Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

I do not like the idea of the soul magi as it seems to have to many differences from other classes. The Necro is doable (Guild Wars lover here). The new battle types sound good as i hate always just killing everyone. The changing look sounds cool but not really neccesary. I would not like to have divided plots and the random namer only makes sense in FFTA. Oh and i like the idea of FFTDS.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

eh; no Ubers are easy ways to get powerful combonations or special abilities for example

Cid: Can control laws and distribute JP and Steal it as well

Babus: Gets Alchemy and Time magic wich would normally require rough training of a Nu Mou

Ezel: Gets Blue magic and other interesting things even though he is a Nu Mou

Lini; Cheyney and Parazza: All get ultima and are able to be aquired early in the game (except Parazza)

I feel you should have to work for powerful characters not know how to find a cheatcode site

Quote Originally Posted by wynzerman View Post
    eh; no Ubers are easy ways to get powerful combonations or special abilities for example

Cid: Can control laws and distribute JP and Steal it as well

Babus: Gets Alchemy and Time magic wich would normally require rough training of a Nu Mou

Ezel: Gets Blue magic and other interesting things even though he is a Nu Mou

Lini; Cheyney and Parazza: All get ultima and are able to be aquired early in the game (except Parazza)

I feel you should have to work for powerful characters not know how to find a cheatcode site
    Um, let's check this list again.

Cid: You have to beat 300 missions to get him, which is not exactly "simple" or "easy".

Babus: Has Firaga and three time magic abilities. And that's it. Not that good of a character, especially since you won't get him until after you beat the game.

Ezel: Totally sucks. Two abilities. A version of Night that only affects the enemy is nice, but it in no way makes him an "uber" character, and if you think that he's powerful, your characters must be pathetic. He is probably the game's worst character.

Lini, Cheney, Pallanza, Quin: Yeah, they get Ultimas. So what? The Ultima spell still costs 60 MP, so it is useless early on, since none of those classes have truly wonderful MP. There are a couple other minor mitigating factors as well. They are stuck in the class you get them as, which negates some training chances. And if you don't know what their doing, you won't get them at all.

Anyone who thinks that a character having a single powerful ability makes them uber obviously knows nothing about this game.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

New Shaman move!

-Melt-300 Ap
    Basically conceal but is so much cooler! They kinda turn to the element of that square and then sink into it. But unlike conceal you now can move to ANY square of the same element (water to water, lava to lava). Lava can be done through fly boots.

-Shockwave- AoE attack at shaman's square. Once again elemental.

So does anyone like the idea of changing rods and staffs to range weapons (3 sq)?

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

New necro moves(forgot to add this one before)

Skeleton destruction: destroys 1 skeleton on the field and deals heavy damage to 1 target.

Dark Clone: targets 1 KOed target and makes a clone of that unit, the unit has 10% of the HP and MP of that target, dark clone only lasts up to 3 turns, there can only be 1 dark clone on the field at once, the KOed unit used to create the dark clone can't be revived untill the dark clone is destoyed

also on knockdown, in case there was some confusion

if someone is attacked while knocked down they automaticly recover from knockdown(you cant keep getting +50% hits on a knocked down target

till next update, cya
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade13 View Post
    So does anyone like the idea of changing rods and staffs to range weapons (3 sq)?
    No. That's what spells are for. If you are going to just attack, then you just get a basic physical attack. Unless you plan to have throwing staves, then the idea is toast.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I guess your right sky but i mean i always feel the top will break like glass. The attack would still suck but it would help out mages who are low on MP.

Shamen moves
    -Wind blast - A gust of wind deals damage and knocks back foe (3 sq.)

-Stop- Inflicts "Stop", graphic changes by envirement from melting shoes to vines at your feet.

Oh and the Viking class will be the one with the Ultima move for the Giant's.

Let me try this knockdown idea...

Knockdown - When a charecter is knocked down they must use a move action to stand up. While down target has higher evasion from missiles but more suceptable to melee. Also R-ability's are nulled and KD charecter cant be Knocked back (even from crit).

I think this would be better as then at least you can attack after rising and can be tactical as well.

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

Ok, no new classes, people. I wanted each race to have just a couple more than they did in FFTA, that's it. We don't need to double the number of classes already in the game. I'll look over the various suggestions that have been put in and figure out which ones would work best and how to implement them, but they probably won't all make it into the final document which I have decided I am going to send to Square Enix.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Ok, no new classes, people. I wanted each race to have just a couple more than they did in FFTA, that's it. We don't need to double the number of classes already in the game. I'll look over the various suggestions that have been put in and figure out which ones would work best and how to implement them, but they probably won't all make it into the final document which I have decided I am going to send to Square Enix.
    That's great! And I was just about to suggest that we give the class thing a rest. I would like to move on to creating new weapon and armor ideas while you (Sky) search through the three pages that we've made, trying to filter out the good ideas from the... well, EVERYTHING ELSE. But before we move on to that, I have a few concerns.

What is your opinion to re-introducing the movement-abilities from FFT? Lavawalk, Waterwalk, Teleport, that one where you find items on the ground. I know that boots can give you these abilities, but wouldn't it be nice to walk on water and be able to find items underfoot at the same time? Or walk over lava while wearing the Ninja Tabi?

And about Giant country... Is everything there giant? And if so, how would that affect the giant creatures stats compared to the originals?

And I would like to suggest making the Geowyrm, A 4 squares taking Earth-type dragon with very little speed, but can do every Dragon A-Ability and can do Earthquake (Just like Soil Evidence). Dragons are cool.

I would like to here peoples opinions, and I ask that you (Sky) listen to others opinion before making a final decision (I'm asking you to do this, not telling you to).

Considering Sky's comment's I guess the entire giant idea can be deleted. But i still want Shaman but he can be called Geomancer and make it moogle 2-animist 5-BM. But th giant bosses will be kept!

New Contenent!

Arku isles

-Many scattered islands with bridges.
    -One larger island at the center
    -Capitol: Arekena
    -Main race: Viera, Sub races- Human,Moogle
    -Queen: Archbishop Arera the V (Viera,Elementalist, Not ele garb)
    -The islands have many ruins from when the islands were disconected and feuding. Then the royal family of the middle island used powerful magic to expand their island and then conquer all. Now the island's are connected under the family of the center island and still practice some of the darker magic that gained them this fate.
    -Obviously the island's have a strong affinity for magic

I think that since we no longer have the crystals and totema moves that we need something to identify where we have conquered. It should probably be special race specific weapons.

I also like dragons and think they should be on all fours and huge compared to a moogle.

Oh and if we're making a judgeclass we shoeld include chocobo's as mount's. My idea is that after a certain amount of time you will yield a mission that gives you riding boot's.
    They will teach the support move "ride" for 200 ap.
    Chocobo's will be mount's for emeny's and will run amok after their rider dies. If they leave the screen you lose them. If you pull out a hunter's capture and suceed then you will have a chocobo which is not morphable but rideble. 1 chocobo per person who want's ride them.
    To ride a chocobo you must go to the bank and pick out a chocobo and equip it to a charecter with the "Ride" ability.

Oh and there should still be missions at the pub's but story missions can be gained at Bervenia.

Wooh let's rock with something other than Classes!

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

Hi. I'm new and I just finished ffta a few days ago. I think (this is totally bizzare) you should play as a cast of new characters, maybe as a bunch of people in Clan... Nutsy... :O_O: ... Ya know instead of Marche being the main character... maybe... just thinking out loud... on the forums...

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    Hi. I'm new and I just finished ffta a few days ago. I think (this is totally bizzare) you should play as a cast of new characters, maybe as a bunch of people in Clan... Nutsy... :O_O: ... Ya know instead of Marche being the main character... maybe... just thinking out loud... on the forums...
    hhm I disagree

all the main characters where still what 12? they need to be further developed. (imo) and those characters are already known, I would sooner play a game with characters I already knew, and that I like. then something totally different.

also just my opinion on things.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Chocobo

I agree I like games better that give you the same cast vs. a new cast in the same setting.

And another FB13 suggestion for those who enjoy revisting old friends...:

Staring Placement:
    Now Since this is an international conflict I think we should have ivalice start out fully developed. To give something to returning players the game will be able to sense an FFTA cartridge on the other side of the DS. So when you load up to start a new file you can explore FFTA as you once knew it.

Other things to note on this:
    -If you have a partial file- You will upload that Ivalice with all of the existing places as you knew them with the others flung on. Or we can let you just place the locations as you wish although this will consume time and will be hard to place exactly
    -No File- Well then you just get either a developer's choice or something random

An expansion on my Choco idea:
    -Throw in another mission later on that gives the acces. "Saddle". The saddle makes it so that your rider will stay on the chocobo when he falls in battle so you don't have to get a new chocobo.
    -In story mission's the bosses will most likely utilize saddles so that you can't bring down a boss off his high chocobo. lol

Also their will be multiple chocobo breeds:

Yellow Chocobo- :choc:
    The basic chocobo.
    -Move 6, Jump 4, Evade -10 (You can move fast on a chocobo but it is hard to dodge opponent's strikes)
    -Weapon Def +10 (Opponent's have a hard time striking one up high)
    -Accuracy - 7%
    -Peck attack (Instead of movement use a peck that deals small damage, uses riders wep. att.)
    -Silence on rider (Chocobo's are a rough ride)

White chocobo- :mog:
    A majestic magical chocobo
    -Move 4, Jump 3, Evade 0 (Not the fastest chocobo but is good at doging blows)
    -Magic power and Res +5 (this chocobo seems to increase the rider's magiacl ability's
    -Gust attack (Same as peck but range 3 and uses riders Mag. Pow.)
    -No silence (A gentle rider)

Black Chocobo- :choc2:
    This Chocobo has minimal flying abilitys
    -Move 6, Jump 5, Evade +5
    -Speed +5
    -Kick attack ( judged by riders att.)
    -Hover
    -Silence

My first mission suggestion!

Mounted Tournament
    -(insert royal name her) is holding a tournament for cavalry! Sign up and test your mettle against the best!

-Dpatch (2 Battles)
    -Reward - Net gold- 3400
    -Saddle
    -Opal Armor

Until next time!
    Last edited by Fireblade13; 10-03-2006 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Choco breeds

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

Who says the next game would be for the DS?

On another note, I do like the chocobo idea, but it's really not up for me to decide.
    87% of statistics are made up on the spot. Is this one?

Think like you'll live forever, live like you'll die tomorrow.

It was stated earlier that the game would be best on the DS being renamed FFTDS

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM