Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade13 View Post
    Okay more suggestions

-Leave the Area placement, add ports that take you to new continent
    -Blockade ideas:
    -Giant Sea monster (kracken) where you are on a ship and seagulls are attaking. Kracken would be hanging over on ship and would have 0 move but would take up 5 spots.
    -Pirates! This time 2 ships with bothe batlling at the 2 cross boards
    -Broken Ship requres you to fight monsters for somne wood.

Bring in a unique class like the mime! Moogle and requires 5 BM 2 animist 1 gadgeteer and 2 gunner.

Like stated with the kraken create huge bosses that are like 4 squares huge!

New race! Giants!
    Take up like 4 squares but counts as one charecter.
    Classes would be pure melee.

Titan class (Giant)
    Wields - War hammers (2h)
    A-Crusher
    -Squash- Deals damage and may cause flatten (like toad person is a shorter accordion version)

That's all i have for now. Omega the zealot seems a little powerful as he has moves that differentiate between charchters.

Sky send them a Design Documet and maybe you can get royalty's! Just make sure you add "Members of EOFF" in the credits.
    Those suggestions are reminding me quite a bit of some previous tactical RPGs that I've played and loved. The Kraken and Giant classes seem remniscent of boss battles from that amazing SEGA Genesis classic, Shining Force II. And the Pirate battles are reminding me of Fire Emblem. Still, good suggestions, we'll just have to see how things turn out, won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegas Eyes
    Zealot

Races: Human and Bangaa
    Weapons: Greatswords, Broadswords (Bangaa), Knightswords (Humans)
    Armor: Clothing
    Helmets: Hats
    Accesories: All (nothing new there lol)
    Shields: Hells No!

A-Abilities (list not complete by far):

Sacrifice: Randomly Sacrifice 25%, 50% or 100% of your life to deal that dammage to an enemy.

Fervor: Increases attack, but lowers defence.

Zeal: Beserks self, but increases attack and defence greatly.

Cure: Duh

Cura: Duh

Faith's Shield: Greatly Increases defence and resistance for duration of battle.

Divine Anger: Massive Holy Damage.

S-Abilities:

Weapon Atk+

R-Abilities:

Bonecrusher

C-Ability:

Can't come up with a name for the combo...
    I'm restructuring this into a class that the FF world is already familiar with.

New Class: Berserker
    Race: Bangaa (I think this fits better as a Bangaa only class)
    Weapons: Broadswords, Axes
    Armor: Clothing
    Helmets: Hats
    Shields: None
    Accessories: Standard

A-Abilities:
    Keeping Fervor, Sacrifice, and Zeal.
    Berserker's Rage: Heavy damage, but causes Berserk status.
    Enraging Blow: Damages and Berserks enemy.
    Recklessness: Increases Critical hit chance, but lowers defense and evasion.

S-Ability:
    Self Control: Unit will stop being Berserked after 2 turns.

R-Ability:
    Retaliate: Counter melee attack with high chance of critical.

Combo Ability:
    Berserk Combo

This will take the place of the Black Knight Bangaa class that I had considered as the new Bangaa heavy attack class.

Black Knight will become a Moogle Class that requires Black Mage and Mog Knight abilities to learn, and is finally a melee Moogle class worth using.

New Weapon: Axes
    Axes will be able to be two handed weapons wielded by Berserkers, and probably Dark Knights. There have nice attack but lower evasion rating.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Yes as you mentioned fire emblem i must say that i would like to be sure of their is some way of protecting my charecters. For some of the other country's maybe include a spectators or a revivor who prevent you from losing dead charecters.

The kraken was reminiscent of Pirates 2!

Giant class: Boxer
    equips: Knuckles
    Armor- Light vests
    A-Boxing Tech
    R-Bonecrusher
    S-Weapon att +, Auto regen
    C-Punching combo

Move-KO - Finishing move - Chance of death rises as opponent loses health
    -Jab - Consecutive damage

Magic Giant class - Shaman
    Equips - Rods
    Armor- Robes
    A- Nature Magic
    R-Return magic
    S- Magic pow +, Half Mp
    C- Nature Combo

Ahh the geomancer. This is the only magic based Giant class. I'll begin to work on progression and other classes later. As far as ability's go the 2 moves i'm thinking of are Elemental shift and "Warp" It changes depending on the place. It always does damge but...
    Jagds:dark
    River:Water
    Mountain: Cold or fire
    Town: Non elemental
    Plains: Earth
    Forest: Wind

Thoughts? Hey sky can you send me a current design document i would love to see what you have.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

First, I world like to say that the Berserker idea for Bangaa only is good. Just one question: Would 'Berserker's Rage" make the user Berserk, or the person that was attacked?

I also like the Black Knight for moogle thing. They are in desperate need of some beefing-up. But isn't that name too cool for moogles, maybe it should be like 'Black Mog' instead? Just throwing it out there.

And Axes shouldn't be limited to two-hands. You could also have tomahawks and hatchets as well.

Now to talk about the idea of the giants as playable characters. The question of why we never saw them in the first game came to my mind, then I said "Duh! They only live in one of the other (new) countries." But that would mean you couldn't play as them in the beginning, like with Chocobos in FFT. I think that giants should be able to use both Axes and Hammers in the game(which are very similar to each other). And would they look Humanish, or more like some grey troll from Lord of the Rings?

I also thought of another class for Bangaa that is as defensive as Defender, but this defense would be used to defend others as well as himself. And instead of good Weapon Attack, this would raise his Magic Power. I haven't figured out a name for the Class yet, so if you have any ideas you should post them.

From the Fire Shield he would learn fire armor, which would make it so that whenever two people collide in battle, the one without the fire armor would take fire damage, on top of any counterattack. This would last about as long as haste or slow would, no more than five turns.

There would be various other similar techniques for this job. If you have any idea's or questions, please post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade13
    Thoughts? Hey sky can you send me a current design document i would love to see what you have.
    That'll be kinda hard. My "design document" is mostly in my head and this thread. I haven't formalized it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegas Eyes
    First, I world like to say that the Berserker idea for Bangaa only is good. Just one question: Would 'Berserker's Rage" make the user Berserk, or the person that was attacked?
    Berserker's Rage would make the user Berserk, not the target.

New Class: Arch Mage
    Race: Nu Mou
    Requirements: 5 Sage A-Abilities, 3 Black Mage A-Abilities
    Equipment:
    Weapon: Rods, Maces
    Armor: Cloth and Robes
    Headgear: Hats
    Shields: None
    Accessories: Standard

A-Ability Set: Arcane Magic
    Ultima: Heavy non-elemental AoE damage spell. Range: 5, MP: 60 (Not Ultima anything, just the original spell of total destruction).
    Pandora's Box: Heavy, non-elemental damage to a single target. Range: 5, MP: 30
    Shield: Target absorbs all elemental damage and negates physical attacks for 1 turn. Range: 5, MP: 60
    Flamethrower: Linear Fire damage. MP: 20
    Chocobuckle: Unblockable damage to one character (damage is based on number of missions completed).
    Stone: Petrifies enemy. Range: 5, MP: 20 (still low chance of hit, since it's a status spell, and Nu Mou can't learn Concentrate)

S-Ability:
    Quick Thinking: Gain 10 MP each turn instead of 5

Combo Ability:
    Arcane Combo

It's about time those old spells got tossed into the FFT mix. Oh, this is obviously a powerful magic user class. Terrible HP and Defense, but godly magic stats, and the truly awesome spells that have been in previous FF games make a comeback.

Now, I just need to get a nice new Viera class, and I can go back to plot and world planning.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 08-31-2006 at 09:57 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

well viera are already very well rounded so a new job might not be needed. nou mu moogles and bangaas werent all that well rounded so I can understand them having extra.

but viera hm let me think about it for a sec.

well you could always split the sumoners in protective and ofensive. but thats probably not what your looking for it was just an idea i had in my mind for a long time cause then you could get a few extra summons in the game without making it to hard to master a summoner job class.

race. viera
    jobclas amazon.
    weapons. spears / short swords.
    armor. armor/clothing
    need 3 fencer, 1 white mage and 2 archer tech's

stats power up
    hp: 7.5
    at. 9
    defense.6
    magic. 6.5
    magic defense. 8

jump: 4
    move: 4
    evade: 80 (with armors this is reduced to 50. )

A-abilties.

storm: attack hits front back and side.
    river flow. this attack is basicly the same as earth render but a little more eye candy.
    ritual of the dead: this alows the amazon to get hp from corpses.
    lightning strike: attack stops effect of r abilty.
    muting darknes: cast silence and blind on 1 character.

I'll think of some more attacks later.

R-ability: counter/last quicken

s-ability: auto regen/shielbearer.

combo: jab combo

give it some thought will ya took me long enough to think of it

and viera needs some more melee fighter.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Quote Originally Posted by tailz View Post
    well viera are already very well rounded so a new job might not be needed. nou mu moogles and bangaas werent all that well rounded so I can understand them having extra.

but viera hm let me think about it for a sec.

well you could always split the sumoners in protective and ofensive. but thats probably not what your looking for it was just an idea i had in my mind for a long time cause then you could get a few extra summons in the game without making it to hard to master a summoner job class.

race. viera
    jobclas amazon You meen Amozonian
    weapons. spears / short swords.
    armor. armor/clothing Go with vests
    need 3 fencer, 1 white mage and 2 archer tech's I wouldnt do archer

stats power up
    hp: 7.5
    at. 9
    defense.6
    magic. 6.5
    magic defense. 8 Nice

jump: 4
    move: 4
    evade: 80 (with armors this is reduced to 50. ) Way too large go for like 3, 3 and 50

A-abilties.

storm: attack hits front back and side.
    river flow. this attack is basicly the same as earth render but a little more eye candy.
    ritual of the dead: this alows the amazon to get hp from corpses. So is corpse intact and is effect based on # of corpses
    lightning strike: attack stops effect of r abilty.
    muting darknes: cast silence and blind on 1 character.

I'll think of some more attacks later.

R-ability: counter/last quicken

s-ability: auto regen/shielbearer.

combo: jab combo

give it some thought will ya took me long enough to think of it :D

and viera needs some more melee fighter.
    Sky what is diff between Pandora box and Ultima? Oh and maybe you should start working on a DD just a little at a time though

I like the giant idea. I will make a Giant country next. While there you will have a chance of getting a Giant and on the first arrival (obtained on a story quest) you will then be told bout how this will work.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

the idea of the large evade is because they have a bad defense.

im not going to type anymore for now caus im drunk as hell.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade13 View Post
    Sky what is diff between Pandora box and Ultima? Oh and maybe you should start working on a DD just a little at a time though.
    Pandora's Box is a single target attack, Ultima is AoE.

Okay there are some pretty cool ideas here. I just thought I might add in an idea I had.

Okay so in FFTA your characters are healed after every battle and before the next battle you choose who you want to fight with you.

I thought about a small part in the game where you had to split your team in two groups of 6. Then one group would fight one boss while the other group would fight a different boss. This would make it more difficult because then you wouldn't just be able to make 6 characters incredibly powerful and just breeze through the game. It would make it so you had to pay a little bit of attention to all the characters.

This might be a rubbish idea but I thought it would be quite good.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

youve given me an idea. what if some story missions were directly after one another and dont give you time to heal so your characters still have the same MP and HP as when they left the previous battle.

that might be hard though. youd probably have to make the battles a little bit easier or make the second battle some sort of survive for 5 turns or something.

theres an idea. make something like the llednar mission on FFTA where you have to survive until cid comes. make it so your greatly out numbered and its impossible to win and you have to survive for a certain amount of time. to make it impossible to win, you could do something like every turn another troop appears to fight you. and to stop cheap strategies (like using haste and quick on marche to make the battle end faster.) make the turn's needed to win based on the amount of turns enemies have taken or something like this.

i like the idea of giants.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I just found this thread yesterday...and i have to say im impressed. this is alot more serious than i would expect, usually people just say there should be one. your taking that one step further.

