Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: why do you hate tidus

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    tidus is definitely the leader if it wasnt for him yuna wouldve sacrificed her life and a guardians so the spiral continues he is the person that gives yuna the confidence to continue her pilgrimage

auron never did anything leadershiplike he was just an adviser leaders let the team have fun but know when to get to work they could have stayed at the moonflow for a couple of hours but auron advised them not to even though it wouldnt have hurt
    #1: Yes, like you said, he was an important member that effected Yuna's decision, but like I said, just because it is necessary for you to be there for the events to take place doesn't mean your the leader.

2: If Tidus was the leader and Auron wasn't, they WOULD have stayed in the Moonflow. But they followed Auron instead of Tidus. Thus, Auron: Leader (Or at least more of a leader), Tidus: Just an important member.
    stop your fanboyism for "tough" guys, GOD!

We don't need a 500 inch swordsman main characters in every FF.

You can love Auron all you want, but you're taking it to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight

Hell I can go on a rampage 'bout how MUCH I hate how caucasian males talk
    ROFL, I agree.
    Yes I HAVE TO EMPHASIZE THAT. 'cause believe me, if they would've ALLOWED a african american or latino guy to do FF voices, woooooooooooooooooh! it would've kicked ass 10x over any caucasian's voice.

Anyway, it's PATHETIC to dislike a character because of her/his voice.

No wonder people don't like americans, they make such a big fuss 'bout how people talk.

if you have a latin accent, they LABEL you/don't like you.
    if you have an asian accent, they LABEL you/don't like you.

There was never a moment where Tidus bothered me at all. X was my first true RPG, and it amazed me from the getgo. I grew pretty attached to Tidus, and I still am. His innocence is endearing to me.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

they only listen to auron that time cuz he advises them to tidus leads them into sin and into bevelle tidus saves yuna from being kidnapped by the albhed in luca

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Anyway, it's PATHETIC to dislike a character because of her/his voice.
    I didn't like Tidus just because of his voice, I dislike him because of his leadership. Setzer is right, Zidane and Locke is a perfect leader but Edgar is better.

Tidus cry when his father die.
    Cloud didn't cry when Aeris die.

they only listen to auron that time cuz he advises them to tidus leads them into sin and into bevelle tidus saves yuna from being kidnapped by the albhed in luca
    Lulu is the one. If she never tell Tidus, Yuna is probably sleeping in Summoner's Sanctum by now.

As I said before, I don't have any problems with FFX character except Tidus.
    Last edited by Dell; 06-17-2006 at 08:52 AM.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

tidus is definitely the leader if it wasnt for him yuna wouldve sacrificed her life and a guardians so the spiral continues he is the person that gives yuna the confidence to continue her pilgrimage

auron never did anything leadershiplike he was just an adviser leaders let the team have fun but know when to get to work they could have stayed at the moonflow for a couple of hours but auron advised them not to even though it wouldnt have hurt
    #1: Yes, like you said, he was an important member that effected Yuna's decision, but like I said, just because it is necessary for you to be there for the events to take place doesn't mean your the leader.

2: If Tidus was the leader and Auron wasn't, they WOULD have stayed in the Moonflow. But they followed Auron instead of Tidus. Thus, Auron: Leader (Or at least more of a leader), Tidus: Just an important member.

What ARE you talking about!? I'm not saying all of this because I love Auron or I hate Tidus, nor do I have an obsession for the tough guy, I am just saying that Tidus WASN'T A LEADER. I don't care that he wasn't a badass with a giant sword, I just wish he had actually led the party. Personally, one of my favorite leaders in Final Fantasy games was Locke. Was he a badass with a giant sword?

*Clears throat* Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is stated rather well by a scene on Mt. Gagazet between Rikku an Tidus, before Seymour appears. The two are having a conversation about finding a way to save Yuna, and Tidus says (Not sure if this is exact quote or not) Tidus: When we get to Zanarkand, we'll find a wasy! We just don't know enough yet. Rikku follows this by saying (This is an exact quote)

Rikku: Hey... Just now, you sounded like a leader, you know?

Now think about this line for a minute. This suggests that, until now, Rikku had never considered him a leader. As I have been trying to say, to the rest of the party just considered him another gaurdian who happened to have stronger ties to the events taking place.

A few seconds after this, Rikku sees Seymour and Tidus turns to face him. He says this:

Tidus: Rikku, run and tell Auron.

Now, he could have just told her to go get the others, or have even said go get Yuna, but instead he asked her to get Auron. This suggest that EVEN Tidus considered him there leader, not himself.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm getting into this argument too deep with this. I didn't intentionally go and look this up, I just noticed it while I was playing the game last night. (I'm on my fourth playthrough right now)

What ARE you talking about!? I'm not saying all of this because I love Auron or I hate Tidus, nor do I have an obsession for the tough guy, I am just saying that Tidus WASN'T A LEADER. I don't care that he wasn't a badass with a giant sword, I just wish he had actually led the party. Personally, one of my favorite leaders in Final Fantasy games was Locke. Was he a badass with a giant sword?

*Clears throat* Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is stated rather well by a scene on Mt. Gagazet between Rikku an Tidus, before Seymour appears. The two are having a conversation about finding a way to save Yuna, and Tidus says (Not sure if this is exact quote or not) Tidus: When we get to Zanarkand, we'll find a wasy! We just don't know enough yet. Rikku follows this by saying (This is an exact quote)

Rikku: Hey... Just now, you sounded like a leader, you know?

Now think about this line for a minute. This suggests that, until now, Rikku had never considered him a leader. As I have been trying to say, to the rest of the party just considered him another gaurdian who happened to have stronger ties to the events taking place.

A few seconds after this, Rikku sees Seymour and Tidus turns to face him. He says this:

Tidus: Rikku, run and tell Auron.

Now, he could have just told her to go get the others, or have even said go get Yuna, but instead he asked her to get Auron. This suggest that EVEN Tidus considered him there leader, not himself.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm getting into this argument too deep with this. I didn't intentionally go and look this up, I just noticed it while I was playing the game last night. (I'm on my fourth playthrough right now)
    he did lead the party, play the game.

We'll ENDLESSLY go on like this, let's just say we have DIFFERENT EYES and the devil knows we do.

tidus wasnt the leader through the whole game first auron is teaching him then tidus is leading rikku then wakka is leading him to besaid next its someone leading them to a dock at the beginning he cant lead because he doesnt know the world then in bikanel he leads them through home even though rikku could then he leads them through calm lands and mt gagazet hes sad so hes near the back and in zanarkand hes the one that gets them throughg yunalesca lulu would have died for it now o the airship at all confrontations after that he is always seen in the front of the group

tidus wasnt the leader through the whole game first auron is teaching him then tidus is leading rikku then wakka is leading him to besaid next its someone leading them to a dock at the beginning he cant lead because he doesnt know the world
    How would you say about Zidane? He never gone to other continent besides Mist Continent.

then in bikanel he leads them through home even though rikku could then he leads them through calm lands and mt gagazethes sad so hes near the back and in zanarkand hes the one that gets them throughg yunalesca lulu would have died for it now o the airship at all confrontations after that he is always seen in the front of the group
    Actually you lead the party since you're controlling as Tidus.
    Rikku is the one who lead the party to Home, I won't say much about this, since this is Rikku's home, so she knows.
    Nope, he didn't lead them to Calm Lands and Mt. Gagazet. It is Lulu and Wakka, Yuna also play some parts in this, and Auron is the leader at that time.

EDIT - Can we just close this thread, there won't be war if it's closed.

sure i just wanted to see if there were any really good reasons why ppl don't like tidus and zidane led becuz noone in his party had been there either but in X the team seems to have been everywhere beforehand

i can't believe tidus has actually got haterz i thought everyone loved tidus he ain't a bad character at all apart from da shortz hez cool hahaha

sure i just wanted to see if there were any really good reasons why ppl don't like tidus and zidane led becuz noone in his party had been there either but in X the team seems to have been everywhere beforehand
    What about Eiko and Amarant?

i can't believe tidus has actually got haterz i thought everyone loved tidus
    You thought wrong.

wtf is a partronist? and i like Tidus (hence mi name)

but you dont meet eiko and amarant until later through the continent and amarant is too much of a loner to lead

Lulu Crushes like everyone.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.