Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

I know i'm going to be shivering/shaking until i get this game when it comes out in 2007 for the PS3. For some of the people who haven't seen the the trailers for this game here's the one from 2005.
    http://http://video.google.com/video...64774596549081

Here's the newest one from E3 that was shown just a month or so ago.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...l+gear+solid+4

(SPOILER)
    OMG I HOPE SOLID SNAKE DOESN'T SHOOT HIMSELF!!!

I have an ultra hi-res version of the first demo video they released. It's purdy.

Meanie I dont know if we will be getting a PS3, but MGS4 does look teh sex!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

This game is the reason I have to get a PS3 sooner or later. But no way in hell I'm getting it at launch.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I'm equally as excited for Portable Ops.

This is going to be the Ultimate game for PS3

I drool a little everytime I think about MGS4. The main reason I'm going to buy a PS3.

The whole you are evil thing just got old.

It's not enough for me to buy a PS3, but should I decide to get one, it'll probably be my first game.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Until that time, I shall download the videos. I'd rather spoil the story myself than read something by accident.

Why the hell is Raiden's return hearalded as a good thing?

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

• Although he'll be playable in the online multiplayer, he's just a supporting character in the main game.
    • He's now a crazy cyber-ninja who can fell a dozen mass-produced Metal Gears without breaking a cyber-sweat.
    • Kojima has stated pretty confidently that, even if you hated Raiden in MGS2, you'll think he's great by the end of this game.
    • Did you say "nerd"?

I still hate Raiden, no matter what.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I didn't want to know the first of those points. ;(. What is the source for it anyway?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

PSM's latest issue has a bunch of Metal Gear news drawn directly from Kojima Productions, including that little fact.

Blog Entries

I hear this game is going to be 'urbanified'. During the game you fight to keep your 'soldier rep' in the warzone 'hood. Conventional weapons have been ditched for gangster 'pieces', and Solid Snake is actually black and wears baggy clothes and top quality bling (the ol' halloween mask and sneaking suit works every time). His name has been changed to Tha Snake.

Terrorists have been replaced with members of your rival hood, the 'Pay Tree Otz', and Metal Gear is actually OC Elot's pimped ride, fully equiped with gats and weed machines. OC Elot is the leader of the Pay Tree Otz, and is out for your blood after a drugs transaction from Columbia went sour after Snake gatecrashed it and stole the 'gear'.

Otacon has been replaced with MC 'Kon, who dishes out tips on blunt rolling etiquette and holding your piece gangsta' style via a little robot called Tic Tac, who also breakdances and tells you the way forward in rap form if the player has been idle for too long. He also comes stocked with ammo for your piece, and spare rolling paper.

Rations have been scrapped, and now you can turn temporarily invincible by drugging yourself up until you feel nothing, and running into the fray with an M16 firing off grenades, screaming 'Say hello to my little friend!'. After this you die. But at least you died with respect.

Saving is done by calling Mei Shwing via Tic Tac, and she spouts off useful gangster taunts that you can use mid-fight with a quick tap of L3. This may or may not cause your respect level to increase, but it sounds cool.

The primary weapon is now the Combat Knife, and not the weedy little butterknife from MGS3, we're talking a full-on surrogated 12 inch steel blade. If a close quarters situation is getting a bit hot, you can stab them in the mudflaps, and a blood red 'HUMILIATION KILL' flashes on the screen, and your respect rises considerably. Snake also dishes out the diss to the dead enemy, with classic lines such as 'word to your mother', and then you teabag them. Other humiliation kills include pushing people off houses on top of other enemies, burning someone's eyes out with your cigars, and stealing an enemy's weapon and unloading it up his chuff.

VR training is now labelled LSD tripping, and involves you honing your gangster skills in a safe environment, with the added quirk of having enemies varying in size, species, and solidity. The final training level has you fighting a gigantic metal gear, but it is made of flowers and somebody called 'Dr. Love' is written all over the walls.

I'm looking forward to it.

there was a picture here