Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

Interesting Idea. Glad I helped that one pop up, Since it's actually a really cool job idea. And why no monsters? Capturing them was not cool, since there was a point where it became impossible to get them all after a certain mission, but if that little error is fixed, then it would be a great idea to have them.

I know this little idea is gonna be pushing it a little, but how about LESS AUTO-KILL MOVES. We all love the assassin, and roulette is great fun, but anything more than those will be painfully aggravating. Roulette already pisses me off alot since it never hits my blue mage (lol), but it's a fun move.

We also need a few more cross-race jobs, since I can't understand why a viera can be a red mage, whereas a nu-mou, whose blood is liquid-magic, can't become one. Blue mages are the ultimate human job, and as such no race can have that job but them, and I would argue that to the death. A Viera should be able to become a hunter, considering their skill with bows, and a human should have access to the fencer job, just because humans can do almost anything. A Bangaa should be able to become a paladin, since they can already become Bishops and Templar, so there's no arguement against their spirituality. And Moogles... Hell, they're good as they are. Maybe give them the hunter job-class, but with guns instead. That will make em' happy.

And Finally, a new Job Class:

Zealot

Races: Human and Bangaa
    Weapons: Greatswords, Broadswords (Bangaa), Knightswords (Humans)
    Armor: Clothing
    Helmets: Hats
    Accesories: All (nothing new there lol)
    Shields: Hells No!

A-Abilities (list not complete by far):

Sacrifice: Randomly Sacrifice 25%, 50% or 100% of your life to deal that dammage to an enemy.

Fervor: Increases attack, but lowers defence.

Zeal: Beserks self, but increases attack and defence greatly.

Cure: Duh

Cura: Duh

Faith's Shield: Greatly Increases defence and resistance for duration of battle.

Divine Anger: Massive Holy Damage.

S-Abilities:

Weapon Atk+

R-Abilities:

Bonecrusher

C-Ability:

Can't come up with a name for the combo...

What do you guys think so far?
    The Unending Swarm, Hive Fleets Behemoth, Kraken, And Leviathan, And The Countless Others Drifting In The Void Are Only The Beginning Of The End For The Imperials. Their Arrogance, Their Taint Upon The Multiverse, And The Fall Of Their False God, The Emperor, Are All Coming Far Sooner Than They Would Ever Expect. Let The Tyranids, Truly Superior Beings, Bring Their Doom. Let Them Find Their Doom In The Form Of Clawed Talons And Serrated Teeth. The Fools Shan't Be Missed.

Which FF Character Are You?

Touché,Threeché,SPAMATION Monster Hunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tailz View Post
    well normally there is no human jobclass wich can use rapiers, and so let pirates use them. for viera example the cant use swords at all so broadswords or wathever other one you want can be used by pirate viera.

hope that makes things a little clearer
    Oh, now I get it- thanks

That's a pretty interesting idea... in my head when you said Pirate class I imagined a blue mage with an eyepatch on, using 'double sword' for his sabres and such...
    was all like to who was acctually feeling due to the fact that :oscar: & :frylock: couldn't go to his b'day party. patted him on the back and :mog: said there's always next year. felt more , felt , but :moose: (who knows when (as the person he is) he came in) was more of a . :magus: jumped in and told that no one really likes him. BROKEN ran everyone over with a :sophia:. So lived happily ever after, especially after he had with :rsl:
    The end!

66% of sig statistics are fake- and so is this one.

Human assasins would be cool...
    It's all 'bout da El

In FFTA there was a sidequest that got you Cloud. I think something along those lines with maybe Tidus or something would be nice. Exept this time he could be made useful. Just a thought at least.

And also I dont know if its been mentioned, but what about airships and a possible pilot class. I know they werent in the first one, but they could have been developed within the timeframe.

Anywho thats just my two cents.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Currently Playing: FFXIII Stunt's Avatar

A sequel would be great, I still haven't finished FFTA, because I just found it after searching so long, and decided to start a new game. Thats how great it is.

STUNT

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kawakami Gensai View Post
    In FFTA there was a sidequest that got you Cloud. I think something along those lines with maybe Tidus or something would be nice. Exept this time he could be made useful. Just a thought at least.

And also I dont know if its been mentioned, but what about airships and a possible pilot class. I know they werent in the first one, but they could have been developed within the timeframe.

