Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

Quote Originally Posted by tailz
    yep but this would also mean (at least how i look at it) that you need a main-char for every race. And you cant use ritz and shara because they are in another clan, wich would lead to new (intresting) characters who would need to lead that side quest.

oh and sky one thing is there going to be a love story in it because, well ff traditions and all. could bring some intresting moments in batlle and such.
    I'd like that. I was a little upset that there was no main Bangaa character. Square Enix discriminate against Bangaa!

Well, the Ritz/Marche pairing is certainly viable, especially since they would be older during the sequel. Ritz may not be in your clan, but that doesn't mean you're not going to be able to talk to her at all. And, since Ritz seemed to hate even the suggestion of her and Marche getting together when Shara hinted at it, so it could be a rather interesting love story...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

exactly my point
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

I personally do not like the Judge class idea because well, if it is going to be a darker world + plot in the new FFTA, i think it woulds be cool to add a darker/more twisted version of like a paladin, or sage, because when your very life is on the line, you might have to go to some extremes.

The laws in FFTA were easy to get around for me, and i like the plot, it introduces the countries bordering ivalice and makes laws a little more chaotic, but i think there needs to be either more varied locations/darker versions of the palace, mountain, desert (if possible) or bring up the amount of Jagds in the game.

now im going a tad too far with the kinds of terrain, but yea, just brainstorming
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

I think that this sounds cool. Another interesting thing would be vehicles. Make a new class that has the ability to use diferent vehicles as their a-abilitys. The vehicles could be Airship, Chocobo, Galley, Mini-tank. Bad guys could be rulers of these country's.

Skyrut- New country to the north.
    Consists of- Moogles (rulers), Viera, Human
    This Country has many mountains and to traverse these mountains they use airships.
    Ruler- King Ono
    The king is a very weak leader and is actually controlled by the dark guild of the Acid's. They enjoy status using magic and quick stealth fighters and archers.

This is just a layout for one of the country's. I think mewt should come through a seam later in the game and play in a few missions where he and his opposite ego llendar use their skills to repel the vile guild Acid (Battles against guilds and royal army's would be the boss battles).

The hiring system sounds good. I would also like the ability to delete lvls in classes u dont want lvls in.

Get going sky and pm me your story i would love to see a rough draft in full.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Grin

given your extensive experience in FFTA, I would think that you are, of all of us on this site, the most qualified to forge the second one, and Yeah everything going on in this thread is so darn cool. Another setup for a small, lawless continent would be to have every space on it a jagd except for it's palace, where you have to fight their royalty and the elite guards. It would have to be a Human & Viera heavy continent filled with ninjas and assassins and anything else that is rather dark that you add (we all want to see a blackguard, you know). And Making the ruler of the jagd-continent an intelligent tonberry is an interesting idea. There's nothing scarier than 6 tonberries against you in a confined space, especially with one being an Uber story-character that is immune to 1-hit kills and most status effects (*shudders*). It would be a nightmare of a place to visit, but it has to be done, just for the sake of the tonberry... I love those little bastards SOOOO much. Gonna go out as one next halloween (yeah I'm 17 so what free candy is free candy). And btw man the story ideas being thrown around in here are amazing. If you were to get permission from Square to make a test-game for them it'd be so cool. Even if they don't want to waste time coming up with a huge storyline, you could probably send one to them free-of-charge and just ask to be mentioned in the credits in the special-thanks-to area, and you could always be able to look back at it and brag.
    The Unending Swarm, Hive Fleets Behemoth, Kraken, And Leviathan, And The Countless Others Drifting In The Void Are Only The Beginning Of The End For The Imperials. Their Arrogance, Their Taint Upon The Multiverse, And The Fall Of Their False God, The Emperor, Are All Coming Far Sooner Than They Would Ever Expect. Let The Tyranids, Truly Superior Beings, Bring Their Doom. Let Them Find Their Doom In The Form Of Clawed Talons And Serrated Teeth. The Fools Shan't Be Missed.

