Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loud computer fan

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

My old desktop's fan is almost dead, and when it boots up it makes an absolutely horrible "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound. Hitting the tower a few times fixes it though.

my laptop is quiet most of the time. occasionally i can hear the whirring sounds made by the fan. after several years of torture, i will take it to the Empire State Building and drop it from there. actually, dismembering it sounds like a good idea, so long as i don't have it plugged in...

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would never yell 'woo go dell' unless I was screaming at someone named dell who had done something amazing.

I dont' notice my fan. But I do when I block the side and top of my case with pillows. Then there's just a ringing in my ears from the antinoise.

I have a gaming machine with several fans to keep it cool, so it can get kinda noisey

Default what

I like having fans that sound like vacuum cleaners because they remind me to clean the case out every once in a while.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Actually, Dell makes some of the quietest computers I have heard or seen, sometimes at the expense of sufficient cooling. (but thankfully they got it right with their latest BTX cases)

Two of my roommates have extremely loud computers. One has about 6 loud fans, while another has a CPU fan that screams like a mini jet engine.

My computer has about 5 fans, but they are low speed or temp controlled so it general is only a softer background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by KaakoriX
    my comp is reely loud...only when u trun it on tho
    No WAI!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember now. About a year ago I had my computer taken down cleaning it. It was disgusting inside. The fan had hugely thick dust on it. It was so gross. It's probably worse than that now. i bet it has pollen all over it inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    I'm so disappointed. I thought this would be about computer fans (fanatics) that were loud. Like hooligans, only with computers.
    Yeah, me too.

my desktop computer did that a lot, it took me taking apart the tower and cleaning the dust off the fan to stop it from being so loud...I probably should clean the fan in my laptop.

Mine's all quiet and secretive. It means if I go and use my older one, the fan hurts my ears, I'm so unused to the sound. It's also slow and ugly and, yes, filled with hamsters.

Loud one's do put me off, but I barely ever have to use a computer with that.

My processor fan is a turbine that looks like a 747. It runs quietly though. It is all the damn lights in my case that piss me off.

Bipper

When I was little I used to throw my underwear on top of my Grandma's ceiling fan.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

This pc isnt that loud really.

And School has fancy Dell Computers and stacks of Laptops for STUDENTS use =O