Anywho thats just my two cents.
    you can get cloud in FFT but you cant get him in FFTA. im not sure if a character from another FF would be a good for a sequel. it may or may not work. youd have to think hard about which characters would suit the game and which characters wouldnt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

And it has to ad to the story instead of taking away from it.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

true. you cant just say. "wooo! its tidus. he'll help us fight evil lol!!!!1!!!11!!!one1!!!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Hey, I have alot to say, but it's worth reading. First, I thought of a job that Moogles, Vieras and Nu Mou could become: Grey Mage (or Merger, if you like that name more)

Requirements- (A-Abilities)
    Moogle and Nu Mou- 6 Black Mage , 4 Time Mage
    Viera- 6 Red Mage, 4 White Mage

They attack just like Black Mages, causing distanced Area Damage and/or healing HP, but their moves require alot of Mp (More than Illusionist, but not like Ultima). And they would probably equip stave's.

A-Abilities
    Thoa- Poisons enemies in area, regen on Ally's in Area
    Thora- Dooms enemies in area, auto-life on Ally's in Area
    Thoaga- Cast Death on enemies, Cast Life on KOed Ally's
    Darkest Light- Cause Dark Damage on enemy, Holy aura heals Ally's
    Futile- Cast Slow on Enemies in area, Cast Haste on Allies in area
    Hopeless- Stop Enemies in area, Choose one Ally (if any) in area (Besides yourself) and cast quicken on them
    Scare- Raise attack and Magic power for a turn for ally's, opposite for enemies
    Commit- Raise Defense and Resistence for a turn for ally's, opposite for enemies
    Transfer- Trade status changes between an ally and an enemy (only works if enemy and said Ally are within range of each other)

R-Ability
    Last Laugh- When Severly wounded you switch your Hp/MP with the attackers Hp/Mp

S-Ability
    Haunted Aura- Enemies choise to attack other people more, instead of you (This doesn't mean that they won't attack you, it just drops the probability by about 10-20%)

C-Ability
    Grey (Merging) Combo

As you can see, the same spells that would destroy enemies can revive Ally's, very useful if you are going to be fighting in lawless countries alot. These spells would take between 35 and 55 MP, depending on the advanceness of the spell. Grey Mages grow in MP, Magic Resistence and Magic Power rather fast, but everything else suffers because of that.

I also think that there should be a Super-Class for each race, one that you can only get after completing 4 to 6 regular classes (with the little star above in the job change area). That would be the job that has pre-perfected moves such as Ultima, Omega, Chaos, Gods Breath and maybe Still and Azoth, for good measure. Pretty much this job is similar to a totema, but a tiny bit more down to earth because of the difficulty of aquireing it. I also thought of the best Support Ability for the Human and Bangaa Super-Classes. Let me introduce you to the two-by-two, which is pretty much doing Double Swords and Monkey Grip at the same time. Think of carrying around two Estreledges, leaving confusion and destruction in your wake with Chaos, and seeing the body count rise with every swing of your sword(s). It brings a tear to my eye.

On another note, I enjoy the idea of Airships and Moogle Pilots and/or Enginners. I would like to introduce to you the new armor for these two would-be classes: jet-packs. Not only does it double your jump and +1 your movement, but it works as armor! Woo-Hoo! I still haven't worked out any abilities for these would/could-be classes, but they would probably use Guns, Knuckles and Tools (Hammers, Drills, Saws, and Welding Torches, of course). The idea of airships and jetpacks lead me to something else.

This is just a poll. Who would like this game to be for the DS instead of the GBA? I know it would take away some of the comforts of the GBA, but think of all the new features the DS would make available. Touch the location you want to go to, in or out of battle, then your there. You can have the persons stats appear on the second screen when you place your cruiser over it. You could draw spells to appear in certain shapes, vastly expanding game play options. And lets not forget the duel battles. Half your clan is managing the airship above while the other half is below, gathering supplies, when suddenly you are attacked by a rival clan from both land and air. Gadgeteers, Pilots and/or Engineers can walk up to one of the cannons on your ship and fire either directly at the enemy ship, or at the people on the ship. The jetpackers would be able to ascend and rise between the two stages as well, shifting the tide of battle. The ship could also have it's own shop in Baguba Port, where you can buy better cannons, armor or engine parts, which affects how you battle (Duh). This battle type is also possible when your team splits up to search some ancient ruins or is in a house with two stories. Or you can choose to save money and not get a DS just to get this game (That's assuming that you don't already have one).

I have some more ideas, but I'm to tired to think clearly. Now I'm off to watch American Choppers. I would love to hear your opinions on my opinions and ideas. If you can think of any good techniques for Pilots and/or Enginners, please mention them. Oh, and sky... that background for the sequel is a work of art.

nope no ds for me. I dont have it

on the other hand my gba broke down a month ago so that would help.

and about the grey mage.

i like the idea.

but its probably to powerful, i mean attack and defense in one trun is pretty powerfull you know.

