Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The DS Lite

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The DS Lite

I picked mine up yesterday and I am glad I did. They weren't kidding about the new quality of the screens! I decided to play Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow on it mainly because I know that is the darkest looking game I own. Man, let me tell you that there is a lot more detail in that game then I originally thought! A lot of the background stuff stands out a lot more! Even bright looking games like New Super Mario Bros. look significantly different.

The design looks VERY nice. It's smaller, but easier to hold. The buttons and layout are easier to use as well. The stylus is more comfortable to use, also.

Anyone else pick it up yet?

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

My brother recently ordered one from Japan. And it makes the old DS look old fashioned, its so smooth, and petit, and so much lighter than the original.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gonna get one later this week. Can't wait!

Blog Entries

I would, but I don't have $150 to spare, and Birthday money could be spent on DS games instead of a new DS.

When the price of the DS lite goes down, ill cash in my DS to buy one. As of now, ill get back to playing Tetris DS.

I already have a DS so I'm going to skip a lite. I'm sure the improvements are nice, but I doubt the difference is worth the money.

If I can find a place that's doing a "Trade in your regular DS and save 50%" or something like that, I'll definetly pick it up. If not, well, I'll have to see how low it gets. I'd like to get one someday, as it looks very awesome.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I got one but I didn't have a normal DS to begin with and my aging GBA was in need of an upgrade. That is a GBA. Not a SP and not a Mini...an old ass GBA...from launch 2001.

I have trauma center and I will get Metroid Pinball and Bleach DS as presents...at some point in the future.

We havent got ours yet. My boyfriend has had held and played one cause some guy brought his into work. He said the light was very powerful and the guy hadnt even put it on its highest setting!

I'm trading my DS in at the end of the week when I get paid.

Blog Entries

I'll trade in my SP and my old DS and get one.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

As one of my brothers broke my DS's hinge (not to mention it has more scratches on its cover than believable), I plan on getting one when I get a chance.

My goodness. I cannot tout the screen quality enough. Playing Mario Kart I feel like I'm playing an entirely new and detailed game. Animal Crossing looks a lot nicer too. This thing fits well in the hands and the ergonomics and the weight are a big plus over the original DS. I also picked up Brain Age when I picked up the Lite. I mention this because the game makes use exlcusively out of the stylus, and it is easier on the hands. Because it's not as heavy as the old one, your support hand doesn't feel like giving way all the time. In addition the new stylus is thicker has a better "writing utencil" feel to it. I know I'm starting to sound like a Nintendo fanboy, but wow, I am thouroughly more impressed with this thing than I thought I would be. Good job Nintendo!

Yeah, im going to get one. I was playing around with one at work, which btw, was also th first time I had ever touched a DS xD

I tested them both, and the original felt way too sharp and edged and uncomfortable. The Lite for me. I just wish I could get a black one, to match my PSP

Also, Zeldy, isnt it out in UK yet? Weve had it here in NZ for a week or two already

I'm waiting for the pink one.