Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequel

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

That wasn't really what I was thinking at all. The game is going to be darker and more involved, but the twisting of which side is right and which is wrong is not going to be included. Even with a clearly defined good side and bad side, you can have a darker mood to the game and a more serious plot. But the good guys will remain good guys.

May have to rethink my ideas then... I really liked my "villian" though but then again I don't feel like he really makes Marche and the others look evil so who knows...

Any chance you might do an update Skyblade? Just a quick overview of what you've done and where you may need help?

Not necessarily. As I pointed out before, it may not work as a main villain, but another FF tradition that I am going to keep is that of the secondary villain that you fight throughout most of the game. And your character seems to work fairly well in that regards. An enemy soldier working for Goltana, or the ruler of one of the other countries could use a character like that quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno
    One Idea of doing this would be to have his kingdom actually reach the Royal Palace and actually "conquer" Ivalice. Then he conspires with Babus and the new Judgemaster (I believe you mentioned there was a new one) and have her killed. Now for a controversial idea...
    No, the judgemaster is still Cid. I pointed out that past the main plot of FFTA there was an attempt to overthrow Cid as judgemaster, but he stopped that rebellion and throughout the sequel he will retain his position.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You'll have to forgive me about the Judgemaster thing, I don't remember that part but that is probably cause I still need twenty more missions to get Cid (I don't have a charger and batteries get expensive ) but I am happy to hear that you like my character idea

If you ever have any extra time, I would love to hear an update on what you have planned out so far. It might spark up some more creativity in this thread, and I feel this project needs alot of love

I was thinking of the tutorial mision being that fight where clan Doned fights Goltana and loses some mebers permanetly.

Greatsword- Razer
    Ex- This sword is bigger than me!
    Power- 100
    Def.- -2
    Evade- -5

Clouds sword which is larger than any known o man!

I like your ideas Wolf Kanno they have some very nice points for characters.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have three more character ideas, well one I've mentioned, another is a revamp of my female general (now a Viera mercenary ) and one new character. But I'll post it a little later... (FFXII is kicking my ass but I'm loving it.) That and I'm still fine tuning a few details about them. I realized I should start mixing it up and creating NPC's of other races and I should mention what class I think they would be in case Skyblade wants them to participate (voluntarily or not ) in battles.

Hope to see some more love in this forum though... And thanks to everyone who gave some feedback and ideas.

Another Feature I would like to take the time to point out is the Placement Feature. This is those spots where your units begin. I think that their should be more than 8 spaces for you to place your units and that either opponents should be pushed back or the fields made larger.

Also Sky if you send Square an e-mail hey may delete it unless you send them instead a link to this forum so that their is no chance of lawsuit as this forum is public.

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alara, a Viera mercenary hired by Goltana (though she may show up in other missions in the service of the other kingdoms) to aid the kingdoms troops in the invasion of Ivalice. Part of the expeditionary force that entered to scout the lay of the land before the main forces. This is not her first time in Ivalice, her father (another mercenary) had brought her once before when she was very young. It was the last time she was with him as he died in the mission he took afterwards in a faraway kingdom. Her father loved Ivalice and had planned on retiring there in a few more years to raise his daughter instead, with his death, Alara was raised by his friend Josef from the mercenary unit he belonged to. Alara grew up in the buisness, and is very practical and calculating. She never allows emotions to interfere and accepts life for what it is. But, she is still quite young (for a Viera) and perhaps her personality is more likely a result of her training and her strong belief to be independant and mature. As the invasion insues, she begins to question Goltana's approach to the war and she herself begins to gain the same strong feelings for Ivalice that her father had. A chance encounter with Judgemaster Cid at the place her father had taken her only strengthens her resolve to protect Ivalice (I was thinking of having a hint that she may have fallen for Cid but I don't feel it should be forced or blatanly obvious) I figured she would bow out and leave the war with her unit towards the end of the game cause of her convictions. If Skyblade follows a similar game layout like the original, she could be a secret character that joins you on the second quest, after the main story is finished. She should be a Fencer with Red Mage as her secondary class.

Two questions Skyblade: One, will there actually be other major judge characters besides Cid? Two, if the enemies can use law cards now (in the story) does that mean that in the game they can use them as well? Like you enter a battle that prohibits color magic and the enemy could either remove the law themselves or even add to them to hinder you based on your party. I don't know how to make such an algorithm or A.I. (I'm pretty bad at computer stuff, including vocab for it... so point and laugh now (at your homes) and let's stay on topic please ) but it would be damn cool. I figured if you had to battle a judge, the judge could be changing the rules in battle every few rounds... Just a thought but I was curious...

OOOOOO Marche should be the Judge master!
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by TidusMaster View Post
    OOOOOO Marche should be the Judge master!
    Ah no, that really doesnt make that much sense. Why would he go back? Better yet, why would he be judgemaster? Unless he develops a superiority complex, the judgemaster should still be Cid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

What about the title for the game and sky can we please have a update on how far you are?
    Illusions can kill if you believe in them-Rajzin

I'm afraid I haven't done any work on this since my last update. I've tried, but I just haven't had the time. I've been too busy with midterms. Sorry.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

My most humble apologies, both for the delay and for the double post. It has been quite some time since I have updated this, as I have been very busy with my classes. However, the semester is over and I am now able to return a portion of my attention to this project, which has been sadly neglected. I hope you look forward to an update soon.

Was thinking of the sequel and thought up another one of those annoying things of FFTA: Equipting.

We all know of the annoyance of changing class and having to re-equip your character. I personally change classes often to avoid laws because I often forget about the laws and so I try to make it impossible for me to screw up. If it wasn't for the annoying re-equipment I would definetly skill train (change to a class to gain skills but change out to more powerful class for stats when lvl up comes up).

The feature would be the simple "Best Equip". We all know this if you played the FF1 remake. This feature would basically equip the best item available.

Okay let's go through a play by play:
    1. You change Marche from a thief to a ninja
    2. You goto the equip screen and see five blank slots
    3. You hit (insert button here) and you become equipped with the best Katana (judged by Weapon power), best armor (Judged by Wep. Def. plus Magic Def.), best helmet (same as armor), best shield (if applicable, same as helmet), best accesory (combined stat increase, 2nd accesory if no shieldf)

Since the Pro's are obvious here are the cons
    -Does not factor in special like ability's (angel rings auto life, Fire robe's fire immunity)
    -Does not factor in special stats (evade, move, jump)
    -Does not factor in Skills taught (Double sword, counter)
    -Does not factor in use of Double sword
    -You may have to re-equip anyway causing just as much frustration as an empty screen

So even though these are some heavy bad points I can not think of anything that would really work without alot of proggramming.

The alternative path would be Equipment sets but this would be very confusing to make do-able

More later

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You could always do the auto-equip like FFVIII did for Junctioning. You could choose a magic base or power base equip setting. So you would just have to set it up similiar. Newest ability, Tank, Speedster, magic, and attack power.

It's a really good idea, I can't remember how many times I had that happen.

Oh, and Skyblade. Please don't forget my questions from the post's above. I still have a few idea's about a judge character and I still need to finish up the "Merchant of Death" character. Hope to get a full update soon.

yo sky, since when did you work for square??

look at the front site of eoff they're already planning a sequel :P
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before