Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Ciddies are a sham

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    If there were ever a lack of conclusive evidence that this contest has long since become a complete and utter farce, one now need look no further than the fact that the awards for Evilest Member and Most Helpful Gamer went to Leeza and myself, respectively. Leeza is a perfectly pleasant and kindly woman in absolutely every regard, and I'm pretty sure I haven't helped anyone with anything in the last six months.
    goes to show you how the rules are messed up. AG needs to make rules which BAN people for voting for certain members or the SAME members in EVERY forsaken category, anyway, it's useless.
    O_o;

The Ciddies would only be a sham if they were rigged. AG and the Ciddies Committee don't claim that the Ciddies are 100% accurate, or they'd probably only allow certain people to vote altogether, probably a small group of about ten people or something - certainly not including any regulars or newbies or anything. Where's the fun in that? The only thing the Ciddies claim to be is an accurate show of who the people who actually vote think should win, because, in the end, it is yourselves that decide such a thing.

But seriously, y'all just bitter.
    If it helps any I was bitter long before the ciddies started.

Blog Entries

Seriously... I think you should have a completely new set of awards next time. Or, atleast, replace the far too obivious ones. For example, the best member award is always between BoB and Psy, and so is best Male. Best artist is always black orb and best gamer is always kishi etc.

So... just replace them with a load of new awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Yeah, I guess I don't really mean "The Ciddies are a sham" so much as I mean "The vast majority of the EoFF populace is comprised of irredeemable idiots who shouldn't be trusted to clothe themselves, much less participate in any sort of poll."
    Thats why your my hero, one of the few I don't hate.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Seriously... I think you should have a completely new set of awards next time. Or, atleast, replace the far too obivious ones. For example, the best member award is always between BoB and Psy, and so is best Male.
    RSL won Best Male. But there's no way I'm taking away the top three. xD

Best artist is always black orb and best gamer is always kishi etc.
    But those awards are for recognition for actual work. Not my fault everyone assumed Kishi was still doing stuff in the gaming forums. But yeah, there's no way I'm going to take away the Most Helpful ones or the Art & Writing ones either, because those have more reason than stuff like "Cutest Male" or "MLT Be Roadrunner". I like keeping some awards that actually reward people for effort!

There were other ones that were extremely obvious in the past that I dropped after 1-2 goes, the top 35 now are generally either there for a good reason, be it because they are given to people as an actual reward for effort or else because they create some really good battles.

Also, they can be beaten - Samuraid surpassing clout is a fine example of a long-term winner that some people think is a given losing out to another member.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For the artist thing, I really do think that a thread where everyone can view an artist's best work would help since, while black orb does some amazing stuff, I think *angel tears* posted some fan-freakin'-tastic stuff in the recent months which she should have been recognized for. But you know, a lot of people wouldn't know that if they don't spend too much time in the artist's forum. And black orb is the more familiar name.

She should have won for this piece alone.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    For the artist thing, I really do think that a thread where everyone can view an artist's best work would help since, while black orb does some amazing stuff, I think *angel tears* posted some fan-freakin'-tastic stuff in the recent months which she should have been recognized for. But you know, a lot of people wouldn't know that if they don't spend too much time in the artist's forum. And black orb is the more familiar name.

>>> Yeah, high quality art is important but forum activity/participation is more, prime example of this is Rengori his art isnt something you could call great but the guy post a lot of his work in the forum and got nominated..
    Each ciddie award is recognition for what you have done only in the past 6 months. So judge something like best artist or writer just by one piece of art would not be fair..
    If a member is not active enough and doesnt contribute with lots of art/fan art in the next 6 months then dont deserve to win, simple as that..
    Last edited by black orb; 06-11-2006 at 07:13 PM.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would say that your criteria for picking a best artist might not be the same as other people's criteria, black orb. If everyone agreed on everything, there would be no point in having these awards.

The ciddies give losers like me hope.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon
    The ciddies aren't a sham. Y'all are just bitter.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    I would say that your criteria for picking a best artist might not be the same as other people's criteria, black orb. If everyone agreed on everything, there would be no point in having these awards.
    >>> Yeah, but I think the major part of the artists who post on eoff agree with me too..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

Bitter? No. I simply realize the truth of these Ciddies! The truth is...

Award Guy is Loony BoB! Thus, the Ciddies are a sham. And Del Murder is Sandwich Man. So Sandwiches are a sham, too. But this is about the Ciddies. The Ciddies are a shameful sham. Not only because of Award Guy's secret identity, but because these votes can only be done by public opinion. An underrated member can't win a Ciddie and be underrated, because enough people liked him to win that Ciddie! The Ciddies are officially a sham! End of story.

Plus, I didn't win anything.

The Ciddies are a sham because singing kittens do not deliver the results to you on a whimsical platter.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel

>>> Yeah, high quality art is important but forum activity/participation is more, prime example of this is Rengori his art isnt something you could call great but the guy post a lot of his work in the forum and got nominated..
    Each ciddie award is recognition for what you have done only in the past 6 months. So judge something like best artist or writer just by one piece of art would not be fair..
    If a member is not active enough and doesnt contribute with lots of art/fan art in the next 6 months then dont deserve to win, simple as that..
    It's definitely a mix between quality and quantity - you need a balance. Also, of course, art is up to the individual - I personally don't really care for that pic of Quina, but that's just me. I like her other art, though.

If it was just quality, I'd just get my Mum to post one thread every half-year and she'd win every time!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Ciddies are a sham because she has yet to present an award, regardless of the tireless hours she's put in to attempting to nurse poor little kittens back to help.

The Ciddies ended when I stopped taking interest in them.