Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: why do you hate tidus

wouldnt u whine and go on if you went to a whole new place?
    i think hes ok myself.

I never hated him but I never liked him either.....he was just there. Heh. He's probably my least favorite main character but he's still pretty cool.

I dont judge characters by the way they talk or that stuff, I judge from overall there ability in battle. Tidus is pretty awesome and in some aspects surpasses Auron.

But Lulu is the best and my only favorite character in FFX.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

His voice acting is pretty bad, but other than that he was okay. He whined a bit, but he had decent reasons. And in the end, when he sacrificed himself the way he did, I gained a lot of respect for him. So yeah, he's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    But Lulu and Kimahri is the best and my only favorite character in FFX.:love:
    Agreed.

Other things is he didn't act like a leader, Auron is more like it.

As I say, I didn't have any problems about FFX character except Tidus. Eventhough, FFX is my least favourite among all FF, I still think FFX is a great game.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

noone was stopping you and i love tidus i just want ppl to see just how little they actually feel toward him

and noone is forcing you to read the thread
    vivi_ultima whats wrong with tidus
    Well the title of this thread is why do you hate Tidus and people are giving you their reasons. We all dont have the same opinions.

I just disliked his voice, it was sweet that he wanted to protect Yuna no matter what and become one of her gurdians, he could have just walked away.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

i just waned to know if anybody had a good reason why they dont like tidus and most say his voice so not many really dislike him at all

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Eh, I used to think Tidus was quite annoying~ But I've learned to LIKE him, yeah, he can be whiny and all that, but he does have some cracking lines, like ''I hate you, Dad'' -- best one so far! ;D But his most annoying line is ''Live and let live'' or ''I won't go so easy on you next time!'' -- Cheesy to the high heavens.

But yeah, I LIKE him~
    To be forgotten is worse than death - Freya Crescent

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

He is taken and under age :P

Blog Entries

He's annoying, I hated the voices and I just hated his character. He sucked. as did the rest of the game.

Blog Entries

"Would you not hate a man who hates his father"-i'm kidding.Tidus is cool.AND FFX DIDN'T SUCK

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_ultima
    That was another problem I had. Unlike all previous heroes, he never really led the part, just was an important part of it. If anything, Auron and Yuna were the leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    That was another problem I had. Unlike all previous heroes, he never really led the part, just was an important part of it. If anything, Auron and Yuna were the leaders.
    When times were crucial/dangerous and SAD, who was there to make things better? He played a major part in the game, as we know, Sin is Tidus' father, and HE is the one who must lead the party through it all. It does seem apparent that UNLIKE MOST FFs *cough* IX *cough* VII, FFX gives importance to ALL of the characters. That's why people like Auron and Yuna and Wakka, Kihmari, etc.

This is one of the few FFs which REALLY gives importance to other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    When times were crucial/dangerous and SAD, who was there to make things better? He played a major part in the game, as we know, Sin is Tidus' father, and HE is the one who must lead the party through it all. It does seem apparent that UNLIKE MOST FFs *cough* IX *cough* VII, FFX gives importance to ALL of the characters. That's why people like Auron and Yuna and Wakka, Kihmari, etc.

This is one of the few FFs which REALLY gives importance to other characters.
    True, he did try to cheer people up, I will not deny that, but he didn't LEAD the party. He was necessary for defeating Sin, but his necessity does not make him a leader. To be a leader, you have to, you know, LEAD.

EDIT: Wow, I'm playing this game too much. I just said "you know"... *Goes to bathe self to clean away the sin*

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Only americans hate Tidus, in other countries such as Japan they embrace him to death.
    Lol. Japanese love him because he looks American, and a lot of Japanese people love America and the style of American guys. Typically, blonde hair and blue eyes. The voice acting is just a huge factor that made me dislike Tidus, it was terrible, it pierced my eardrums. Ow.
    But, I hated him as much as I hated Yuna. Especially with that scene... the one right after Luca, when they have that whole scene about laughing... terribly. Oh god. Nightmares. Nightmares. Nightmares.

*cough* Now to back up my first little reason or whatever you wanna call it, take a look at DBZ. Characters are Asian at first, yeah? Brown/black hair, brown/black eyes... typical Asian, crazy hair, stuff like that. Then, they power up and become super strong. What happens to them? They turn American. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Japanese --> American. That's just how it is. =P

Thank you Hysterian!