Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech TV / G4TV

I like G4TV. Espessialy Attack of the Show. And did anyone see there show from E3 2006? It was awesome!!!!

TechTV was wayy better. They're changing Icons now so it's not just about videogame fame (Mark Ecko is scheduled to be on, and no, not for his game "Getting Up".) Also, Filter is being changed to count down all kinds of things now, cars, women, pretty much anything that pumps up the testoterone. I don't mind that as much because I never liked Filter's last host.

I never really watched anything until it was G4TechTV, and now it's just G4

WHAT HASN'T BEEN CHANGED since the spawn of plain old G4?
    X-Play, Filter, Cinematech, Icons, they're already changing Attack of the Show...
    What was on TechTv? I never really watched regular TTV... Uh, screen savers.... 'sall I know...
    The shows aren't bad, but its sad to see already good things change.
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

i never saw Tech TV only G4TV

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Schovitz
    Fastlane is good I don't remember tech TV just 4 months ago I had satellite so, i know nothing of Tech TV, sometimes X-Play is annoying and corny,( damn white people!) and the good things to watch on there is Star Trek, Fastlane, and Icons, now Gamemakers, did you see the contribution to the FF series and the Zelda series, fantastic, wish they could've did a bit more for Mario, want to hear their opinions on the sport games and on SMRPG
    Fastlane sucks, Star Trek 2.0 sucks, Star Trek sucks, Icons was turned into gamemakers *sigh*, X-plays new set sucks, AOTS new set sucks (they got rid of Sarah!),

Quote Originally Posted by DiZTewell
    I like G4TV. Espessialy Attack of the Show. And did anyone see there show from E3 2006? It was awesome!!!!
    They're E3 coverage sucked, I was waiting all 4 days of it to see the new WoW expansion cause they told me that they were going to have it in their preview of E3 and what did i get? Nothing, not a single thing about it. It was just a big waste of my time. The didn't show hardly any computer games. I was mad after it. I through a book at the tv.
    Overall G4 sucks cause they're tryign to make it more appealing to guys like Spike TV.

Blog Entries

Moomba

I Hate G4. I hope it dies. I miss Tech TV so smurfing bad its not even funny...

Eyedrops, Screen Savers, Call for Help... WAHHHH!!! DAMN YOU G4!!!

I also have to note that the show Arena SUCKS. And I also noticed that they have the same hosts for like 3 different shows. A lot of the hosts are stupid and obnoxious. I think TechTV should make an independant channel, and have our old favorites.

G4 Sucks. X Play is all that's left of G4 and it sucks.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

G4 sucks. The only thing worth watching is X-Play, AoTS, and Icons. Now, they're changing Icons (more likely for the worse), X-Play's and AoTS's new sets suck donkey balls, they got rid of Sara and Kevin Rose on AoTS, and all their other shows are sucky. I never liked Cheat, both Cory Rouse and Christian Holt (that's her name right?) are both cheesy as hell, and if I really wanted cheats, I'd use the internet and get it when I need it, and not wait for them to cover it, if they do. Filter was never that great, and the new one looks worse, it doesn't even seem it'll have much to do about games. Arena was awful, period. Fastlane is absolutely nauseating. Street Fury is horrible. Judgement Day was bad (thanks Tommy) and is fortunately going off the air (but is coming on some different station or whatever), EP was fine, no problem with EP, even with Tommy there and their E3 06 coverage was horribly poor.

Bottom line: G4 sucks, X-Play is the only thing the majority of real gamers really seem to bother watching, and we can only pray they'll come through this atrocity of a network as undamaged as possible.

well i think its ok. But they keep changing stuff! but that girl who does the Feed now is pretty hot! And her acsent is sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth.
    they got rid of Sara and Kevin Rose on AoTS
    Now I remember why I stopped watching AoTS.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't know if Sarah or Kevin quit or were fired, but to G4's credit, they deserve the benefit of the doubt--the two probably left the network because it sucked so much. They could've been fired, of course. The Screensavers was actually great for a brief time after G4 bought Tech TV, because they added some new stuff to the show, and Kevin Rose and Sarah were still on it. But that didn't last, and it was the only show of any real quality. X-Play has always been midly entertaining, but it's overly-stupid and never offers reviews of any real merit. Plus Adam Sessler's characterization of himself as a pathetic human being has been old almost as long as he's been doing it.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kevin left to go fulltime with Revision 6, his webshow company. He's also friends with the creator of digg, so he's enjoyed pretty massive success through diggnation weekly vidcasts and other shows he's hosting. Systm, the flagship show, seems to have been kind of a dud, considering what he promised it'd be, but otherwise they're doing great.

Prettymuch all ex-TechTV people can be found involved in various webshows, and all of them seem to keep in contact. It's just a shame that we can't see them all in a studio, doing the old thing :/

Blog Entries

My favorite show was Eyedrops. Anyone remember?

I remember on summer nights staying up all night watching the cool short-toons people made.

Kevin from AoTS didnt leave only Sarah did

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Kevin Rose, from Tech TV, not the other Kevin. Perrera, or whatever his name is. He's been with G4 for a long time. I kind of like him, but he's not funny enough to carry a network.