Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast

Thread: why do you hate tidus

Quote Originally Posted by blitz_king10 View Post

Tidus went through way more than Jecht ever did, and although the flashbacks are funny, they're sad if you consider Tidus had two parents who didn't care for him.

Dude, he was only the main character of the game.

You stupid or something??? Ject and Tidus did the exactly the same thing. In fact, Ject had to become SIN, HE HAD TO HOLD BACK SIN FROM THE INSIDE. JECT WAS PULLED OUT OF HIS WORLD, and HE REGRETTED LEAVING TIDUS AND HIS MOTHER (end of game). JECT ALSO HAD A STRONGER RESPOSOBILITY SINCE THERE WAS ONLY 2 GUARDIANS.

Tidus pranced around with 5 other guardians and still had trouble. They followed the path set out by Auron and Ject. Ject planned out Tidus' trip through spira. And held back killing everyone as best as he could.

I wonder what is wrong with Tidus' voice? I mean, I don't have any problem with it. I don't turn the mute button on when he's speaking. I even like the voice acting. So, what's wrong with it? o.O I don't get it why other people feel as if he has a whiny voice, or something like that. I was actually quite surprised that people hate him for the voice.

I actually like him, and as for me, there is no reason to hate him. He kicks arse, and all that.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yojimbosoul, we do NOT call other members stupid on this site. Don't let me see it again.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

OMG this is still open????
    =O

I guess some people will waste energy on hating fictional beings wether we like it or not.

Meh, I didn't mind FFX at all. And I didn't mind Tidus. I didn't hate him. I mean, he certainly wasn't the best lead character Square has put out there. Bartz is. Tidus can't be the best if Bartz is. The most he could hope for is second best. Second to Bartz. And even that's pushing it. Because my understanding is that Galuf is second best. So, I mean, Tidus is kinda outta luck for that. Because after Galuf comes King Giott, from FF4. And that's all I have documented so far. I can't promise where Tidus ranks in. I mean, if Giott beat him out for 3rd place... I mean, we're talking Giott. That guy's like 4 feet tall.

Jeez, that sucks.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1 View Post
    OMG this is still open????
    =O

I guess some people will waste energy on hating fictional beings wether we like it or not.
    agreed, it is a little sad.
    "My freinds,You are my strength,I will never betray you,Never leave you.."
    "Those that look for power leave pain in their wake"
    Courtney. My angel. My love. My heart beats for you always
    Final Fantasy Fan Fic

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbosoul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz_king10 View Post

Tidus went through way more than Jecht ever did, and although the flashbacks are funny, they're sad if you consider Tidus had two parents who didn't care for him.

Dude, he was only the main character of the game.

You stupid or something??? Ject and Tidus did the exactly the same thing. In fact, Ject had to become SIN, HE HAD TO HOLD BACK SIN FROM THE INSIDE. JECT WAS PULLED OUT OF HIS WORLD, and HE REGRETTED LEAVING TIDUS AND HIS MOTHER (end of game). JECT ALSO HAD A STRONGER RESPOSOBILITY SINCE THERE WAS ONLY 2 GUARDIANS.

Tidus pranced around with 5 other guardians and still had trouble. They followed the path set out by Auron and Ject. Ject planned out Tidus' trip through spira. And held back killing everyone as best as he could.
    Jeeze, first you scream at me and now at him?? I think we've pretty much understood that you hate Tidus. Why don't you just, oh what were the words you said to me, "suck it up princess?" Yeah, that's right, suck it up because honestly, your posts are becoming pointless in this thread. Sure Tidus and Jecht did the exact same thing but it all happened for a reason because that's how Square wanted it. Deal with it already, and I agree with Jesta and Jessie...why waste your time and energy on hating a character and making lengthy and rude posts about it? Sheesh >.<

I remember this being a thread about "WHY DO YOU HATE TIDUS"

Not about "I THINK TIDUS IS COOL AND EVERYONE CAN'T BE THEMSELVES AND EVERYTHING MUST GO MY WAY" thread.

I'm allowed to have my own thoughts and if you don't like it, DON'T POST....( or read, if you like).

As Tidus_Girl said: DEAL WITH IT

P.S.......This is true and Nothing is wrong with this post.

Blog Entries

lol irony

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm going to go crawl into my refridgerator.

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbosoul View Post
    I remember this being a thread about "WHY DO YOU HATE TIDUS"

Not about "I THINK TIDUS IS COOL AND EVERYONE CAN'T BE THEMSELVES AND EVERYTHING MUST GO MY WAY" thread.

I'm allowed to have my own thoughts and if you don't like it, DON'T POST....( or read, if you like).

As Tidus_Girl said: DEAL WITH IT

P.S.......This is true and Nothing is wrong with this post.
    You really should stop yelling

people are taking this personal and get a little carried away....its kinda sad hating a fictional character because you dont like his voice, like some other people have said, get over it

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by high summoner yunalesca View Post
    people are taking this personal and get a little carried away....its kinda sad hating a fictional character because you dont like his voice, like some other people have said, get over it

The only reason Im not a Tidus fan is because his backstory is one of the more shallow of the FF mains.

I have my problems with Squall, Cloud, Zidane, Terra (she is the VI main IMHO!!!!), and all the other leads, of course, but they had stories that made me feel sorry for them. The extent of Tidus was "he has/had problems with his parents" umm....okay. So? Youre 17! They all hate their parents! Im sure the fact that he was plunged into a completely different world wouldve added to my sympathy for him, but his "hey, man, whatever" attitude didnt leave much room. People make fun of Squall and Cloud for being "emo", but I'd rather have a main character who was overly emotional than to not seem to care about anything besides his girlfriend. Thats kids for ya.........

But anyways, even when he found out he was a dream it didnt seem to bother him much. "Im not real. Okay, sounds cool". Very two-dimensional. You could physically see Yuna silently suffering over her imminent (or so we thought) fate as a summoner, or see the trouble Wakka had with renouncing his faith, but Tidus just didnt seem to change much.

This is all my views on it, though, so I would appreciate not getting flamed.

And my sig is just a joke. I dont consider him fruity. He is the only FF character to EVAR actually kiss his side dish. While wet, no less! He's the man!

PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow