Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

Well then, by popular demand, I will continue this. Christmas will interfere some, but expect me to put something up about two days later. Kanno has some nice character ideas, and I'm working them into a plot. Won't be done by then, but the story will have some more direction.

But please, no more classes.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Excellent!!!

If you need help with anything, feel free to ask. We're all here for you Sky, and thanks to everyone who likes my character ideas. I really appreciate the compliments.

Can't wait to hear what Sky has written...

Alright.

I'm sure we can all understand about Christmas interfering. I probably won't even come online tomorrow and Christmas Day.

And I'm sorry, I thought we would still be ab;e to submit ideas until you could get it all together. ^_^;
    *My Random Sig of the Week*

SPELL OF THE MONTH:
    Bleed! (FFXII)

there is nothing wrong with ideas, but whe already had two pages full of class ideas, so its a little too much (yeah i know im also guitly) oh and sky i have a great character ready one wich you could use on both sides, ill type it out for you and post it ones its ready
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know I said I wasn't going to do this...

Ban'De
    Race: Bangaa
    A "Merchant of Death" who travels by airship throughout the known kingdoms. He's an easy-going, charismatic, and greedy merchant. Once an average shopkeeper from Goltana. Taxes and beauracracy crippled his buisness and he was forced into the life of a bandit. He grew tired of pilfering petty jewels and gil and soon began to take weapons and armor which he sold to needy soldiers and resistance fighters from neighboring towns and kingdoms. Many of his fellow bandits took notice and decided to change the buisness a bit, in order tomake more wealth by selling blackmarket weapons and goods. Ban'De became head of the group due to his previous life as a merchant. His charm and level headed buisness skills turned their small operation into a major buisness.

Ban'De's dealing with Ivalice made him well aware of the "laws" and his buisness was never very strong in it's borders. He had a chance encounter with Ezel and the two discussed their disgust of the Judges and Laws. They quickly became friends shortly after, and the two have helped and saved each other many times over the years. Ban'De heard about Ezel trying to find a way to beat the laws. Ban'De always encouraged him and told him if he can find a way to do it, they can start a new buisness together. Ezel disappeared shortly after, from the criminal underworld. Ban'De continued to do buisness, though he wondered from time to time about what had become of his friend.

Years later, Ban'De recieved a shipment of "highly questionable goods." It had caused him money and good manpower to reciecve it from Ivalice but he found himslef with a stockpile of antilaw cards. Ban'De immediately knew his friend Ezel had to be behind it. Better yet. He heard about the coming invasion of Ivalice from foreign powers who had also acquired antilaw cards. He knew if he could get a hold of Ezel, he could have a monopoly on the market and become even more filthy rich...

Ban'De is not exactly a "good guy". He's not the type to dirty his hands though (that's what henchmen and mercenaries are for ). He treats everything like a buisness deal and is more likely to try and buy people rather than force them into looking at things his way. His henchman are another story but he tends to keep them in line. He travels the known world on his airship "Beatrix" selling his rare goods and antilaw cards. Sometimes he's an enemy to Marche sometimes he helps them out. He want Ezel to join him though, which causes a lot of situations as the story goes by.

There is no point in trying to convince him to do what's right, everything is buisness to him and only money talks to him. Lately, he starts to think about retiring from the buisness though. A few too many close calls, and his obscene wealth; has made him think about finding a cozy little island to retreat and live the high life in retirement. This greatly disturbs his henchmen who feel generally lost without him. Yet, even they feel "The Boss" has earned some
    R & R. He tends to snap his fingers when he tries to get his men to shut up and listen...

Hope you all like him. Also, any artist here? I would love to see someone draw some sketches of the characters. I never gave descriptions of them so you should have a lot of freedom in how they are designed. I would also love to see some idea's of the job class designs. Just a suggestion... I have a Judge character idea I want to pitch but he/she nedds more work. Later

Meh. My plot update got sidetracked into a different issue: Namely, I've been working up the military organization of Goltana. While trying to figure out how to fit Wolf's characters (specifically, Maria Luvien, her general from Goltana), I realized I had a little problem with the idea. As a general, Maria would be one of the highest ranking officials in Goltana's army. As such, she would be a major influence on the rest of Goltana's forces, and I would have to figure out how to work that into a plot. So, first, I had to figure out where in the Goltana military hierarchy Maria would be. From there, I had to figure out what the possible endings for her story would be. Her defection is a distinct possibility, as is her death at the hands of Marche and company. I did not fully decide what the end result would be (I figured I would let Kanno have a say before I killed off her characters ), but I figured I would work up what the different possibilities would be and wait for Wolf's decision.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How do you want to go about killing her? I don't really mind as long as it helps the story Defection is also a good idea if you want her to be a secret character.

