Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Cast A FF8 Movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKadaj View Post
    Why would you all want real people to play the parts? That's really odd, I think it would be better with Japanese actors and two It would probably be good as a CG movie like Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.
    1- Japanese actors aren't real people?
    2- FF8 and its characters were supposed to be explicitly more western, hence basing Squall on River Pheonix.
    3- If we're doing CG, Robin Williams as 3/4 the cast.
    First of all, I was really going for the western actors. I just don't think they have the features, except for the eyes and hair color. The japanese actors have the facial features for it. I like it more. No reason to give me a list for my opinion. CG is good and Japanese Voice Actors too do it also. I'm sorry but maybe you need a chill pill.
    Signature Under Construction

I am chill. I point by point often.

And you still have no good reason for having asian people play non asian characters. It would be like having Wesley Snipes play an Edo era Samurai.

Though "because it's japanese, they should play them" is an incredibly inane justification. It'd be like having the RE games and movies starred in by japanese people, just because the games are from japan, nevermind that the series has been New York/ Euro centric in setting and character.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Why would you all want real people to play the parts? That's really odd, I think it would be better with Japanese actors and two It would probably be good as a CG movie like Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.
    Why not?
    As much as the character's may look white, expcept for Rinoa. I think that because it's Japanese, They should play them. I have my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but has anyone seen the Live Action DBZ? Sailor Moon Stars? Hell, Street Fighter II? Super Mario Bros.? DOOM? OMG, HOUSE OF THE DEAD?!?!!!

I'm not saying it's not a cool idea, but... History has shown... y'know...

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As long as Uma Thurman plays Quistis, I'll be happy.

Although, I always imagined Quistis with a British accent in the game. Well, whatever, more Uma/Quistis is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    No, I think Robin Williams would make a better Dr. Odine. Yes, definitely Dr. Odine.
    Oh! I never thought of that. That's actually a good idea.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    As long as Uma Thurman plays Quistis, I'll be happy.

Although, I always imagined Quistis with a British accent in the game. Well, whatever, more Uma/Quistis is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    No, I think Robin Williams would make a better Dr. Odine. Yes, definitely Dr. Odine.
    Oh! I never thought of that. That's actually a good idea.
    Thanks, but as Quistis goes... I'm thinking... The girl from "Save the Last Dance"? ... Or am I thinking of Heidi Cloom? Hey, I just remember the pronounciation, I don't know the spelling... But am thinking of the right person?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoh Amon Khan III View Post
    Why not?
    As much as the character's may look white, expcept for Rinoa. I think that because it's Japanese, They should play them. I have my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but has anyone seen the Live Action DBZ? Sailor Moon Stars? Hell, Street Fighter II? Super Mario Bros.? DOOM? OMG, HOUSE OF THE DEAD?!?!!!

I'm not saying it's not a cool idea, but... History has shown... y'know... :mad:
    Actually, [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]ty "buck off a script" movie making has shown. RE (though Apocalypse was far too Mary Sue for my tastes) shows that VG scripts CAN be done well.
    Also, the Live DB was a foreign knockoff of the first major DB arc, and no one related to DB sanctioned it.
    The live action Stars must refer to the Sera Myus musicals, which run the gamut from great to mind numbing. All are amusing as hell, though.
    House of the Dead I can explain in two words. UWE BOLL.
    I can explain SF2 in three. Jean Claude VanDamme. Even the kickass guy who played Bison couldn't pull a VanDamme movie out of the mud.
    The problem with Doom was that they couldn't commit. That and the only thing it had in common with actual doom after the changed it was the generic crap.
    I liked Super Mario Bros. Had nothing to do with SM, but then again, they had nearly nothing to work with, and managed to make a decent product.

Basically, it's all about respecting the material.

Though I doubt FF8 would work as a movie (unless it's a sequel). I say 6-13 episode series, 24 if we wanna be comprehensive about everything. That should get just about all the plot and plot battles.
    Maybe a movie or movie length episode to finish it off.

The girl from Last Dance would make a better Rinoa (after a die job), and Heidi Klum should be Edea, if anyone.

Banned

Default ?????

What is "UWE BOLL"... Hey, I'm un-hip.

And you give you fuggin' respect to Raul Julia! It's not his fault that was his last movie before he died. I SO wanted to see him in a third Addams Family movie... SFII was the suckest movie.

Super Mario Bros. was a different movie that took the Marios in a different attempt 'logical' directions, but... It's not bad, but it didn't stick to what people lining up expected. I mean, I didn't 'hate' Super Mario Bros. but...

I guess it's kind like Masters of the Universe the Movie... It had to grow on me. The only saving grace was Skeletor! SKELETOR!!!!! The Universe if POWER! Pure unstoppable POWER! And now I AM THAT SOURCE! I AM THAT POWER! ... KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!!!!!!

Kinda like... OMG, it just hit me, DOUBLE DRAGON... Twin Brothers that OBVIOUSLY DON"T have any genetic relation... OY!

House of the dead, I don't know what you said, but I believe it's something we can agree on! LOL
    Last edited by Pharoh Amon Khan III; 09-22-2006 at 06:36 AM.

And you still have no good reason for having asian people play non asian characters. It would be like having Wesley Snipes play an Edo era Samurai.

Though "because it's japanese, they should play them" is an incredibly inane justification. It'd be like having the RE games and movies starred in by japanese people, just because the games are from japan, nevermind that the series has been New York/ Euro centric in setting and character.
    Well you might want to watch the live action version of sailor moon, Those characters looked white. but were in fact japanese actos playing them in the live action version. The Japanese well probably have they're own actors play the parts before any western actor. I just don't think it fits them.

And your plain retard for coming up with the Wesley Snipes thing. Cause they was just stupid.

Why not?

I'm not saying it's not a cool idea, but... History has shown... y'know... :mad:
    Actually, [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]ty "buck off a script" movie making has shown. RE (though Apocalypse was far too Mary Sue for my tastes) shows that VG scripts CAN be done well.
    Also, the Live DB was a foreign knockoff of the first major DB arc, and no one related to DB sanctioned it.
    The live action Stars must refer to the Sera Myus musicals, which run the gamut from great to mind numbing. All are amusing as hell, though.
    House of the Dead I can explain in two words. UWE BOLL.
    I can explain SF2 in three. Jean Claude VanDamme. Even the kickass guy who played Bison couldn't pull a VanDamme movie out of the mud.
    The problem with Doom was that they couldn't commit. That and the only thing it had in common with actual doom after the changed it was the generic crap.
    I liked Super Mario Bros. Had nothing to do with SM, but then again, they had nearly nothing to work with, and managed to make a decent product.

Basically, it's all about respecting the material.

Though I doubt FF8 would work as a movie (unless it's a sequel). I say 6-13 episode series, 24 if we wanna be comprehensive about everything. That should get just about all the plot and plot battles.
    Maybe a movie or movie length episode to finish it off.

The girl from Last Dance would make a better Rinoa (after a die job), and Heidi Klum should be Edea, if anyone.
    Both Edea and Rinoa have asian features. So when was it okay to have woman of white/european decent to play them?

Why not?

There was a live action Sailor Moon.

Banned

Why not?

Yeah... I know... It wasn't bad... per say, but uh... It's not something I would go braggin 'bout at the next Anime-Con, if y'know what I'm sayin'...

Well you might want to watch the live action version of sailor moon, Those characters looked white. but were in fact japanese actos playing them in the live action version. The Japanese well probably have they're own actors play the parts before any western actor. I just don't think it fits them.
    I have watched PGSM. They didn't look caucasian at smegging all.

And your plain retard for coming up with the Wesley Snipes thing. Cause they was just stupid.
    Might I just say that you calling me retarded with no less than three grammar errors in two sentences was just funny. Let's use another example. Antonio Banderas playing Emperor Hirohito in an American picture about WW2.

Both Edea and Rinoa have asian features. So when was it okay to have woman of white/european decent to play them?
    A case could be made for Edea being a mixed race, but Rinoa's decidedly caucasian.

And a live action You're Under Arrest, Gokusen, La Blue Girl, etc. What's your point?

And PAK, Uwe Boll is notorious for making bad video game movies like House of the Dead, Bloodrain, and others.

You know ChibiKadaj, if you are so adamant that they should be Japanese actors then suggest some.

I would love to see your picks since the reason I avoided it was because I don't know enough of them. Do you?

Banned

Angry RYUSHIKAZIE!!!!!!!

You do realize that now I know who Uwe Boll is... I must kill them. They must be destroyed. Will help me?!!!! DESTROYED!!!!

What other monstrosity will they make next? Castlevania? Defender?... GASP!!! FROGGER 2K?!!!!

You know ChibiKadaj, if you are so adamant that they should be Japanese actors then suggest some.

I would love to see your picks since the reason I avoided it was because I don't know enough of them. Do you?
    [I see i have people whom hate me, the poor little black girl that's just making a statement.]

First of all. I don't know names of actors from japan. But i do know that I would find them more appealing then western actors.

When I first posted in here, I came with my opinion and I did not bother anyone else's. But I guess people are just anal.

I have watched PGSM. They didn't look caucasian at smegging all.

Might I just say that you calling me retarded with no less than three grammar errors in two sentences was just funny. Let's use another example. Antonio Banderas playing Emperor Hirohito in an American picture about WW2.

A case could be made for Edea being a mixed race, but Rinoa's decidedly caucasian.

And a live action You're Under Arrest, Gokusen, La Blue Girl, etc. What's your point?

And PAK, Uwe Boll is notorious for making bad video game movies like House of the Dead, Bloodrain, and others.
    I was making a point that there were live action animes and what not with JAPANESE actors. even though most animes protray western/european people. I don't understand why you must break up all of my posts and pick little things out just to make me feel stupid. I came in here with my opinion and I wasn't messin with anyone else. Why are you picking someone for a simple spelling error I may have made? Is that what you set out to do?

Why not?

Yeah... I know... It wasn't bad... per say, but uh... It's not something I would go braggin 'bout at the next Anime-Con, if y'know what I'm sayin'...
    I go to many anime conventions. And i've told people i've seen the Live action of Sailor moon. Some hate and some love it. Just because I like something, should not mean i should keep it in,because i'm afraid of what people think of me. Cause I couldn't care less.

Don't post more than once in a row, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void