Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the FFVII Survivor games begin!

everyone has the basics fire, ice, lightning. the rest is divided. i also highly doubt everyone will remember their own specific materia combo, this way people should be able to at least remember they have fire,ice, lightning and their own summon. even if they cant remember the two other specifics

all right hang on

1 summon (different)
    2 materia (different for each person)
    Fire
    Ice
    Lightning

Thats what everyone was gonna get, you think thats a problem?

With thanks to Owen Macwere

check out- http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFCSG/index.php?act=idx

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

Reno:

Cid iīm gonna need a ride on that highwind sooner than later...

I think Kuja is right itīs not fun if everyone as the same materia i think it would be fair if a person who wins a challenge gets a summon materia and a regular materia of their choice.

I guess what Blue Phoenix wanted to do though was make it so all were even to start with, and as it progresses, the characters gain more. This way we all started off on teh same playing grounds with the 3 materias of the same element. No advantages.

As for my "Cure" materia Blue Phoenix, after looking through the list of materia's able to obtain, I'll have the "Manipulate" one instead; not the Cure. That is my final answer.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

id change your sig then

i dont quite understand what the rest of you are saying. i was always going to make everyones materia unique, but having those 3 as a staple that everyone had, seemed a good idea (proposed by vivi Ultima) i took it onboard and agreed it was a good idea

Are u saying to start off with no materia, until you win a challenge? thatd be very biased on the poor souls who dont win challenges, this way everyone has some materia

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

Reno:

Yeah but i think it would be funnier if we could hand pick it for example kuja already uses flare and ultima magic withought materia, i think that since every character as itīs own special atacks it should begin like that.

You can all use your own normal attacks

Kuja has his battle spells
    Reno, rude, Rufus etc- have their battle skills
    FF characters- Have their limits.

the materia should supplement it.

EDIT- dont forget theres a challenge on! but any suggestions/adaptions to this materia idea can still be posted so i can argue back! lol. no seriously if i feel its a better idea ill take it on board, i just think giving everyone some materia from the start, and having some of the materia the same is the best way. Because none of the characters have ANY attacks in common
    Last edited by blue phoenix; 06-17-2006 at 04:29 PM.

Reno:

Well letīs wait to see what other people think...and as you know my post about the challenge as already been made letīs hope other people post fast so we can get the show on the road.

okey dokey. the challenge ends on sunday night. ie. ill judge it on Tuesday, afternoon (exams yey!) But any entries on monday and Tuesday will be discounted. the vote will start on Tuesday afternoon or Wed morning. but ill signal it.

Sorry bout the delay, but it shouldnt cause too many problems, just do the usual chat among yourselves.

Barret

Damn Damn, I just remembered...Saturday June 24 - the Next Saturday July 1, I'll be away counseling a Camp for School kids. Um...how will this affect the game for me?
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

OOC: Everyone should start with Cure, Ice, Lightning and Fire. Turks limits is their battle skill in FFVII. Same as Kuja, his limits is Flare, Ultima etc. What about this?

Nanaki

Let's imagine Cid fall:

No matter how many money the prize worth, Human's Life is more valuable, unlimited money. So, what I do is I'll save Cid first, that's important. If I have time, I'll get the prize.

It's not really hard for Nanaki to climb the mountains, you see Nanaki and his children climb the mountains near Midgar at the end of FFVII. So, I have the time to grab the prize after I save Cid.

First of all, I will quickly go to Cid and saves him with my uber agility (Nanaki is a wolf). After I has save him 100%, I will go berserk and fast with Lunatic Moon and Howling Moon. I will then run as fast as I can and reach the top, grabbing the prizes. I will go to Cid after I grab the prizes, "This is for us to share".

Done!

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Yuffie

Well...

1. If it was Kuja I was laugh because he can just float back up. Then we can get the treasure together!
    2. If it was anyone else, I would attach myself to the mountain (you, to one of those thingys-those bungee cords) and jump down and save them. Then, we would help each other get back up and get the treasure!

OR

1. I would save them the same way, then put them on my back and jump up the mountain with my super ninja-skills!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

OOC: so now materia is only as prizes? good. that means that main characters can use all of their limit abilities and enemies can use their battle abilities.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Right! the materia question

1. Start off with fire, ice and lightning (vivi_ultima). plus unique summon and two unique materia. More can be won as challenge prizes. and FF characters can use their limits as well, non FF7 characters use their in battle commands and materia. (blue phoenix)
    2. No materia, only as prizes, plus individual skills bit (Boys from the dwarfs motion)
    3. All the same materia (nobody)
    4. no materia in general (nobody)
    5. Something else

Please choose one of the options, and not on who picked it. i only included that so if their idea is accepted they get the credit. But this isnt about favortism, its about what ideas the best. as i said point 1s a sorta combo between my idea and vivis. Just pick whatever option sounds best!!

RUFUS

I'd immediately send Dark Nation running for my ally, and he'll bite onto their sleeve or collar or something, and he'll then drag them to the closest ledge where they can catch their breath or whatever. Meanwhile, I'd quickly run to the top, and fire my shotgun destroying any other obstacles that may be in my way. I'd take the prize and make my way to my fallem ally to check on them, and then we'd all make our way down the rest of the mountain.

cid

nanaki,reno...when the highwind is fixed you'd both get the first ride...

but now spare parts are hard to find