Thread: Probably a small detail, but....

Default Probably a small detail, but....

Why was it, on the bridge in Zanarkand, WAAAAAAAAAAY at the beginning of the game, lots of people on it said they were sick.........?

I just thought that was weird.........

Any ideas?
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

hmm now that you mention it.. strange..

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Can't recall them saying that.

Bwhahaha I smell undeveloped plot-element theories among all the fanboys!

Sick with anticipation perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s
    Bwhahaha I smell undeveloped plot-element theories among all the fanboys!
    I hope that's undeveloped enough

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It's probably in reference to Sin being present. As we know later on in the game (SPOILER)Sin is a armour for Yevon, who is summoning Dream Zanarkand, which is the Zanarkand we see at the start of the game. That and the fact that Sin has some toxic associated with it that apparently makes people forget their memories. So one could assume that it affects the pyreflies that compose memories and everything else living in Spira (remember that spheres can record memories and play them back as well). Since the people of Zanarkand (SPOILER)are nothing but reconstructed pyreflies as demonstrated at the end of the game then the prescence of Sin was probably "rocking their world".
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I dont remember people saying they were sick.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

Quote Originally Posted by a nirvana fan
    There were a couple. Some people said "they had the shivers" and another said "I feel like im on a rollercoaster" and stuff like that.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

In that case, Maxx Power's probably totally right.
    jkhkjg

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

maybe nervous excitment

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

I never rly pay attenion to what npc's say, but indeed maxx power is probably right (In other words i cant be bothered to come up with a theory)

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    Quote Originally Posted by a nirvana fan
    There were a couple. Some people said "they had the shivers" and another said "I feel like im on a rollercoaster" and stuff like that.
    This is true. There are multiple characters, both in DZ and Spira that say this.
    Tidus also uses this excuse throughout the beginning of the game until Yuna catches on and Auron returns, driving the attention away from Tidus.

It's best explained by Maxx Power's explanation and Sin's presence, but the difference is, is that DZ never had contact with Sin (except a few times where it may have actually interfered), so they would be more likely to feel the effects, depite Sin's distance (for the time) as they had not picked up any form of immunity. Being nothing but pure pyreflies themselves would also have an egregious effect.

The people in Spira weren't affected by Sin, until AFTER he attacked, which explains the tradition throughout early FFX saying that Sin was poisonous. This is likely untrue, because Sin is one giant hulking mass of pyreflies, and such a magnitude of them gathering would likely be to affect the pyreflies, who also somewhat steward your memories. But the people of Spira are also mostly flesh and blood, which means the effect of Sin is somewhat inhibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel

This is true. There are multiple characters, both in DZ and Spira that say this.
    Tidus also uses this excuse throughout the beginning of the game until Yuna catches on and Auron returns, driving the attention away from Tidus.

It's best explained by Maxx Power's explanation and Sin's presence, but the difference is, is that DZ never had contact with Sin (except a few times where it may have actually interfered), so they would be more likely to feel the effects, depite Sin's distance (for the time) as they had not picked up any form of immunity. Being nothing but pure pyreflies themselves would also have an egregious effect.

The people in Spira weren't affected by Sin, until AFTER he attacked, which explains the tradition throughout early FFX saying that Sin was poisonous. This is likely untrue, because Sin is one giant hulking mass of pyreflies, and such a magnitude of them gathering would likely be to affect the pyreflies, who also somewhat steward your memories. But the people of Spira are also mostly flesh and blood, which means the effect of Sin is somewhat inhibited.
    *applauds* Good goin, Tav!

But. I dont remember anyone in Spira, nor Tidus saying they had the shivers. I remember them talking about its alleged "toxin", but all it said that happens is loss of memory and flightiness. And the reason Tidus was acting like he was sick was because he was hungry (which magically went away after he met Yuna :\ Curious...)

I see what you mean about the "toxin" not existing, but why would a mass of brain-scrambling pyreflies affect the Dream Zanarkandians, who themselves are just a collection of pyreflies?
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow