Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

First, learn to use the edit button.

Second, this is not WoW, and there a strategy RPG has some very different elements when compared to an MMORPG. Most of the classes don't work the same way at all, and the game mechanics and style are completely different. This is not WoW, and it will not become WoW.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

New ability

S- Double Jeopardy - Available to Gageteers - After flipping a coin you would have the option to re-roll

I'm tired of mages whacking people with a pathetic "thud". I propose that all Rods and staff now have a range of 3 and their fight move is affected by their magic pow. The attack will bassically be like a gunner exept now the projectile is a ball of glowing light.

The split plot sounds cool. I would love having Marche and Ritz split up and having you have to go through different missions. But Marche would still be the main man.

Yeah one more Giant class!

Viking
    Req. Boxer 1, Titan 2
    Equ. Battle axe
    Armor - Plate

A- Pilage tech.
    R- Auto-regen, Auto- Berserk
    S- Wepon pow+, Bonecrusher
    C- Viking Combo

Move-Wolfbane -Berserk and Haste (I know i need new R)
    -Fury - Lowers Def, raises Pow
    -Slam- Knockback
    -Valhalla spin- Massive Dammage to nearby foes and instantKO to user.

Giant Country- Here's where things get cool. Everything is giant! When fighting in a forest Bugs are as big as a Dog! When in a plain the grass is so high you have lower accuracy unless you use a move to attack he grass (hp 10). Most Terrain is Plains, Mountains, and rivers. The giant king (who you will fight) is a Titan/Shamen.

Oh and the shamen has a new move!

-Iron Man - Raises Def hugely but lowers movement, jump, and Res.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Originally Posted by Skyblade
    First, learn to use the edit button
    yeah...hehe im new to this and forgot about edit

Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Second, this is not WoW, and there a strategy RPG has some very different elements when compared to an MMORPG. Most of the classes don't work the same way at all, and the game mechanics and style are completely different. This is not WoW, and it will not become WoW.
    clam down....im not trying to make this wow....i just used what i saw to make an idea into a game.....i just used a game i played into a way to make a cool class in a game...i didnt mean to offend...i just want to help

i will try to think of a more...origanal class idea..srry i got on your nerves

till next update cya
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Default Souls

I've been thinking about morphers and their weapon (souls).

I think there should be a class that also uses souls, but instead of becoming a monster, you can summon that monster onto the field of battle for a turn or two. And only one monster per summoner at any given time.

If the monster is killed, it disappears. If the summoner is killed, the monster also disappears. And the monster is 2-5 levels (you decide) lower than the summoner.

I don't know what race could use this job, I think Viera and/or Nu Mou

I know there might be problems with this class, ecspecially since the class name 'Summoner' is already taken. If you have any ideas, don't be afraid to scream them out, within reason, of course.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

it could be called caller or pictomancer (it draws the monster.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I like the name pictomancer that sounds cool. And I like the idea of them drawing the monster.

Wasn't that in like FF...5? srry its just a guess. Sounds cool! I say we give it to the giants! (lol jj) The Moogle should get it since i can jiust see a Moogle saying Kupo and drawing. Req. 3 animist, 1 BM

Their A is Draw which draws a monster 5 lvl's lower (lvl 1 min) and the monster would have ability's acording to it's lvl. At lvl 30 they become the upgraded version (i.e. Goblin to Red Cap). Drawn monsters can't have auto-life cast on them and they have the normal resistences. Element's are random (Fire flan, Thundrake's). Any comments on the Giant race so far?
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

I like the giant race. I could imagine using a boxer and punching a unit that is like loads smaller then me.

ive been off for awhile but i guess its time for me to try to make another job idea

NEW JOB IDEA (and to Skyblade its not from wow)

melee class: Soul Magi (weird name i know)

class:human, Nu Mou, maybe Viera

armor:some kind of leather

weapon: sithe (fogot how to spell it)

dont have job requirements yet

A ability : soul tech
    A ability : item
    R ability : mana claw
    S ability : none
    Combo : soul combo

Soul Tech:
    Damnation strike : hits target(s) and has a slight chance to inflict 3 turn death apon a target

Deep Strike : hits target(s) and has a slight chance to inflict bleeding*

Bash Strike : hits target(s) and has a slight chance to inflict knock down*

Mana Claw: when attacked by any attack (magic or physical) he has a 50% chance to steal 30 mp from target and give it to the soul magi, every time the mana claw is succesful, the % of success permently decreases by 10%. this attack ignores range or position

Rolling Crush: soul magi moves 5 tiles ahead hitting all targets in way with slight melee damage, soul magi ends move 6 tiles from where he began
    ^visual example^
    *3*
    *1*1=targeted area
    *1*2=soul magi's ending point
    *1*3=soul magi's starting point
    *1*
    *1*
    *2*

the soul magi is a stats effect melee caster who can deal some good damage but lacks good armor (which means hes dead meat to strong melee targets like pallies)

also since the soul magi has a giant sithe ive thought of a new attack style for him(its simular to the breath attacks dragons and glads have)

111*1=targeted area
    *2**2= soul magi

*bleeding and knock down are 2 new ideas for status effects

Bleeding: when the target is affect by bleeding they will take a small heath decay each turn (like poison) bleeding can not be cured by esuna, bleeding can only be restored by bandade.

knock down: knock down causes the target to fall down being unable to move or preform actions for 1 turn, target can not be attacked while knock downed

1 more idea to add is a few ideas for different kinds of battle

defend: you must defend a specific point from enemies for soo many turns (its like survival but you cant spend the entire battle runing in circles)

exploration: you must get a major character (like marche) to a point in the battle field (details on this mode are a bit foggy for me but i might make some new additons later)

well i guess thats all from me for today.....till next update cya
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Bleeding sounds too much like poison. And knock down wouldn't be good if you could not attack them.

Originally Posted by f f freak
    Bleeding sounds too much like poison. And knock down wouldn't be good if you could not attack them.
    i was just trying to think of some new status effects, i see what you mean about bleeding, but knock down could have its own specal abillities, i dont see it as a basic stun, i see it more as a effective CC move

i will keep thinking of new status effects or stuff like that

till next update cya

I do like the idea however I believe if you want to truly bring back the darker side of FFT they should bring back Llednar Twen and give him a more fearsome appearence but still with the inocent look; kinda like Kujo from FFIX however he should become a playable; as for the main character you should be able to customize appearences and such; however I for one enjoyed FFTA very much and would love to see a FFTDS with a thicker plot; and the return of some old friends and foes; and of course they must keep all the races and make more classes to spread out; also I think they should stop letting people get ubers; every clan should be unique; maybe pick to be Llednar; Marche; Ritz; Mewt or from a variety of other characters (Nono; Montblanc ect.) and give the person your own name and as the game developes the avatar changes based on how you choose to go thru the story; kinda like fable except not so drastic; as well as dialog should change with style; along with that there is the matter of expansion packs in the form of GBA cartrages as well as being able to upload your units (not including ubers) but also making an unlockable sub-story and the ability to use Cid or something like that; I agree a darker plot is in order however what is needed is more depth and variety so that PVP is where its really at after the story is completed so the chances of having the same finished main character are few and then with all the options no 2 clans are the same unless they follow pure themes (theif clans for example); this would also eliminate the use of ubers wich could make battles much more interesting; the last thing I would want is to revoke the random name generator (I didn't abreviate do to confusion with random number generator); I liked naming my units in the original FFT

