Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your expectations and likings.

Your expectations and likings.

So, what exactly, are you expecting the characters perosnalities to be like, and what do you want them to be?
    Personally, I think it'd be awesome if they had a charcter that was shapelss. He was kinda like a shadow, and when he talked, it was in parables and riddles that made you think. He coulod have some ability to chenge himself, or rather, whatever you effect him with, he changes to match it. If you use strength increasement items and make him fight, and upgrade his weapons, then he gets bulkier and tougher, and if you give him magic and stuff he looks more like a mage. Also, if you give him, more specifically, thunder magic, then he'd be yellowish or blueiush if you give him water, or more clear-blue for Ice. Although Im sure they'll have some character that shuts himself out from people like in 7 or 8. I havent played 10/11 so I dont know if they had one in those, but you know.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

A character that speaks in riddles is like a cookie that doesn't taste good. USLESS. Bwhahah I wish I could riddle my answer into a riddle.

Anyways, I hope Lightning isn't your generic "waaaaaaah I'm a whiny girl who needs a man to save me" character. She needs to be strong.

Any other characters I just hope are deep. Not just a person with a one sided personality (ie. Barret).

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

It's gotta have a moody guy who's amazing in battle... ... With a... Pole.
    jkhkjg

As cliche as it is, I of course want to have yet another dark, mysterious character, like Auron or Shadow. Preferably more like Shadow.

Also, I'd like to have a character a bit like Kuja, smart and sophisticated, using others for his own gain. However, instead of this character being a central villian, I want him to be a playable character, who is helping the party reach their goal, but at the same time using them to fulfill his own goal. That would be the best.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I like the fact that the main protagonist will be a woman. It doesn't happen enough in video games, even to this day. I also expect that Lightning (if that is her true name) won't be the typical damsel in distress type cliché.

We can only hope.
    Well, I like people's ideas. And I like the feminist view, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DoaJ
    So, what exactly, are you expecting the characters perosnalities to be like, and what do you want them to be?
    Personally, I think it'd be awesome if they had a charcter that was shapelss. He was kinda like a shadow, and when he talked, it was in parables and riddles that made you think. He coulod have some ability to chenge himself, or rather, whatever you effect him with, he changes to match it. If you use strength increasement items and make him fight, and upgrade his weapons, then he gets bulkier and tougher, and if you give him magic and stuff he looks more like a mage. Also, if you give him, more specifically, thunder magic, then he'd be yellowish or blueiush if you give him water, or more clear-blue for Ice. Although Im sure they'll have some character that shuts himself out from people like in 7 or 8. I havent played 10/11 so I dont know if they had one in those, but you know.
    ahem, you mean like FABLE?

I don't want my hero to be exactly like in Fable. Not that I have something against Fable, just that if I want something just like Fable, I'd pick up Fable. I want a guy who's savining the world just for the money or something. Not because it's right, or because of any other noble reason, but for a comepletely selfish reason.

I do like the FF2j level up system -- use a sword, your sword skill goes up, use a shield, the shield skill goes up. Use a spell enough, and the damage it does goes up. That makes the game form itself to the way YOU play. They should bring that back -- without the glitch.

As to gameplay -- you should have freedom to explore and a 3d rotatable camera. I want my dungeons to be full of puzzles and traps. I want strategic battles (ATB is confirmed for XIII proper, so it should be possible). I want to have to THINK my way past a boss, not just use uber-spells and limit breaks and summons.

I've never played Fable. lol, sorry.

I hope they have Solid Snake in this one.
    Oh, and Samuel L Jackson.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marc
    [I hope they have] Samuel L Jackson [in this one].
    I wouldn't be surprised.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I highly doubt the main character will be some stereotypical 'omg save me!' female character. Especially being a main character. Although I really don't want her to be a female version of Cloud, she pretty much will be anyway. ( ) Ah well. I'm not incredibly picky, so I'll go along with it anyway.

It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about, umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Numb
    It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect:whoa: or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about, umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game. :eep:
    Thats probably the best idea Ive ever heard.

It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about, umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game.
    It's called FFVII
    It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect
    You got two of them.
    Yuffie, Cait Sith.

or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about
    Don't know about you, but I don't really take a fluffy pink toy very seriously.

umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game.
    If you played FFVII, I think you can figure it out on your own who that person is....

Quote Originally Posted by King-Killer
    It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect:whoa: or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about, umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game. :eep:
    It's called FFVII
    It would be fun if there was a traitor for a change, or anything shocking that you wouldn't expect
    You got two of them.
    Yuffie, Cait Sith.

or a REALLY FUNNY character that everyone laughs about
    Don't know about you, but I don't really take a fluffy pink toy very seriously.

umm..as for an example it would be funny if they like added a charcter that knew nothing about the story but keeps acting serious and mysterious although everyone knows that's he's lost, so they keep asking him and he keeps babling about something else and wouldn't understand a thing until the end of the game. :eep:
    If you played FFVII, I think you can figure it out on your own who that person is....
    maybe that could have to do with why so many people loved ffvii