Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Last Anime You Watched

--Blood the Last Vampire--

Great animation quality, cool effects...but it was way too short (as in, 48 minutes)
    Yes it is. But an anime called Blood+ has been made. Saya is a young schoolgirl living with her family and she has no idea she is a slayer. The manga is quite good.
    Blood+ manga 1-3

**Thanks for the link**

Feena, The Goddess of Ys TifaLockhart7's Avatar

The Vision of Escaflowne 1st disc of the series! ^^ Episodes 1-8, I think..? o.o

:temigi: :tehidari:
    :kaohappy2 Hey, I'm Feena, nice to meet'cha!!! :kaohappy2
    Thx to Raven Nox for the siggy!

One hungry Tyrannosaurus Pauten's Avatar

Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    Amazing story and believable characters. Anno is a genious.

Quote Originally Posted by TifaLockhart7
    The Vision of Escaflowne 1st disc of the series! ^^ Episodes 1-8, I think..? o.o
    Vision of Escaflowne rocks!

Ummm Ninja Scroll - all and movie.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1013

I watched an episode of Inuyasha last night. I like Inuyasha, it has... an interesting storyline and the animation is really awesome some of the time. As well the characters seem to develop more and more all the time, but mostly the main characters Kagome and Inuyasha himself. But one thing I don't like is that this series is really really long and someone told me that it's not even done in Japan yet, but... I think that was to freak me out. x_x

I also watched Inuyasha, got the Complete First Season, boxed set, last Thursday

Thought I would see what Zannith and so many otheres having been raving about.

I quite enjoyed it, especially Sesshomaru..one of the cooler villains imo..I just love the way he talks, especially when he says "die" He also looks pretty cool. Naraku seems wierd atm, but he seems to be the true villain of the series. Naraku's theme, haha..

Before I watched Inuyasha, the last thing I watched was volume three of Tenjho Tenge...one hell of an awesome anime (imo)

Wolf's Rain...it is awesome

Roxas!

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

the last anime i watched was paranoia agent im so obbsest i dressed up like lil slugger and terrized my town

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Eureka Seven: Episodes 39 & 40 (out of 50 episodes)
    This is my absolute favourite show that's on my 'currently watching' list, I've been downloading it for over a year, but apparently it's on Adult Swim now.
    The main character is a young boy (aren't they all?) named Renton Thurston who is living alone with his grandfather, a renowned mechanic in their hometown. He's into this sport called 'Reffing' ('Lifting' in the dub) which is essentially surfing on hoverboards, using the energy called 'Trapar' in the air. He idolizes this man named Holland, the most popular and very skilled Reffer and leader of the anti-government group, 'Gekko State'. Oh, and Renton's father saved the world.
    One day, he's arguing with his grandfather who wishes he would give up Reffing and focus on being a mechanic, when a huge pink and white mech crashes into their house. Renton identifies it as the 'Nirvash' typeZERO, the prototype LFO (name of this type of mech) for all LFOs that came after it. It's also the mech that belongs to his idol, Holland. It's pilot, however, is a strange young girl with blue hair and very pale skin. Renton is immediately infatuated with her.
    It was no accident that the Nirvash arrived at their location. Renton's grandfather was actually the Head Technician on the Nirvash, the first LFO. He also created the large Ref boards that the majority of mechs use to transport themselves through the air. The pilot Eureka is uncannily skilled in the operation of the Nirvash, and can even communicate with it. Renton is quickly swept up in the actions of Gekko State, home of his idol Holland and this girl Eureka that he has sworn to protect. However, Renton has a much deeper link to Eureka, Holland, the Nirvash and the fate of the world than he realizes. And it's all because of his father, the hero who died saving the world. Of course Renton doesn't see it that way. He resents his father for abandoning him, and causing his older sister to disappear as well.
    Every member of Gekko State has a history that comes to the forefront at one point or another. For example, one character named Moondoggie you see doing menial jobs around the Gekko Go (Holland's ship, also stolen from the military). At one point, the Gekko Go is being pursued (they are an anti-government group after all) and their only pilot is incapacitated. This causes Moondoggie to bring up the fact (after over 30 episodes) that he is a licensed pilot--a point overlooked by Holland on his resume.
    When I first started watching the show, the art style didn't appeal to me. I quickly got used to it, and even enjoyed it after I saw how well everything was animated. The mechs are all well drawn, and the battles are intense and amazing.
    Like RahXephon (also made by BONES), the mechs are an important part of the story, but the real meat is the people and the relationships between them. That's something that BONES seems to do exceptionally well. Eureka 7's story is deep and twisting, and especially now that I'm in the last 10 episodes the tension seems to be rising exponentially. Holland, who seems like an aloof 'surfer dude', has everything carefully calculated. Every major plot twist changes the perspective of all the events that passed and that will come in the future, but Holland knew it all from the beginning. It's hard to talk about this show without revealing some spoilers. There are a few in this post, but not bad enough to destroy the show for you. Hands down, this is my favourite show right now. When it's all done, it might even dethrone RahXephon and Twelve Kingdoms from my #1 spot.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Episode 12 (link goes to site where you can direct-download it, or bit torrent)
    Holy crap, this show is awesome. It's totally random and extremely hilarious. The art is practically OVA quality throughout the show. This show is genuinely funny, and it doesn't resort to sweatdrops or characters falling over to punctuate its gags.
    One of the quirks of this show is that the episodes are not arranged in chronological order. It's not like other shows that have the last episode (or near the end) first, and then run the rest of the shows in order. This show actually has *all* of its episodes mixed up. There's a reason for this that can be derived from the episodes if you pay attention close enough.
    The title character, Haruhi Suzumiya, is an eccentric girl who isn't interested in normal things of this world. In fact, she isn't interested in anyone who isn't an alien, time traveler, esper, super human, or other things like that. Haruhi doesn't pull any punches when it comes to getting what she wants (in fact, she can actually alter reality to get what she wants...but that's a different point). These images below are an example of her blackmailing the Computer Club's president out of his newest and best computer.