Quick question, may I pitch my Judge character idea since you seem to be finalizing the story? I doubt he'll make it since the story gives me the impression that the judges will be playing a larger role. All you need to know is that I don't intend for him to be a major character. More of a casual aquaintence.

The story will be fine either way. We can get a new character, or we can have a noble death. From the way you described her, both options seem to be possible. I really like her motivating features, since she seems to have no sense of either duty or honor, but instead is driven by her desire for glory and the conflicting desire for personal freedom. Both are self-centered motivations (and, BTW, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, as characters with such motivations can be extremely fun), and as such either one could wind up driving her actions. I can write the script either way, so I was going to leave the choice to you.

As for your judge character, present it, but I can't give you any guarantees. While I like the idea of recurring NCPs who never join the team but just pop in on an acquaintance level (like Boken from Shining Force). But you're right, I'm not sure that would work with the new, more involved version of the judges. So, supply your views on the character, and I'll look over it, but that one might not make it in.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll send out the ideas for the judge later when it's worked out. As for Maria Luvian, you could do both... Fix the final encounter so she can actually die in the battle. Perhaps a timed fight, where you have to go so many rounds for back up or something.

EDIT: Screw it, I can't work out the judge until I see what you intend to do with the judges in the story. So I may as well not bother unless I get a stroke of genius at some time.

Ok, i've followed this project for a while. I have some ideas as to weapons.

Glave
    Description: Greatsword favoured by barbarian tribes (for my own pleasure, glave comes from the same word as "claymore". Weapons with celtic names are a staple of FFs.)
    Atk. 80
    Def. 0
    Mpwr 0
    Mres 10 (due to spells laid on it)
    Spd -5 (i've lifted a RL glave)
    Eva -10

Fire Ax
    Description: Ax used in emergencies.
    Atk. 23
    Def. 0
    Mpwr. 0
    Mres. 0
    Spd. 0
    Eva. -2

Labrys
    Desc: An axe used to slay a god
    Atk. 60
    Def. 0
    Mpwr. 0
    Mres. 20
    Spd. -2
    Eva. -10

Masakari
    Desc. Axe used by monks in a mysterious land.
    Atk. 40
    Def. 5
    Mpwr. 0
    Mres. 0
    Spd. 0
    Eva. -5

Also
    Mameluke
    Desc. Ceremonial sword (for use by blue mages)
    Atk. 70
    Def. 0
    Mpwr. 0
    Mres. 0
    Spd. 2
    Eva. 0

Those ok?
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

This may be a silly idea, but it's been bounching around in my head for a while (since I've been playing the GBA versions of a lot of the older FFs), but I'll mention it anyway: What about the crystals? Originally it seems they were simply to hold Ivalice together, the threads of desire. Yet the people of Ivalice believed them to have been constructed by the palace inside the seams, and that their magic was beneficial to Ivalice. Could there have been another purpose to their existence?

Anyway, plot's coming along fairly nicely, but with Burning Crusade just out, it might take me a little while to get a good update. Sorry.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No worries, I know all too well the evils of addictions to online gaming (I lost alot of friends to WoW )

As for the crystals... I'll see if I can come up with something. I may need to read your theory of Ivalice again (don't worry, I know where to find it) I may have to start a new game of FFTA, so I can remember everything about how they did the crystals... Though I was wondering if foreign powers would have their own Totema and this may be the answer I'm looking for.

Would you go for a new function for crystals, or an original function, not before seen in FF? It is possible that the collective belief of the crystals being made by the palace could be simply an inbuilt function. If you expand the extent of the Ivalice world, then why not extend the exsistence of crystals? They would possibly be required to hold the other nations. Or, make crystals the source of some power (corny, yes) that gives Ivalice an advantage. Maybe protection against its neighbours? The people knew crystals were vital to Ivalices protection, as shown when Cid mentions that the people will not object to stronger laws if they know the crystals have been assualted. Its up to you. But please dont choose some ultra corny, seen-it-a-dozen-times-before reason.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, in FFTA, they were believed to be what held the world together but that proved false. On the other hand, Ivalice in FFTA is all about the power of belief from Marche and co. So wouldn't the crystals power be based on what Marche and the others believe them to be? Perhaps the crystals could also pertain to the powers of the laws and the judges? Maybe the palace created them as a way to amplify the power of the "Laws". Just some senseless musings...

If the crystals are simply what they are believed to be, then they might have aspects of what Ivalice expects them to be, ie. beneficial.