as for ideas for the sequel i have 2

first is a plot one. as you continue the story, it would be a cool idea to add a second group to the story. like there would be the evil guys, the good guys, and a....um a other group. for example you might finish a story mission with marche but afterwards you would switch to another story team as they did a mission or 2. like the plot of these 2 teams would be very seperate, but as time passes the plots will slowly combine till you would have to fight the group themselves as marche,
    i know it sounds a bit weird but i think it would be a nice touch to thicken the plot.

as for the second thing is a class idea(i got it from WoW)

magic class: druid

the druid would be like a jack of all trades....but lacking to be decated in any way, they would have average melee skill, they could use healing and damaging spells(while spells arent even close to as good as
    BM or WM) maybe a monter transformation thing

its a stretch but i think it would be a fun class to use

till you next update....keep up the good work man
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Phantom View Post
    I just found this thread yesterday...and i have to say im impressed. this is alot more serious than i would expect, usually people just say there should be one. your taking that one step further.

as for ideas for the sequel i have 2

first is a plot one. as you continue the story, it would be a cool idea to add a second group to the story. like there would be the evil guys, the good guys, and a....um a other group. for example you might finish a story mission with marche but afterwards you would switch to another story team as they did a mission or 2. like the plot of these 2 teams would be very seperate, but as time passes the plots will slowly combine till you would have to fight the group themselves as marche,
    i know it sounds a bit weird but i think it would be a nice touch to thicken the plot.

as for the second thing is a class idea(i got it from WoW)

magic class: druid

the druid would be like a jack of all trades....but lacking to be decated in any way, they would have average melee skill, they could use healing and damaging spells(while spells arent even close to as good as
    BM or WM) maybe a monter transformation thing

its a stretch but i think it would be a fun class to use

till you next update....keep up the good work man
    Saying "someone should do something" is useless unless you follow it up with "and that someone is me". Random complaining is useless. Positive action is required to get anything done.

An interesting idea there. There are several points in the plot that I could institute such an idea. The easiest way would be to have them as one of the invading forces.

As for the druid, it's an interesting idea, but each unit has far less abilities in FFTA than they do in WoW. It could be difficult to pull off. And monster transformation is not availible. That's going to stay the provence of Morphers.

PS: You have an evil sig. You shouldn't even consider harming kitty cats. Besides, if you killed a kitty every time someone did something stupid, there would be none left.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i like that sig. and its a lesson to idiots all over the world!

back on topic.

i think by "main group (you.)", "evil group (the villains)" and "other group" that could be something similar to clan ritz in FFTA.

FFTA already has classes that cover nearly everything so maybe you could consider removing some of the classes and replacing them with something else. or something like that. and i tihnk there should be more unique bosses because in FFTA a lot of bosses were just normal enemies with higher HP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Originally Posted by boys from a dwarf
    i think by "main group (you.)", "evil group (the villains)" and
    "other group" that could be something similar to clan ritz in FFTA.
    yeah i would be like them...except you could actually control them. instead of just seeing them engage in some dialoge after a major story event...i was thinking that you really control them just like you control marche for a short period of time(maybe 1 or 2 missions)

Originally Posted by boys from a dwarf
    i like that sig. and its a lesson to idiots all over the world!
    thanks for the complement to my sig

till next update cya
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

oh yeah i forgot.....ANOTHER CLASS IDEA
    (and yeah its another one i got from WoW)

magic class:blood mage(warlock from WoW)

though like a black mage...the blood mage would have all his attack be AoE(weaker yet hits multiple targets)

basic spell style

+ (i couldnt get the post thing to show it how i wanted)

blood mage style

1=aoe effect
    2=target

keep in mind that this would make it harder to hit without hitting your
    own team mates...but i would be interesting to use them..hehe

1 more thing...blood mages would have the ability to hit all enemies on the field with slight damage...not much but this could open the ability of status effects but ill leave that on you

finally their real forte would be the ability to make a slight auto life
    that would rez the blood mage with 50% hp and mp....(maybe 25% if you think it would even the ability out more) and they would only be able to use it once per battle

well till next update.....again