Thread: Creating a Website....

Default Creating a Website....

Greetings, ive recently decided to start creating a Nightmare On Elm Street website but I cant find any GOOD website creators, ive tried Tripod, Freewebs and Geocities but I think there all rubbish, do you guys know any good website creators.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've heard Notepad is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    I've heard Notepad is pretty good.
    Whats the link to it?

Thanks

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What levian is saying is, learn how to write HTML yourself :]

You might find sites like http://www.lissaexplains.com and http://www.funky-chickens.com to be of use when starting off learning how to code a website. Just don't use frames please.

Also, let's move this to a more helpful place!

Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    that is awsome.

I suggest vi though

Anyways, it all depends on what you are doing. NVU, bluefish, dev-php (for php pages), evrsoft, and dreamweaver are fair choices. If you really want to LEARN XHTML/css and other aspects of design code - use notepad, and or some other raw text editing program. Do not copy and paste code either, type it all-out

Good luck.

Bip

I dont understand HTML one slightest bit

I prefer to use a simple website creator.

Quote Originally Posted by a nirvana fan

Use Rubah's link, and learn. It will make you a better person. Otherwise buy dreamweaver, or if you really want to piss me off, go Frontpage.

Bipper

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a nirvana fan

I would recomend giving it a shot. Simple html is a breeze and it makes troubleshooting why your site doesn't look right that much easier(cause not everything goes 100% your way even with those website tools).

I actually use Dreamweaver and its ilk to just speed up the troubleshooting of the code rather then for thier designer modes(though they can be nice when I feel lazy or am playing with frames... I really don't like doing frames myself... but yet they can be useful at times so I do them the lazy mans way).

I would offer some assistance but I am so far behind current coding that Dreamweaver gives me heck about using 'outdated syntax/commands'. Looks like either dreamweaver is full of it, or I got to do some restudying most likely the latter..

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I dont want to use HTML, I want an actual website creator like Geocities for example but much better.

geocities is a host. - is that what you are looking for?

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

If you mean you want a website template like Geocites offers... well I don't much know what to tell you. I am really unfamilar with others templates, prefering to do them myself. And anyways, doing it yourself generally produces better results then those generic free templates you get at those sites.

The best bet if you want a good looking sit is to use a web developmental package like Dreamweaver. In designer you do no HTML pretty much(if any) and it is all just clicking. In addition Web Page Design is called such because while the code is important a large focus is on the design part. Meaning you need some artistic sense. Such as which colors blend well to produce the mood you want. Ligthing, the web graphics the make your site unique, etc. Those are the hard parts. Coding it is easy as can be compared to the rest.

It isn't as nice as Dreamweaver(which has the design mode) but I got a nice little tool that is free to distrubute(or so it says on my license) that I love for HTML. Actually I think I may go back to it if dreamweaver keeps bugging me about my Coding. Anyways I could send it to you if you want to play with it. However, If you just want those sitebuilders with thier templates I really don't know what to say. You likely won't get them much better then that(though you might, I don't look much into that).

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

i dunno what u are looking for now but heres a hosting thing for website its a bit confusing

www.apache2triad.net