Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ciddies - Feedback

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Ciddies - Feedback

Gimme gimme gimme. Please keep award suggestions to the other thread that is designed for such a topic, though. It's out there somewhere.

Things that have been suggested/proposed recently...

1) Hand-picking speech-writers for the top awards.
    2) Announcing Best Member in a Survivor-style, vote-by-vote style, so you can watch the votes just as AG counted them.
    3) More Ciddies.
    4) Less Ciddies.
    5) Y!M Voice Conference with AG during the Ciddies - this was due to happen this time around but it became difficult because AG wasn't feeling great.
    6) A change to the periods of time which qualify a member as Newbie, Regular or Veteran.
    7) Non-Member Awards (eg best thread). I'm actually considering setting this up as a seperate event.
    8) A place for people to show off their stuff, as in Miriel's post in this thread (point #3).

I can't remember the rest at the moment. But comment on those and make suggestions of your own.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

1) Hand-picking speech-writers for the top awards.

I agree with that. I didn't like the speeches too much this year. Some were brilliant, but some were a dissapointment, especially for the top awards. Aside from that, that was my favourite Ciddies of all time, so I can't think of anything else! More Ciddies would ruin it the special-ness of winning a Ciddie, less would ruin it too.
    Last edited by Rye; 06-11-2006 at 05:09 PM.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Here's what I found for new Ciddies.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=86008

More Ciddies can't always hurt, but it would add a great amount of stress and more work.
    I'm sure you can handle it.
    Some of the speeches were... a little off. I think we could vote to pick out who would be able to do the speeches, or the Powers that Be could pick directly for themselves.

1), aswell. That'd be good.
    The way you work out the duo Ciddie works well enough, but I think this years were a little sucky. I guess I can't change people's thinkings...

Can't think of much else. Maybe you could hand out drinks? I get very thirsty reading it. And maybe we should get AG a comfy chair. He must get so tired.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Loony_BoB: Maybe an even better idea would be to get something happening OUTSIDE of the Ciddies, like, between them.
    Loony_BoB: Get competitions more organised.
    Loony_BoB: So we always have something happening at EoFF.

I've always found there are 'dead points' in EoFF's calendar, although some only feel dead because they're so soon after the high-point of the year (late November to late December). Maybe we could set this stuff up so it runs a bit better. For example, the Ciddies once again interrupted an EoFFathlon, maybe we should organise this stuff so that doesn't happen anymore.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I found this year pretty boring, but I don't think it was because they were any worse, really. I just wasn't interested. Perhaps more awards presented more quickly would liven things up a bit. I'm not sure, really. Picking the presenters would be a good idea, because there are always some that are great while others are pretty lackluster.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Loony_BoB: Maybe an even better idea would be to get something happening OUTSIDE of the Ciddies, like, between them.
    Loony_BoB: Get competitions more organised.
    Loony_BoB: So we always have something happening at EoFF.

I've always found there are 'dead points' in EoFF's calendar, although some only feel dead because they're so soon after the high-point of the year (late November to late December). Maybe we could set this stuff up so it runs a bit better. For example, the Ciddies once again interrupted an EoFFathlon, maybe we should organise this stuff so that doesn't happen anymore.
    Yeah, I agree with that, as I told you on Y!M. xD

The next dead point will be in one month when I leave you for a while.

But for feedback that was quite fun. I'd suggest getting people to write speaches earlier to give people more time to write the speach and makes it less likely to run low on volunteers. With more time the speaches could turn out better, If I hadn't written mine in such a brief time it might have been pretty good, I wasn't very fond of it myself. I just wrote it since you needed the speaches apperently.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    The next dead point will be in one month when I leave you for a while.

But for feedback that was quite fun. I'd suggest getting people to write speaches earlier to give people more time to write the speach and makes it less likely to run low on volunteers. With more time the speaches could turn out better, If I hadn't written mine in such a brief time it might have been pretty good, I wasn't very fond of it myself. I just wrote it since you needed the speaches apperently.
    A week is some time! If I gave people longer, I'd have to either make people wait longer for the results, or else the speech-writers wouldn't know who the nominees are. The speech-writing phase can only last as long as the voting round.

More Maxico.

Anyway I would seriously suggest an easier voting method. Maybe a page seperate from the forums with a form to fill in.
    Word/s.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Allow write-in votes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wasn't aware copy/pasting a list and deleting people was terribly difficult. Or do you mean for nominations? I'm not sure how a form would make that any easier - with PMs, I can reply to anything that needs to be rejected for any reason.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think the first ones would still have to be by PM, because you have to choose from EVERYONE. The finals could be done by page, but it would be alot of stuff and code to do. Samuraid can handle that, lol

The nominating/voting system thing is good enough. It works. If you're too lazy to do it, well, we don't want your votes!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    I wasn't aware copy/pasting a list and deleting people was terribly difficult. Or do you mean for nominations? I'm not sure how a form would make that any easier - with PMs, I can reply to anything that needs to be rejected for any reason.
    Not voting as much as nominating. Seeing as once you've copied and pasted there's a bunch of additional text littered around the seperate awards that I tend to spend alot of time cleaning because I'm obsessive copmulsive like that.

Perhaps just a blank list of awards or a .txt document would be more realistic.
    Word/s.