Currently Playing: FFXIII Stunt's Avatar

Yeah, the sequel should be made for the DS and have a sidequest were you get either Cloud, Leon, Tidus or. . . .. Sora (hahahaha). That would be cool.

STUNT

Quote Originally Posted by tailz View Post
    nope no ds for me. I dont have it

on the other hand my gba broke down a month ago so that would help.

and about the grey mage.

i like the idea.

but its probably to powerful, i mean attack and defense in one trun is pretty powerfull you know.
    Yeah, I know it would be really powerful, but I think that it would be appropriate with all the Mp you use in one attack, combined with all the new enemies that would probably either carry items that stop such status effects and/or would be smart and cast auto-life on themselves before they do die. Then you can look at it the other way and say "Hey, what's stopping the bad guys from becoming Grey Mages?"

I myself don't really care if it's on the DS or the GBA, I just thought it would be a nice thing to discuss.

And Sky, I agree with your statment earlier about Bangaa's being descriminated by Square Enix. I think that you should work in a Bangaa character, say he/she starts out as a personal bodyguard for Ezel, then leaves over some big argument. Then, after like 8 or 9 main storyline missions, he/she returns as a GOOD unique class (like what Ezel and Babus are) and helps along the storyline with some of the information he/she learns during his/her travels. Ohh, and I thought it would be cool if one of the head bad guy's was a Nu Mou (probably the loyal servant to the 'Bad continents' King) which was a special class that allowed him to use mind control on otherwise uncontrollable characters (example: Humans, Moogles...) That would make for a devastating foe if he had a helper or two with him (maybe Tonberries).

I have one question, though. How much older would our beloved Protagonist be? Like, "I can see a rated R movie now" older or more of a "Damn Morgage payments, my life insurance cost to much" older?

yeah nw that that has been vrought up i cant remember reading anything about it.

I think it would be best to make them around 16/17 years old. dunno why.

and yes of course nothing stops enemies from becoming grey mages but my point was more based on the balance that the races have in ffta.

none of the advanced jobclasses is much stronger then the others. if a grey mage would come in to play what use for a black mage or a white mage would remain.

I'm not saying its a bad idea but such a powerfull class should be reserved for a special character.

at least thats how i think about it.

While I once again agree that they would be great in battle, if a little cheap, we have no idea how powerful the attacks are.

For all we know right now, futile, hopeless, thoa, thora and thoaga could all be very inaccurate attacks. Meanwhile, Darkest Light might not damage the enemy as much or heal allies as much as Fire or Cure. Not saying that they are blind weaklings, but for all we know, they are (since no one has ever played as a grey mage before).

And uses for Black Mages if Grey Mages appear is simple: Grey mages can't do Elemental Damage Besides Dark. And for white mages: They can do the same level of healing (or better) for a fifth the MP cost.

Once again I see were your coming from and let me assure you that I had no intention of making them seem God-like (I saved that for my Super-Classes, which I would like to hear peoples opinions on- you know, that whole 'Complete 4 to 6 jobs completely' thing, unlock that mega class).

Okay more suggestions

-Leave the Area placement, add ports that take you to new continent
    -Blockade ideas:
    -Giant Sea monster (kracken) where you are on a ship and seagulls are attaking. Kracken would be hanging over on ship and would have 0 move but would take up 5 spots.
    -Pirates! This time 2 ships with bothe batlling at the 2 cross boards
    -Broken Ship requres you to fight monsters for somne wood.

Bring in a unique class like the mime! Moogle and requires 5 BM 2 animist 1 gadgeteer and 2 gunner.

Like stated with the kraken create huge bosses that are like 4 squares huge!

New race! Giants!
    Take up like 4 squares but counts as one charecter.
    Classes would be pure melee.

Titan class (Giant)
    Wields - War hammers (2h)
    A-Crusher
    -Squash- Deals damage and may cause flatten (like toad person is a shorter accordion version)
    -Slam - Knockdown foe (edited in)
    S-Weapon att+
    R-Bonecrusher
    C- Titanic combo

That's all i have for now. Omega the zealot seems a little powerful as he has moves that differentiate between charchters.

Sky send them a Design Documet and maybe you can get royalty's! Just make sure you add "Members of EOFF" in the credits.
    Last edited by Fireblade13; 09-14-2006 at 08:15 PM. Reason: New ideas
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)