View Poll Results: Which version of Twilight Princess will you get?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gamecube.

10 40.00%
  • Wii.

11 44.00%
  • Both at the same time.

1 4.00%
  • I'm not getting Twilight Princess.

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wii or the GC?

Blog Entries

Default Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wii or the GC?

Which version of Twilight Princess are you going to get? Wii or GC?

As far as controls go, we only know that the Wii version will be using the Wiimote and Nunchaku. We don't know if it will be compatible with GC controllers or not. So, as of right now, this is basically a "Which controller fit for Zelda? Wii or GC?" topic.

I know that I'm going to get the GC version first, as I'm probably not going to get a Wii at launch. So if what Nintendo says is true, how Zelda: TP comes out on the day the Wii comes out, then that means that I will be getting the GC version. Plus, I haven't used the Wii controller myself, so to be safe, I'd get the GC version.

How about you?

Zidane: I think I'll get the Gamecube edition because 1) I think it be a a while before I can get used to the Wii controllers, and 2) Zelda is the only reason I still buy from Nintendo, Twilight Princess is the only reason I got a Gamecube.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'll probably get it for a GameCube for a couple reasons. One, I don't think I'll be getting a Wii at launch. Two, as awesome as the Wii controller will probably be, using something other than a traditional pad for Zelda makes me feel...well, it just doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar
    I'll probably get it for a GameCube for a couple reasons. One, I don't think I'll be getting a Wii at launch. Two, as awesome as the Wii controller will probably be, using something other than a traditional pad for Zelda makes me feel...well, it just doesn't seem right.
    Zidane: I concur, I saw a preview of what the Wii controller is going to be like, one side of the controller in one hand, and one side in the other, that may be a bad move for Nintendo, for over two decades, the controller has always been one piece you have to have both hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    Zidane: I concur, I saw a preview of what the Wii controller is going to be like, one side of the controller in one hand, and one side in the other, that may be a bad move for Nintendo, for over two decades, the controller has always been one piece you have to have both hands on.
    It's the entire point of the Wii, though.

Anyway, I'll be getting it for Wii, because I plan to get a Wii at launch anyway. Also, the Wii version has more content than the Game Cube version.

Blog Entries

I don't really see the trouble with two pieces. If it were one piece, then either the Wiimote would be severely hindered, or you'd be limited to to 2 buttons, a D-Pad, and motion sensing technology all in one hand without changing your hand position drastically. That would be more tiring than swinging my arm around to play Mario.

Wii. =D Because I don't have a gamecube. ;D

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't have a problem with the controller itself. I love the idea of new games that you can control with the wave of the hand, and it'll really expand just how we interact with what we play. But I'd still like to play Zelda the way I've always played it, at least at first. I'm sure I'll experience it both ways eventually.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Wii. I'll be getting one at launch anyway, so why the heck not? Plus firing the bow with the Wiimote just looks awesome. xD

I already have the GC, why would i spend more money to get a Wii when i can just get it for the system i already have

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The game wasn't built for Wii control; it was just shoehorned in mid-development--and, by all accounts from E3, to pretty ill results. So, I'll be getting the GameCube version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Wii. =D Because I don't have a gamecube. ;D
    The Wii can play GameCube games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    The Wii can play GameCube games.
    Yeah, so I can buy Wind Waker. =D I just thought I may as well get Twilight Princess for Wii, as it's a launch title.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    The game wasn't built for Wii control; it was just shoehorned in mid-development--and, by all accounts from E3, to pretty ill results.
    I'd bet a lot of money that the finished product will be much more comfortable and natural-feeling.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My fiance and I will get it for GameCube 'cause that's what we have. And we'll fight over it and get a divorce and fight for custody.

Wii for me. I'm sure Nintendo will figure things out by then.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3