Thread: Max Characters

Default Max Characters

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Max amount of characters you can hold is 16. This is including monsters and special characters, correct? So if you know you're going to get Reis or Worker 8 you must have at least one open space? Any way around this to hold more people?
    You've got red on you

It includes monsters and special characters that are not guests. You can have more than 16 characters if any of them are guests... Like, your 17th person could be a guest, see?

So, there is no way to hold more than 16 characters. Guests just don't count toward the 16.

And if you want Reis or Worker 8 or any other non-guest character for that matter, you'll have to do some dismissing and read some sad parting comments. I personally NEVER found Rafa or Malak useful in battle. Rafa is okay for Move-Find Item. That's it
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Yeah this is what I figured. I don't really want to dismiss any of the people I've spent hours training, so I've just been hacking off chocos left and right.
    You've got red on you

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I found it's best to dismiss most of your generic soldiers once you finish most of the Propositions to leave space for monster breeding. Breeding one monster class at a time is the best way to go. Once you've finished that, you can fill up your remaining slots with generic soldiers and monsters. This way I've manged to keep all my nongeneric characters. I dismissed Boco though.

You can still recruit characters with a full roster. But the game will prompt you to dismiss someone to make room.