Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?

and how much does it cost?
    because I've had my Eye on this game for a long while now and i'm very interested.

if you plan to get the Xbox 360 version, the game itself is 49.99 with a monthly fee of 12.99 with a dollar added for each character you make(first character you make is free of course). Plus, the Xbox 360 version has all the expansions included. And yeah, this game is worth it, because you'll get addicted doing quests and leveling up your character

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Also consider whether you can afford the thousands of hours to get anywhere in this game. You're shown a warning whenever you log on to play: Dont' forget your family, friends, work and school.

Of course if you can spare the time, it's thousands of hours of fun potentially.

Yeah the time factor is big. So far since Janurary I've logged over 26 days of playtime >_>;;

We have the PC version and it hasnt been touched in months. It cost to much to keep playing it and we couldnt play at the same time cause we had a character each on my boyfriends account. The leveling up takes far too long, the enemies cahse you and you cant do missions solo, 90% of the time you have to be in a party, which can be annoying when you play with people in different time zones. We play WoW together instead.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    if you plan to get the Xbox 360 version, the game itself is 49.99 with a monthly fee of 12.99 with a dollar added for each character you make(first character you make is free of course). Plus, the Xbox 360 version has all the expansions included. And yeah, this game is worth it, because you'll get addicted doing quests and leveling up your character

I heard the 360 version had no monthly bills.

And on topic, when I first got it I didn't like it and deleted my character. Now I have a new character and I love it... Once you understand what the game has to offer and how it all works, it's really fun. Just make sure you can afford it... (it's really not that expensive)
    jkhkjg

If you played 8 hours a week you will be spending 40 cents per hour to play. If you enjoy the game you'll be playing far more than that most likely and the price/hr would be quite low. If it seems high you should compare it to other games. If you payed 40 bucks for FFX and played it for 100 hours that comes out to 40 cents/hr. I'd say a lot of people play one player FFs in that ballpark and none of them complain about the price.

The price really isn't an issue unless you just don't like the game. In that case stop playing and stop paying and you'll have spent around as much as you would've for a one player game you tried and didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by No.78
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades

I heard the 360 version had no monthly bills.

And on topic, when I first got it I didn't like it and deleted my character. Now I have a new character and I love it... Once you understand what the game has to offer and how it all works, it's really fun. Just make sure you can afford it... (it's really not that expensive)
    Can anyone confirm that? If so, you just changed my mind on the 360. I'll buy it and get XI.

I think you may not have to pay for XBoxLive or whatever but you will still have to pay monthly for FFXI.

I'm pretty sure Xbox 630 version does have monthly fees...

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

It looks like only the first 30 days are free, unless they're talking about going online only, and not going online with the actual game. But I think the 360 comes with free silver membership and a 30-day gold membership. Or so I've read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...515796-1926322

PlayOnline is a completely different thing to Xbox Live. PlayOnline is run by Square-Enix, and is free, but you have to pay 12.99USD per month for one character on FFXI.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

You do need xbox live to play FFXI. However, you can just use a free silver account, like I do. Right now I pay $0 for Xbox live + $12.99 a month for FFXI. The only thing is I cant play any other of my xbox games on live (like I'd want to ).

I guess if you're made of money you could pay for both xbox live gold and playonline, although I dont really see the point.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

nvm the xbox version does have monthly bills, my sources were wrong.
    jkhkjg