Thread: The Veldt: did I miss Over-Mind after all, or is he just extremely rare?

Banned

Default The Veldt: did I miss Over-Mind after all, or is he just extremely rare?

I'm doing a Low Level Game Challenge and a Rage Completion Challenge at the same time now, and I'm totally sure I encountered Over-Mind on the Phantom Train, because I worked VERY thoroughly with this stuff (YAY Djibriel and his Rage Guide!)
    However, I've been running around on The Veldt for three hours now, and I've encountered every single enemy lots of times (among them, Telstar x 4), EXCEPT for the Over-Mind.
    Is he that rare, or did I miss him after all?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's probably that he's just rare, or that your luck is poor IRL.
    Things always seem much rarer whenever you hunt for them, so I suggest taking some time away from it, and come back when you are ready to hunt it down. I however, have never encountered the Over-Mind, but it could be that he is in a specific region of the Veldt that you may have overlooked?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    It's probably that he's just rare, or that your luck is poor IRL.
    Things always seem much rarer whenever you hunt for them, so I suggest taking some time away from it, and come back when you are ready to hunt it down. I however, have never encountered the Over-Mind, but it could be that he is in a specific region of the Veldt that you may have overlooked?
    Perhaps so, but I always found the whole Veldt to be inhabited by all enemies, except for the Over-Mind.

I mean, I hunted for the rare Telstar a lot as well, and I didn't even have much trouble with him; after about 2½ hours, I'd got four Green Berets.
    Over-Mind's absence is rather annoying, indeed.

The major annoyance, though, is the plain fact that I COULD have mised him, and playing the game till the end with the constant possibility of my missing him, that's very uncomfortable.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You could always go back, but yes, there is the possibility of it affecting your concentration. And if you stopped entirely, there's a small chance that you might forget about the game entirely. You could also just keep trying. I myself find perseverance to be the most important factor in finding something you need. Or GameGenie. Hacking the ROM works too. If you get into the coding and recode it, that's always a good option. Or shoot your computer and hope it gives it to you. The ushe.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's always possible you may have missed him. I'm doing a low level game as well, and made it a point to fight them on the train, then haapened to die shortly after. Couldn't remember if I had fought them before saving or not so I had to fight one again, and just happened to run into them quickly. I also lucked out and found them fairly quickly on the Veldt, but I must emphasize that I got lucky. I've had more games where I never ran into them once than games where I did. They do seem to be quite rare. Where you say you've been trying for hours though I have to wonder if you might have missed him. I'd say give yourself some more time to try and find them, but if you don't encounter them after another hour or two, I'd say it'd be best to go back as much as that may suck. Hopefully you've been keeping multiple save files to make things easier on yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22
    Hopefully you've been keeping multiple save files to make things easier on yourself.
    Yeah, luckily I still have this Phantom Train file left, and that should make things a lot more endurable.

What???

Over Mind is one of the simplest damn things to find!

i actually cant believe no one here has found him, he was the most regular occurence i had on my 1st visit to the veldt. He also shows up on other visits regularly too. i used his Elf Fire rage to great effect, only to find out that Stray Cats rage is better.

ive never completed a rage list but on all 6 playthroughs ive always got over mind.

With thanks to Owen Macwere

check out- http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFCSG/index.php?act=idx

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

I've discovered that if you want to encounter a specific enemy on the Veldt he will not show up.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

that's when you just equip the cursed shield and ribbon and play play play play play