Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

but how come marche and ritz are back then. werent they returned to the real world at the end? its true that you can continue playing after the end sequence but how do marche and the rest end up back in ivalice (by ivalice i mean the one with swords and sorcery not s.t ivalice.)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    but how come marche and ritz are back then. werent they returned to the real world at the end? its true that you can continue playing after the end sequence but how do marche and the rest end up back in ivalice (by ivalice i mean the one with swords and sorcery not s.t ivalice.)?
    Well, as far as I know, the only theory which has a logical explanation for that is mine! No one else has even attempted to explain why they still exist in Ivalice after the destruction of the crystals, which is one of many reasons why that theory is so awesome.

However, why it happened doesn't matter. It did happen, and no one can dispute that. You can continue to play in Ivalice with Marche, Doned, Cid, and Ritz, and that plot clearly states that Mewt left Ivalice.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

hmm. fair enough. sounds good. continue with the planning and ideas and enjoy and keep us updated.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

PM me if you need help with anything (story, ideas, etc). We could always make a ROM hack of FFTA.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade

Well, as far as I know, the only theory which has a logical explanation for that is mine! No one else has even attempted to explain why they still exist in Ivalice after the destruction of the crystals, which is one of many reasons why that theory is so awesome.

However, why it happened doesn't matter. It did happen, and no one can dispute that. You can continue to play in Ivalice with Marche, Doned, Cid, and Ritz, and that plot clearly states that Mewt left Ivalice.
    Bringin in mewt can bring a nice sidequest resolving the problems of the palace. Of course if you do that he wont be able to come into a clan. but if you make marche fight alongside the palaca sometimes you can make him fight to. And you can always make a great story about llednar and it doesnt matter if he on either sides, He adds allot to the story.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

it is true that a lot of people would like mewt and llednar was one of the favourite characters for a lot of people.

I have been considering this idea a bit more in depth over the past week or so, and I have come up with a few more conclusions.

First, with Remedi, Mewt, and the Gran Grimoire gone, there is no known link between Ivalice and St. Ivalice, which makes the return of Mewt nearly impossible. Since Mewt's own issues have been resolved, there is no reason for him to return to Ivalice. And the others cannot call him and tell him something is wrong because we know of no way to communicate between the worlds. With one possible exception. If you guys really want Mewt back so much, there might be a way. I am speaking of the seams. In the original game, it was stated that the crystals were created inside the seams. The crystals and totema were new to Ivalice, but there is no indication that the seams were (talking historically. Talking chronologically, both the seams and the Totema came into existance at the same time). Therefore, it is logical to assume that the seams are still there. When the crystals were inside the seams, they became more active in Ivalice, and people noticed them more. But this raises the question as to what the seams truly are. I have begun to think that the seams, the "wrinkles in space", may actually be a distabilization of the fabric of Ivalice. Why they occur is as yet unknown, but if that theory is correct, then the construction of the crystals inside the seams makes sense. The magic of the crystals did more than just serve as a manifestation of the desires that held the world together. Their magic may have served to physically hold the world together as well. Where better to place the crystals than in the seams that are the weakest points in Ivalice?

And now, with the laws of Ivalice in upheaval, and the entire country embroiled in the war, what will happen to those forgotten rifts in space time, the rifts between the worlds? There may be far more to the seams than we know. And if they affect Ivalice, why could they not affect St. Ivalice as well? Certainly, the world itself is not as inherently magical as the world of Ivalice, but magic is possible (if it were not, reading the book would have had no effect). The seams could exist there as well. And finding a seam in St. Ivalice would be the perfect excuse to bring Mewt back. And, where Mewt goes, his alter ego follows (even if it was severly weakened by the events of FFTA, it could still exist)...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Well, we have the sprites to make the sequel, we know how to make a general feeling of the game, and we have just about all of the information we need to make a game.
    *snuggles Tonberry Sprites*
    This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!

Llednar Twem is not so much an alter ego, as an aspect of Mewts personality - so long as Mewt exists, so does Llednar. Llednar being destroyed was showing that Mewt - the source of his existence was gone. However, this should not be taken as being his "death". Llednar is only in relative terms alive.
    Also, the plot looks cool. BUT, and I BEG of you here, dont give in to pressure and bring back Mewt. HE IS GONE!
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

this weakening of the rifts could be used for other things too. sounds good so far.

you forget that in some strange way after the fist ending marche ritz and cid came back to ivalice because in the first ending you see everyone returned to st ivalice. Wich means that if Marche and Ritz can go back why cant mewt.

Mewt can be a great asset to the story, giving him the task of getting ivalice back together. you can also use doned as a tactician, like him and mewt working together making plans to defend ivalice while march and tirz carry those plans out and ocasinaly throw in there own plans.

this sequel idea can bring such a good story but the idea needs to be thought out more.

im not sure if youve said anything about this before but why dont you bring in other continents? its says on the game that ivalice is not the world. ivalice is just a continent.

if i remember correctly ivalice was just a (desert country) (I'm replayin it now and they just said something like this (marche to babus after adramalach fight)

yes other countries should be introduced but that was the plan if i remember (right sky ?).

oh and just thought of it a side quest for every race would be cool. not just a [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]y easy one but a real tough time taking side quest

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    im not sure if youve said anything about this before but why dont you bring in other continents? its says on the game that ivalice is not the world. ivalice is just a continent.
    We are already bringing in other countries, so I suppose we could bring in other continents...

Quote Originally Posted by tailz
    oh and just thought of it a side quest for every race would be cool. not just a y easy one but a real tough time taking side quest
    Works for me. I loved all the little sidequests in the original, but, you're right, they're too short. Except for the Hero Gaol, Delia Wyrms, and Borzoi/Redwings missions, they were all basically a single engagement. We need more chain quests!

Having one for each race sounds good. Especially since that would mean that players have to work out how to best use their units. After all, you can't just gather a group of Assassins and kill everything if it is a Bagaa quest. We could make the missions really difficult, and require people to use their units together instead of individual little killing machines (not that I have anything against the killing machines).

yep but this would also mean (at least how i look at it) that you need a main-char for every race. And you cant use ritz and shara because they are in another clan, wich would lead to new (intresting) characters who would need to lead that side quest.

oh and sky one thing is there going to be a love story in it because, well ff traditions and all. could bring some intresting moments in batlle and such.