Originally Posted by wynzerman
    I do like the idea however I believe if you want to truly bring back the darker side of FFT they should bring back Llednar Twen and give him a more fearsome appearence but still with the inocent look; kinda like Kujo from FFIX however he should become a playable; as for the main character you should be able to customize appearences and such; however I for one enjoyed FFTA very much and would love to see a FFTDS with a thicker plot; and the return of some old friends and foes; and of course they must keep all the races and make more classes to spread out; also I think they should stop letting people get ubers; every clan should be unique; maybe pick to be Llednar; Marche; Ritz; Mewt or from a variety of other characters (Nono; Montblanc ect.) and give the person your own name and as the game developes the avatar changes based on how you choose to go thru the story; kinda like fable except not so drastic; as well as dialog should change with style; along with that there is the matter of expansion packs in the form of GBA cartrages as well as being able to upload your units (not including ubers) but also making an unlockable sub-story and the ability to use Cid or something like that; I agree a darker plot is in order however what is needed is more depth and variety so that PVP is where its really at after the story is completed so the chances of having the same finished main character are few and then with all the options no 2 clans are the same unless they follow pure themes (theif clans for example); this would also eliminate the use of ubers wich could make battles much more interesting; the last thing I would want is to revoke the random name generator (I didn't abreviate do to confusion with random number generator); I liked naming my units in the original FFT
    all good points wynzerman, darker plots always make these types of games give more of a hook. as with the urbers,i feel your pain, i hate games that allow you to make super units. 1 more thing i like the sub-story, no game should be complete without a sub-story(except for crappy fighters)

well till next update cya

The "uber character" point is completely invalid. You were saying that we shouldn't get Ritz, Montblanc, Shara, etc, because they are too powerful, which is ridiculous, because none of the hidden characters are any better than any other member of your team. In fact, they can often turn out worse, due to an inability to have as much customizibility options in your training of them. Montblanc starts off as a Black Mage, which, while it has nice starting MP, has terrible speed. Ritz starts out as a Fencer, which is hardly the best Viera class, and her stats will be pathetic when compared to those of a pure Assassin. And the 3 unique Jobclass characters have few useful abilities, and are stuck with those abilities permanently.

Moving on, I don't see much of a reason to include more status effects. We have a fairly wide range to choose from as it is, and the new ones would have to serve a purpose that the current ones do not cover. Bleeding is essentially the same as poison, so it should be discounted. Knockdown is an idea worth at least some consideration, though. But you seem to have missed the true utilization of it, though, which is it's use as a defensive ability. Taking a character out of combat for a turn would give you an extra turn to have a healer save that unit, or force your enemies to focus on a more powerful character who can take the blow better. Certainly something to think about.

As far as super-units in general go, I don't mind them at all. This game, like most tactical RPGs, is all about making the most of your units. While FFTA certainly has potential for super units, there is a lot required to make them. I think that ultra-powered units are perfectly balanced in FFTA. They are difficult enough that simply levelling a unit to 50 won't make them unstoppable, but not so painful that you can spend forever working on them and still not get any reward from your actions, the way most MMORPGs work (and which is my biggest gripe with WoW). They require skill and persistence, not luck, which is the way I think they should work. And, since this game is single player, you don't have to worry about coming up against other players with super characters. If you don't like super characters, you don't have to have anything to do with them. If you do like them, you can create them and use them.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

hello party people i have a new class idea and a change to my knockdown idea

New job idea:

magic class:Necromancer

race:humans,Mu Mou, maybe viera

weapon:rod/staff

armor:robes

job requirements: 5 black mage, 5 soul magi

A ability:Necro magic
    A ability:item
    R ability:none
    S ability:unholy power
    combo:necro blast

Necro magic:
    Poison Siphon: drains a small amount of HP from a target, giving it to the necromancer. also has a chance to poison the target.
    Summon Skeleton: Summons 1 skeleton to the field, the skeleton will last up to 3 turns and dies in 1 hit. Requires at least 1 KOed unit to activate this spell
    Skeleton Ritual: destroys 1 skeleton on the field to restore 50 HP and 20 MP to the necromancer
    Unholy Power: increases HP and MP by 1% for each KOed unit on the field
    Necro Blast: combo attack that does damage equal to the number of JP points the necromancer has multiplyed by the number of KOed units.

my new idea for knockdown

Knockdown: knocks target down causing target to be unable to preform action for up to 3 turns, if target is attack the attacker's damage is increased by 50%

till next update...cya