Which FF Character Are You?

I haven't posted here in a while, but I have still been thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Paladin View Post
    given your extensive experience in FFTA, I would think that you are, of all of us on this site, the most qualified to forge the second one, and Yeah everything going on in this thread is so darn cool. Another setup for a small, lawless continent would be to have every space on it a jagd except for it's palace, where you have to fight their royalty and the elite guards. It would have to be a Human & Viera heavy continent filled with ninjas and assassins and anything else that is rather dark that you add (we all want to see a blackguard, you know). And Making the ruler of the jagd-continent an intelligent tonberry is an interesting idea. There's nothing scarier than 6 tonberries against you in a confined space, especially with one being an Uber story-character that is immune to 1-hit kills and most status effects (*shudders*). It would be a nightmare of a place to visit, but it has to be done, just for the sake of the tonberry... I love those little bastards SOOOO much. Gonna go out as one next halloween (yeah I'm 17 so what free candy is free candy). And btw man the story ideas being thrown around in here are amazing. If you were to get permission from Square to make a test-game for them it'd be so cool. Even if they don't want to waste time coming up with a huge storyline, you could probably send one to them free-of-charge and just ask to be mentioned in the credits in the special-thanks-to area, and you could always be able to look back at it and brag.
    The Jagd country is unnecessary. Laws only exist in Ivalice, so any other country would be the equivalent of Jagds automatically. So having a lawless country that is basically an ultra hard dungeon would be perfectly acceptable. And if we're organizing difficult dungeons, I've already got some neato ideas...

New Class: Dark Knights/Black Knights

Dark Knights (Human):
    Pre-req: 5 Paladin A-Abilities, 3 Black Mage A-Abilities
    These guys are basically anti-Paladins. Dumping the Paladin obsession with defending others, these guys switch out the Paladin high defense for a higher offense and magic, but leaving them very vulnerable.
    Equip: Sabers, Greatswords, Robes, Shields, Hats.
    A-Abilities: I haven't worked out the full set, but the Dark Sword (3 range, absorb HP from target), and Night Sword (3 range absorb MP from target) that were Gafgarion's abilities from the original FFT will make a comeback. I'm also playing a powerful (though heavy MP cost) attack that will calculate damage based on combined physical and magical power. These guys are going to be heavy attackers and magic users, but will be vulnerable with their lower defensive abilities.

Black Knights (Bangaa):
    Pre-req: 5 Defender A-Abilities, 3 Gladiator A-Abilities
    These guys are the Bangaa equivalent of the Dark Knights. Since they are Bangaa their A-Abilities will be more physical than magic based, but they will still suffer from a lower defense.
    Equip: Spears, Broadswords, Robes, Hats.
    A-Abilities: Not completely happy with what I have for them, so I'm still working on them.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

you make an interesting point with the no jagds needed theory, but could you not bring a judge with you to another country to preserve your wounded members until medical attention could be sought out? And beautiful work with the dark knight class. Are you a fan of FF4? Cecil could make a special guest-star as a boss in that UBER-country challenge, along with the tonberry king and something along the lines of an ultima weapon, just to pay tribute to the roots. i am just throwing ideas for neat stuff, and none of them have to be used, as they aren't original, but it's always a treat for a fan of the series to see something from another game, like Gilgamesh or Omega, or possibly (but really damn unlikely) Chaos. I have never seen him guest-star in another game.
    The Unending Swarm, Hive Fleets Behemoth, Kraken, And Leviathan, And The Countless Others Drifting In The Void Are Only The Beginning Of The End For The Imperials. Their Arrogance, Their Taint Upon The Multiverse, And The Fall Of Their False God, The Emperor, Are All Coming Far Sooner Than They Would Ever Expect. Let The Tyranids, Truly Superior Beings, Bring Their Doom. Let Them Find Their Doom In The Form Of Clawed Talons And Serrated Teeth. The Fools Shan't Be Missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Paladin View Post
    you make an interesting point with the no jagds needed theory, but could you not bring a judge with you to another country to preserve your wounded members until medical attention could be sought out? And beautiful work with the dark knight class. Are you a fan of FF4? Cecil could make a special guest-star as a boss in that UBER-country challenge, along with the tonberry king and something along the lines of an ultima weapon, just to pay tribute to the roots. i am just throwing ideas for neat stuff, and none of them have to be used, as they aren't original, but it's always a treat for a fan of the series to see something from another game, like Gilgamesh or Omega, or possibly (but really damn unlikely) Chaos. I have never seen him guest-star in another game.
    I like the idea of crossovers, since the FFT series is rife with them already. I just have to be careful not to overdo it.

