Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

No, that's a terrible title. Maybe we can't call it Advanced anymore, if it's not on the GBA, but calling it FFTDS? No.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    No, that's a terrible title. Maybe we can't call it Advanced anymore, if it's not on the GBA, but calling it FFTDS? No.
    Agreed. Just throwing it out there, but how about FFT: Awakening? If it fits at all with the storyline, it could be good...

Also, I know we are supposed to not bring this up anymore, but can you suggest in your document that special characters such as Cid have at least a counter ability?
    Last edited by Omegas Eyes; 09-29-2006 at 05:13 AM.
    87% of statistics are made up on the spot. Is this one?

Think like you'll live forever, live like you'll die tomorrow.

Sorry party people Ive been out for awhile, but Im back with some new ideas

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First with the name, how about FFT expanision. with the new contenents and all it would expand on the world

Second I have a new idea for battle conditions

Massicure: you must kill a certain amout of enemies on a endless scale
    (in other words the enemies will continously spawn and you must kill a certain number of them)

the second is

Timed Spawn: you must kill all enemies, more enemies will spawn every 3 turns (so for example it would start with 2 enemies and every 3 turns another 2 enter the battle the goal is to kill all enemies at once)

So those are my ideas for now till later cya
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Fine although it fits with the thought that it links it to FFTA instead of FFT.
    To FP- I like the masacre idea it sounds like fun and fitting with empires. The timed one though I am not so sure of as it could become frustrating.

I noticed that the viera are lacking in a new class so against sky's foreboding...

Performer
    Race-Viera
    Req- 3 fencer, 1 archer
    Wep.- Knuckles
    Armor- Vests
    A- Performing skills
    R- Reflex
    S- Speed +
    C- Dancing Combo

Moves-
    Aluring dance- Charms surrounding units
    Evasive dance- Increases evasion by 30 until further action
    Mute song - Silences Surrounding units
    Whirlwind- Old move
    Rally - Increases all Stats of surrounding allys by 1
    Lullaby- Inflict sleep on surrounding units

What makes the performer special is that the Surrounding moves affect in 3 squares (not whirlwind). Also most of the moves work better on units that are looking in their direction vs. turning their backs. Basically support charcacter but does have some offensive ability.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

nice idea fireblade...just hope sky doesnt get pissed

heres a story question:

if this the story that sky came up with is true, this is suppost to be the judge war, but only ivalice has judges. I might have forgotten some info before, but how would the other nations blend with the story since they dont have judges?

another thing....how many nations are around ivalice and how many will be involed in this war...

this is just a plot hole thats confusing me a bit

till next update cya
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Phantom View Post
    nice idea fireblade...just hope sky doesnt get pissed

heres a story question:

if this the story that sky came up with is true, this is suppost to be the judge war, but only ivalice has judges. I might have forgotten some info before, but how would the other nations blend with the story since they dont have judges?

another thing....how many nations are around ivalice and how many will be involed in this war...

this is just a plot hole thats confusing me a bit

till next update cya:)
    This isn't the judgewar that happened as a side story to the original. This is the other nations breaking through the laws trying to conquer ivalice. The number of nations depends on how many nations we can think of. So far i seem to be the only one with Nation idea's! :rolleyes2

I think that the Gadgeteer class should be re-done to be a technology based class that has vehicles which it flys around in (will expand with skys approval). I mean who really used the gadgeteer?

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

wow....its soo quiet here i can hear the silence

besides my oxymoron wtf is going on...this thread has been dead for like 2 weeks WTF???

we cant just let this thread die...DO SOMETHING DAMNIT

Sorry about the lack of activity. The idea itself is by no means dead. I have spent the past few weeks refining the various ideas. While we have a lot of good stuff here, it is nowhere near finished. Getting the new classes and abilities to their final stage is going to be a tedious process, and that is just part of what we need to do to get this game concept finished.

Currently, I am expanding the plot. What I presented in the first post is a good beginning, but it is just a beginning. The War is going to be a major part of the story, there is no doubt about that, just as a war constituted a major part of the storyline of the original FFT. But there will be much more, likely including a threat to the very existence of Ivalice, in keeping with FF tradition.

I have given this project the temporary title of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: The Judge War. I like the way it sounds, it fits with the plot, and we have to include the Advance or people might assume it's a sequel to the original FFT and burn me in effigy. So, even if this game were to be developed for the DS or another system, it will likely keep this title.

Thanks for all the support, and I will try to give a bigger update in a week or so.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the idea of a sequel, but as for chocobos being capture creatures, no just plain no. You were doing ok with the whole Ride ability for judge master however not capture, the Ride ability should increase movement by 3 yet lower defence. Chocobo's would be technically KOd when the judge is and returned when he is revived. These are war choco's highly trained not just normal wild ones.

Oh edit:

What I would really like to see in a sequel would be the option of more different weapons and weapon types, axes, hammers, crossbows ect. My main desire would be to see human archers and viera archers distinguished from each other more with some race only moves for that jobset. Maybe give the humans some moves to be learnt by a cross bow (more power in one but slightly less speed or evasion bounuses) whilst some moves are more aimed at the lighter/quicker viera.
    Last edited by Iceglow; 10-15-2006 at 11:54 PM. Reason: the second obvious part

Sky please send what you have to my E-mail at FFman13@aol.com

Iceglow the point to the chocobo is to increase options and include chocobo's Chocos were in FFT and were capturable i believe

Sky I thought the point was a war with other countrys as the JW were included in FFTA. Maybe repost the story with new edits to show what your talking about. I can't believe everything went dead like that.

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade13 View Post
    Sky please send what you have to my E-mail at FFman13@aol.com

Iceglow the point to the chocobo is to increase options and include chocobo's Chocos were in FFT and were capturable i believe

Sky I thought the point was a war with other countrys as the JW were included in FFTA. Maybe repost the story with new edits to show what your talking about. I can't believe everything went dead like that.
    I'm not going to e-mail or repost. I said I'll update at the end of the week, and I'll try my best to do that. I think I'll be able to get an update in on Saturday. Don't ask for one before then, please. It may seem to you guys that I am just full of tons of ideas, but there is actually a lot of thought and planning that goes into this, since I have to keep all the aspects of the game balanced. Building a good plot alone takes work. I also have to carefully balance the classes to ensure that none of the old classes are made obsolete, while still having enough new classes and abilities to not disappoint people. I have to work up a fair amount of new quests and quest chains, which work well with the world that I'm setting up. I'm doing my best and working my fastest, so please quit asking or more immediately. When I initially presented this idea, it was little more than a logical extension of the events of FFTA that would make a good plot. That idea itself wasn't developed in a day, and turning a simple plot basis into a working game concept is not easy or fast, even if I dedicated all my free time to the project. I am glad you guys are enjoying it, but I can't get anything done if I'm having to constantly explain why nothing is getting put up here.

Anyway, for now the plot stands as it was presented in the first post. I'm calling it the Judge War for a couple reasons. First, I like the name. Second, as I said in the first post, the judges are actually fighting in this war, and will be a rather important part of the war and thus the game's plot.

Sorry for the double post.

Anyway, I've been thinking and planning quite a while about the sequel. I've had some trouble deciding just what to do with the world, but I have finally finised the basic plan. The entire world, and even the entire continent, will not be accessible. It's just too big. Rather, we will have access to all of Ivalice's direct neighbors. With the map we were presented in FFTA, we know that Ivalice is a peninsula with only a single northern border. There will be three countries to the north of it, and a group of islands to its southwest. Each country has its own government. Goltana, the main aggressor and the largest of the countries, is the westernmost of the continents. The other two countries along Ivalice's borders are not fighting in the war when the game begins, but that changes soon. The country to Goltana's west is the one, besides Ivalice, most threatened by the attack. It blocks off all but a small portion of Ivalice from direct invasion by Goltana, and both countries will have their movement restricted by those borders. Thus the middle country (for which I have no name for as yet, Goltana is the only one I've named, but I'll listen to any suggestions) is will take sides the quickest. Siding with Goltana would help to ensure victory over Ivalice, but also leave itself vunerable for an attack from two flanks, and could bring the other country into the fray. However, siding with Ivalice would involve facing down the might of the strongest nation on the continent. The easternmost of the three countries has little cause to worry. Both Ivalice and the middle country are blocking it from Goltana's aggression. And who knows, it might have desires of its own in this war...

However, the neutrality of the other countries will in no way make them immune to the war, and a good portion of the missions will be fought inside them, as Ivalice will be trying to gain their support in the battle against Goltana, and Goltana will be doing everything they can to prevent it. And, as I have said, the political positions of these countries are unstable at best. There will even be some three way battles between Ivalice, Goltana, and the others as the game progresses, which will be more difficult, and require more strategy. Playing the sides off against one another will require careful manipulation of the battle, but will wind up being far better for your forces than attempting to take on two armies at once!

The islands are not a definite country, rather they are going to be a storehouse of optional quests and items. They will be inhabited by some of the strongest foes in the game, as well as the most rewarding quests.

The Redwings will make an appearance as well. Though they have suffured a staggering defeat at the hands of Ivalice in the past, having lost Grissom, Gukko, the Foreign Fiends, the Falgabirds, and countless others, the organization itself still exists, and is waiting in one of the countries for the chance for vengeance.

Touché,Threeché,SPAMATION Monster Hunt's Avatar

I think it's nice that you're thinking of new ideas and it's cool but just remember that it's FF- You have to keep some very FF jobs in there (eg- Black mage, whitemage, fighter/soldier/warrior).

Keep up the great work you're doing! ;D

*spamation*
    was all like to who was acctually feeling due to the fact that :oscar: & :frylock: couldn't go to his b'day party. patted him on the back and :mog: said there's always next year. felt more , felt , but :moose: (who knows when (as the person he is) he came in) was more of a . :magus: jumped in and told that no one really likes him. BROKEN ran everyone over with a :sophia:. So lived happily ever after, especially after he had with :rsl:
    The end!

66% of sig statistics are fake- and so is this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunt View Post
    I think it's nice that you're thinking of new ideas and it's cool but just remember that it's FF- You have to keep some very FF jobs in there (eg- Black mage, whitemage, fighter/soldier/warrior).

Keep up the great work you're doing! ;D

*spamation*
    All the old jobs from the original FFTA will be there.

Touché,Threeché,SPAMATION Monster Hunt's Avatar

I thought you'd say that... but then there may be too many...

I mean I don't think my Ideas would be useful (if I had any) so never mind
    was all like to who was acctually feeling due to the fact that :oscar: & :frylock: couldn't go to his b'day party. patted him on the back and :mog: said there's always next year. felt more , felt , but :moose: (who knows when (as the person he is) he came in) was more of a . :magus: jumped in and told that no one really likes him. BROKEN ran everyone over with a :sophia:. So lived happily ever after, especially after he had with :rsl:
    The end!

66% of sig statistics are fake- and so is this one.