them all. it is a quick way to level up, and in my opinion, a pretty easy way to level up. have fun.

sorry olette, i didn't see that you had that down until now.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

yen sids is from the purple trainit should be around that place with the 6 wonders

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

I beat Sephiroth at Lv.71. There is really no reason to level all the way up to 80. But still, run through the world that never was all the way from Naught's Skyway and repeat until you've reached your desired level.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Schovitz
    Thanks.
    He doesn't say anything. He's not there.

Anyways, you must use the train in Twilight Town (near "The Usual Spot"), and from there, you will transported to outside the tower. If you fight your way up, you will come across a large trail of ALL the common Nobodies, except for the Creeper. They give either 516 EXP, or 840.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kupo Man
    I beat Sephiroth at Lv.71. There is really no reason to level all the way up to 80. But still, run through the world that never was all the way from Naught's Skyway and repeat until you've reached your desired level.

And you need level 80, because at that point, you get Second Chance if you are taking the Fighter path, and only then are your stats high enough to survive Sephiroth's attacks (Fighter path only).

The assumption made that this is Proud Mode, not the wimp modes that people apparently think are actually a viable option of playing through the game.

This level 80 corrollary also does not apply to the Defender and Magic paths, which learn Second Chance much earlier on, and the defense rating for both of these paths is much higher than the Fighter path.

As much as one might think Fighter is the best way to beat Sephiroth, it isn't. Your primary form of damaging his HP will be Berserk Charge, which is essentially almost static damage amounts, and you hit mostly the same. The only thing to most worry about is his attacks, which are fast and painful.

Second Chance basically means you won't die if you are hit by an attack and you have more than 1 HP, just as is in the first KH. DO NOT get this confused with Once More, which protects fromm combos.

Also, you should do FULL WtNW runs, since Naught's Skyway == no dent in your EXP if you run from there to the door. The enemies after Skyway are too far and not enough EXP inbetween. FULL WtNW runs give much more EXP than you could think of; a full WtNW run can get you two levels after level 90.