The show is presented in wide-screen format, which is a plus for me. This show definitely isn't your average 'kids in school' anime. The comedy is off the scale, the surprises are often, and the underlying story is interesting. There is incredible attention to detail in this show, which actually uses real locations in Japan that are drawn with great accuracy. If you watch closely, you can often see things in the background that are happening that will affect something later on in the episode.
    I think this show runs at 120 frames-per-second, which translates into incredibly smooth animations. Especially in this most recent episode that randomly has two characters playing guitar (though you see them earlier in the episode in the background carrying guitar cases). The animations are crisp, blazing fast, smooth and possibly accurate. I don't know too much about playing guitars, but their fingers were moving along different strings in time with the music that looked like what a live person would do. And the songs in this episode are awesome, there are MP3s of them floating around on the 'net.
    The characters are all very likeable, and the story that weaves between them is intriguing. I highly reccommend downloading this show. Now. I even gave you the link.

I'm watching a few other shows as well, including Ouran High School Host Club and Bleach, but these were my most recent watches (as per the topic).

BLEACH!!!! W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ICHIGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Quote Originally Posted by feona17
    But one thing I don't like is that this series is really really long and someone told me that it's not even done in Japan yet, but... I think that was to freak me out. x_x
    The anime ended nearly two years ago in Japan, with episode 167. Only the manga is still going. It makes me sad that the show ended before the manga could finish, though! I would love to see some scenes from the latest chapters animated.

But the only thing I don't like about Inuyasha is its dubbing.

Subs all the way <3

And i havent decided on waht im going to watch next yet, so ill eidt it in later :P

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Ai no Kusabi (The Wedge of Love).

Warning, this is a two part yaoi OVA. Actually it is not that graphic, but it is set in a futuristic world where the planet is ruled by an oligarchy consisted of blondes. Anyways in this world it is common to have "pets", which are more or less personal sex slaves. Anyways the top Blondie of *forgets planet's name*, Iasion falls in love with his 'pet' Riki. It involves the risks Iasion takes with Riki, Riki's gang: the Bisons and Riki's lover: Guy. Quite the moving story. A really good plot that makes you want to cry at the end. Well rounded, it feels like a movie when you watch it.

I don't know the name of it but my flatmate was watching it

its about making bread and its 70 episodes long

soooooo freakin hardcore
    :mario::luigi: