Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: why do you hate tidus

Because he is not Lulu.

The whole you are evil thing just got old.

i don't like Tidus' voice. it oftens elevates to a squeaky (or whatever you may want to call it) tone. overall, he's one of the best characters to fight with...

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi_ultima
    Other things is he didn't act like a leader, Auron is more like it.
    That was another problem I had. Unlike all previous heroes, he never really led the part, just was an important part of it. If anything, Auron and Yuna were the leaders.
    When times were crucial/dangerous and SAD, who was there to make things better? He played a major part in the game, as we know, Sin is Tidus' father, and HE is the one who must lead the party through it all. It does seem apparent that UNLIKE MOST FFs *cough* IX *cough* VII, FFX gives importance to ALL of the characters. That's why people like Auron and Yuna and Wakka, Kihmari, etc.

This is one of the few FFs which REALLY gives importance to other characters.
    True, he did try to cheer people up, I will not deny that, but he didn't LEAD the party. He was necessary for defeating Sin, but his necessity does not make him a leader. To be a leader, you have to, you know, LEAD.

EDIT: Wow, I'm playing this game too much. I just said "you know"... *Goes to bathe self to clean away the sin*
    Ok buddy, you can go play FFVII and that Vincent game now. It IS OBVIOUS that your biasness is MASSIVE.

I stick to what I said.

If you want characters like Cloud who OVERSHADOW ALL of the other characters then that's fine.

What the heck did Yuffie do in FFVII anyway? and Cid, he was just important for 'bout 3 seconds, talked a lot as if he was tough then didn't really mean much, same goes for most characters except Cloud and Sephiroth.

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    Only americans hate Tidus, in other countries such as Japan they embrace him to death.
    I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Japanese love him because he looks American, and a lot of Japanese people love America and the style of American guys. Typically, blonde hair and blue eyes. The voice acting is just a huge factor that made me dislike Tidus, it was terrible, it pierced my eardrums. Ow.
    But, I hated him as much as I hated Yuna. Especially with that scene... the one right after Luca, when they have that whole scene about laughing... terribly. Oh god. Nightmares. Nightmares. Nightmares.

*cough* Now to back up my first little reason or whatever you wanna call it, take a look at DBZ. Characters are Asian at first, yeah? Brown/black hair, brown/black eyes... typical Asian, crazy hair, stuff like that. Then, they power up and become super strong. What happens to them? They turn American. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Japanese --> American. That's just how it is. =P
    so then...Hitler would of loved them then lol when they "power up"

That was another problem I had. Unlike all previous heroes, he never really led the part, just was an important part of it. If anything, Auron and Yuna were the leaders.
    When times were crucial/dangerous and SAD, who was there to make things better? He played a major part in the game, as we know, Sin is Tidus' father, and HE is the one who must lead the party through it all. It does seem apparent that UNLIKE MOST FFs *cough* IX *cough* VII, FFX gives importance to ALL of the characters. That's why people like Auron and Yuna and Wakka, Kihmari, etc.

True, he did try to cheer people up, I will not deny that, but he didn't LEAD the party. He was necessary for defeating Sin, but his necessity does not make him a leader. To be a leader, you have to, you know, LEAD.

EDIT: Wow, I'm playing this game too much. I just said "you know"... *Goes to bathe self to clean away the sin*
    Ok buddy, you can go play FFVII and that Vincent game now. It IS OBVIOUS that your biasness is MASSIVE.

I stick to what I said.

If you want characters like Cloud who OVERSHADOW ALL of the other characters then that's fine.

What the heck did Yuffie do in FFVII anyway? and Cid, he was just important for 'bout 3 seconds, talked a lot as if he was tough then didn't really mean much, same goes for most characters except Cloud and Sephiroth.
    Cloud didn't overshadow all the character, play the game.

About Yuffie, she is optional anyway. Games with optional character such as VI and VII is unique. Without them, you can still continue the storyline and with them, it's more better. Yuffie have her own sidequest.

Cloud is the protagonist, he lead the party, only Cid cover him when he's out of party.
    Barret has his story, if you play the game, you see when Barret's story start.
    Tifa is the protagonist, she pretty much help the party and useful to storyline.
    Aeris is another protagonist, her main role is outstanding, just that she got killed.
    Cid also another great character, he appear as the captain of Highwind, become the leader Cloud is gone, he has his own story in Disc 2.
    Nanaki story is same as Barret, it starts after Barret's.
    Cait Sith is not very useful in battle but he did prove something in the story, he tell about Shin-Ra, sacrifice himself for the party.
    Vincent and Yuffie is completely optional, but they have their own sidequest to know a lot about them.

The same goes for IX, the character even proves more meaningful than FFVII.

Whatever, at least, Cloud, Zidane and Vincent is a lot cooler than Tidus.

And another things is most of the previous FF don't have all characters journeying together, 4/3 of them continue while the others stay in the airship.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

I stick to what I said.

Cloud didn't overshadow all the character, play the game.

About Yuffie, she is optional anyway. Games with optional character such as VI and VII is unique. Without them, you can still continue the storyline and with them, it's more better. Yuffie have her own sidequest.

Cloud is the protagonist, he lead the party, only Cid cover him when he's out of party.
    Barret has his story, if you play the game, you see when Barret's story start.
    Tifa is the protagonist, she pretty much help the party and useful to storyline.
    Aeris is another protagonist, her main role is outstanding, just that she got killed.
    Cid also another great character, he appear as the captain of Highwind, become the leader Cloud is gone, he has his own story in Disc 2.
    Nanaki story is same as Barret, it starts after Barret's.
    Cait Sith is not very useful in battle but he did prove something in the story, he tell about Shin-Ra, sacrifice himself for the party.
    Vincent and Yuffie is completely optional, but they have their own sidequest to know a lot about them.

The same goes for IX, the character even proves more meaningful than FFVII.

Whatever, at least, Cloud, Zidane and Vincent is a lot cooler than Tidus.

And another things is most of the previous FF don't have all characters journeying together, 4/3 of them continue while the others stay in the airship.
    First, to DeathKnight: How is anything you said relivent to my response? All I said was that Tidus wasn't a leader. I never said I wanted a character that overshadowed everyone, I just said that he should have been able to be a real leader and decision maker instead of just another guardian who happens to have stronger ties to whats going on.

And I agree entirely with what vivi_ultima said. All of the characters have there own major parts to play, other than Yuffie and Vincent, whose are optional anyway. True, some characters, like Barret and Nanaki, get overshadowed in later parts of the story, but they still have there roles to play. Besides, like vivi_ultima said, they aren't with the party the whole time. They are off on there own, which is the point of the cell phone to call them to your aid.

I'm not biased, I love FFX (though I do like FFVII more), I just think Tidus should have been a real leader, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by mega_tonberry
    Because he is not Lulu.
    lol
    warriorboy && battlingbard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Past passado
    "Would you not hate a man who hates his father"-i'm kidding.Tidus is cool.AND FFX DIDN'T SUCK
    I'm sorry but the voice acting completely ruined this game and any FF after that has it.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

hes a bit wimpy and whiney and just too unlikable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

DK, I love your bias - you go on and have a go at other people, when you're falling into the same trap?

I never liked Tidus, simply because of the same reason FFVII,VIII,X-2's heroes fell into - they had poor characteristics, they werent played well, I didn't like how they behaved in the game. Shame no other characters are like Zidane and Locke.

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Blog Entries

Cloud was nothing liek Squall and Tidus, they complained and cried all day. Cloud killed peopl then [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] on their faces.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

tidus is definitely the leader if it wasnt for him yuna wouldve sacrificed her life and a guardians so the spiral continues he is the person that gives yuna the confidence to continue her pilgrimage

auron never did anything leadershiplike he was just an adviser leaders let the team have fun but know when to get to work they could have stayed at the moonflow for a couple of hours but auron advised them not to even though it wouldnt have hurt

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    tidus is definitely the leader if it wasnt for him yuna wouldve sacrificed her life and a guardians so the spiral continues he is the person that gives yuna the confidence to continue her pilgrimage

auron never did anything leadershiplike he was just an adviser leaders let the team have fun but know when to get to work they could have stayed at the moonflow for a couple of hours but auron advised them not to even though it wouldnt have hurt
    You tell 'em! eiko guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    Cloud was nothing liek Squall and Tidus, they complained and cried all day. Cloud killed peopl then [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] on their faces.
    you sound like a 6 year old, sorry:chuckle:

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy

#1: Yes, like you said, he was an important member that effected Yuna's decision, but like I said, just because it is necessary for you to be there for the events to take place doesn't mean your the leader.

2: If Tidus was the leader and Auron wasn't, they WOULD have stayed in the Moonflow. But they followed Auron instead of Tidus. Thus, Auron: Leader (Or at least more of a leader), Tidus: Just an important member.

Hell I can go on a rampage 'bout how MUCH I hate how caucasian males talk
    ROFL, I agree.