Some people have complained that FFTA is too kiddy, and that it's plot is too light (especially compared to the darker storyline of the war in FFT). My initial reaction to this was to present my Comprehensive Theory on the Fate of Ivalice, it has come to my attention that another way to solve this problem could be to create a sequel. If set a few years after the events in FFTA, the characters would be older. And the events are already set up for a far more serious plot than FFTA's. So, since this forum is getting quiet again, I figured I might as well present my idea of a sequel for FFTA. It involves quite a bit of backstory, but if ever they are to make a sequel to FFTA, this is what I would want it to be. Enjoy.

Since the laws were first created in Ivalice, the country has enjoyed a lasting peace with other countries, due to the fact that the powerful magic that formed the laws served to make sure that citizens (and thus soldiers) of Ivalice could not die in any battle attended by a judge. The laws also made the judges themselves all but invincible. So, immune to the constant border disputes that plagued other countries, Ivalice grew and prospered, eventually disbanding its army entirely and merely counting on the growing number of clans to repel any invaders foolish enough to attack. It became a neutral country, mediating treaties between its neighbors, and trading across the continent. But, as always, success breeds enemies. Most other nations were jealous of Ivalice. But there was nothing they could do. The laws could not be duplicated, nor could they be broken. Until the famed Nu Mou hermetic, Ezel Berbier found a way to negate laws. His antilaws did not affect the primary purpose of the law, that of preventing death and protecting the judges, but they did show that the laws were not as all-powerful as had previously been believed. Such a monumental discovery could not be kept secret, especially with so much trade going on. Shortly after the creation of the antilaws, the royal family left Ivalice, leaving no successor to the throne. The judge of Sphrom, the judge in charge of the prison, attempted to claim the title of Judgemaster and from there fill the power vacuum left by the royal family, and used the newly invented "Blank Card" laws to help achieve this goal, but the Liberators, Clan Ultima (no, I'm not going to call it Nutsy), working together with Judgemaster Cid, managed to stop that bid for power and bring some stability to Ivalice. But the damage was done. Modifications to the law were becoming ever more common and more powerful. Approximately five years after the Judge rebellion was ended, Ivalice's great peace was shattered. A skirmish between members of Clan Doned and a division of troops from Goltana, one of Ivalice's most militaristic neighbors, ended victoriously, but at an unprecedented cost. For Goltana had worked long and hard to perfect antilaws, and, though they lost that battle, they killed five members of Clan Doned, as well as the judge who was overseeing the battle. Within a week, despite the great leadership of Judgemaster Cid, the judges had split up. With no ruling body on the throne, and not even the assurance of the invincibility the laws were supposed to ensure, many of the judges went to the clans. Though they still followed the rules of the law, and would respond and report to the Judgemaster, they also began to fight in battles directly, and used their powers to manipulate the laws more towards the favor of their clans. The infighting among the clans ended overnight. For Ivalice's long dream was over. The Judge War had come.

What do you think? Would that make a good sequel or what? As I hinted, Judges would now be a playable class, with some pretty nifty abilities that would make the laws less annoying.

Feel free to post your own thoughts and ideas on this, as well as presenting your own ideas about what would make a good sequel.