As for being worried that your suggestions aren't original... This is Final Fantasy. There are plenty of things in these games that aren't original.

every fan loves crossovers, since there's always the warm fuzzy feeling inside when you recognize and old friend (or foe) and the person beside you doesn't. So limited crossovers are a go then, and for all the whiners that are angry that you couldn't have any monsters on your team in tactics advance, that is another possible action, although how would you teach them new moves? I've never seen a monster wielding a weapon... Enough thought put into that area would yield either a horrible headache or an enlightened answer, and I'm leaning towards the former rather than the latter right now. You are smart. Moving on to the topic of possible warfare between continents begs to offer the possibility of airship-to-airship battles and sea warfare... Where you could probably add in some neat terrain effects, like wind racing across the level and affecting arrows or something along those lines. Weather can always rain on your parade...

nope no monsters in the game that would make morphers and beasmasters almost useles. (dont start on me about the wondefull world of stat maxing im ignoring that now) and the only one whining about that is wining about almost everything in the game, and said pesron should not be taken serious.

I love the darknight idea its pretty cool but it needs atleast one attack that doesnt steal hp or mp and just does major damage. oh and for another jobi just thought of, their probably funny but you need an extra thing added to the game. sea battles in wich you cant walk in or on water.

pirate.

should be mostly about attack and lots of hp. I havent thought of techs yet but when ill do youll hear of it.

this job should be availbe for every race, but

every race should have his own typ of weapon.

human- sabers or short swords.
    moogles- guns
    bangaa - spears
    nu mou - (this is the only one i havent found out wich weapon (yet))
    viera- bows or rapiers

I like the pirate idea but maps where you can't go in the water=BAD
    how about they can use abilities n stuff in water 'cuase that would be cool
    It's all 'bout da El

Touché,Threeché,SPAMATION Monster Hunt's Avatar

nu mou- Maces?
    was all like to who was acctually feeling due to the fact that :oscar: & :frylock: couldn't go to his b'day party. patted him on the back and :mog: said there's always next year. felt more , felt , but :moose: (who knows when (as the person he is) he came in) was more of a . :magus: jumped in and told that no one really likes him. BROKEN ran everyone over with a :sophia:. So lived happily ever after, especially after he had with :rsl:
    The end!

66% of sig statistics are fake- and so is this one.

yeah maces are an idea but a thought entered my mind last night it would be better if the pirate jobclass lets your character use weapons his race otherwise cant like humans with rapiers, and well name em

Touché,Threeché,SPAMATION Monster Hunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tailz View Post
    character use weapons his race otherwise cant like humans with rapiers, and well name em
    er... I didn't get that bit...
    was all like to who was acctually feeling due to the fact that :oscar: & :frylock: couldn't go to his b'day party. patted him on the back and :mog: said there's always next year. felt more , felt , but :moose: (who knows when (as the person he is) he came in) was more of a . :magus: jumped in and told that no one really likes him. BROKEN ran everyone over with a :sophia:. So lived happily ever after, especially after he had with :rsl:
    The end!

66% of sig statistics are fake- and so is this one.

well normally there is no human jobclass wich can use rapiers, and so let pirates use them. for viera example the cant use swords at all so broadswords or wathever other one you want can be used by pirate viera.

hope that makes things a little clearer