Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: why do you hate tidus

wtf is a partronist
    I think they mean protagonist. It means leader and main character. So some people call a lead part in a film, book, play or game the protagonist instead of lead character.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    tidus is definitely the leader if it wasnt for him yuna wouldve sacrificed her life and a guardians so the spiral continues he is the person that gives yuna the confidence to continue her pilgrimage

auron never did anything leadershiplike he was just an adviser leaders let the team have fun but know when to get to work they could have stayed at the moonflow for a couple of hours but auron advised them not to even though it wouldnt have hurt
    #1: Yes, like you said, he was an important member that effected Yuna's decision, but like I said, just because it is necessary for you to be there for the events to take place doesn't mean your the leader.

2: If Tidus was the leader and Auron wasn't, they WOULD have stayed in the Moonflow. But they followed Auron instead of Tidus. Thus, Auron: Leader (Or at least more of a leader), Tidus: Just an important member.
    stop your fanboyism for "tough" guys, GOD!

We don't need a 500 inch swordsman main characters in every FF.

You can love Auron all you want, but you're taking it to another level.
    What ARE you talking about!? I'm not saying all of this because I love Auron or I hate Tidus, nor do I have an obsession for the tough guy, I am just saying that Tidus WASN'T A LEADER. I don't care that he wasn't a badass with a giant sword, I just wish he had actually led the party. Personally, one of my favorite leaders in Final Fantasy games was Locke. Was he a badass with a giant sword?

*Clears throat* Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is stated rather well by a scene on Mt. Gagazet between Rikku an Tidus, before Seymour appears. The two are having a conversation about finding a way to save Yuna, and Tidus says (Not sure if this is exact quote or not) Tidus: When we get to Zanarkand, we'll find a wasy! We just don't know enough yet. Rikku follows this by saying (This is an exact quote)

Rikku: Hey... Just now, you sounded like a leader, you know?

Now think about this line for a minute. This suggests that, until now, Rikku had never considered him a leader. As I have been trying to say, to the rest of the party just considered him another gaurdian who happened to have stronger ties to the events taking place.

A few seconds after this, Rikku sees Seymour and Tidus turns to face him. He says this:

Tidus: Rikku, run and tell Auron.

Now, he could have just told her to go get the others, or have even said go get Yuna, but instead he asked her to get Auron. This suggest that EVEN Tidus considered him there leader, not himself.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm getting into this argument too deep with this. I didn't intentionally go and look this up, I just noticed it while I was playing the game last night. (I'm on my fourth playthrough right now)
    he did lead the party, play the game.

We'll ENDLESSLY go on like this, let's just say we have DIFFERENT EYES and the devil knows we do.
    Convienent. Can't think of anything else to say, so you just try to avoid continuing. Fine, I'll say no more. I'm wasting my time on you anyway.

P.S. I have played the game, probably more than you.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't hate Tida's character, hate his english VA. He definitely doesn't look like a five year old in those FMVs, at any rate. Such a shame, I felt the other characters had perfectly appropriate VAs. (Auron, Lulu, Yuna, etc.)

i dont like tidus because he isent strong like cloud or squall come on aurons an old man and he could kill tidus no problem at all

and a bad ass with a big sword should lead there more experanced in battel then pepole like tidus he looked like he never held a sword in his life when auron gave him his old mans sword and thats way auron was the leader or the party in ff10 not tidus like wakka sade aurons the best

[leeza]Do not post more than once in a row. Use the edit/delete button if you wish to add to your post. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

then cloud would not have been the leader of his party and i know that upsets the fanboys

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

The thing that bothered me most about Tidus was the way his voice acting was done - it did, as some have mentioned earlier, sound very much akin to that of a five year from time to time. And it seemed that he recieved numerous lines throughout the game that really didn't add anything other than point out obvious occurances.

However, I will say that as the story matures, I found Tidus to also follow suit. I am not entirely sure if this is in fact a truth, but, in my personal play-thrus, he steadily became tolerable, and later added some to it. This, however, could be due to the idea that I have finally adapted to his... statements and voice acting... by that point through the game.

So really, perhaps Tidus' largest flaw is that most people are expecting the 'bad-ass' character that leads the party to victory. Tidus doesn't wield an impossible sword (he in fact struggles when he's handed one) - he seems much more... bound to reality? than the other 'heroes' I've encountered while playing the Final Fantasies.

but you dont meet eiko and amarant until later through the continent and amarant is too much of a loner to lead
    You don't meet with Rikku until Rikku save his butt. Same goes for Wakka, Yuna etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Lulu Crushes like everyone.
    QFT.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

tidus is definitely the leader if it wasnt for him yuna wouldve sacrificed her life and a guardians so the spiral continues he is the person that gives yuna the confidence to continue her pilgrimage

auron never did anything leadershiplike he was just an adviser leaders let the team have fun but know when to get to work they could have stayed at the moonflow for a couple of hours but auron advised them not to even though it wouldnt have hurt
    #1: Yes, like you said, he was an important member that effected Yuna's decision, but like I said, just because it is necessary for you to be there for the events to take place doesn't mean your the leader.

2: If Tidus was the leader and Auron wasn't, they WOULD have stayed in the Moonflow. But they followed Auron instead of Tidus. Thus, Auron: Leader (Or at least more of a leader), Tidus: Just an important member.

What ARE you talking about!? I'm not saying all of this because I love Auron or I hate Tidus, nor do I have an obsession for the tough guy, I am just saying that Tidus WASN'T A LEADER. I don't care that he wasn't a badass with a giant sword, I just wish he had actually led the party. Personally, one of my favorite leaders in Final Fantasy games was Locke. Was he a badass with a giant sword?

*Clears throat* Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is stated rather well by a scene on Mt. Gagazet between Rikku an Tidus, before Seymour appears. The two are having a conversation about finding a way to save Yuna, and Tidus says (Not sure if this is exact quote or not) Tidus: When we get to Zanarkand, we'll find a wasy! We just don't know enough yet. Rikku follows this by saying (This is an exact quote)

Now think about this line for a minute. This suggests that, until now, Rikku had never considered him a leader. As I have been trying to say, to the rest of the party just considered him another gaurdian who happened to have stronger ties to the events taking place.

A few seconds after this, Rikku sees Seymour and Tidus turns to face him. He says this:

Now, he could have just told her to go get the others, or have even said go get Yuna, but instead he asked her to get Auron. This suggest that EVEN Tidus considered him there leader, not himself.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm getting into this argument too deep with this. I didn't intentionally go and look this up, I just noticed it while I was playing the game last night. (I'm on my fourth playthrough right now)

We'll ENDLESSLY go on like this, let's just say we have DIFFERENT EYES and the devil knows we do.
    Convienent. Can't think of anything else to say, so you just try to avoid continuing. Fine, I'll say no more. I'm wasting my time on you anyway.

Stop praising yourself.

And no you haven't played the game more than me.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

DeathKnight: For the last time...stop forcing your opinions on everyone and arguing with others about theirs. Stop it now or the next time you come in here you will be seeing a pink title beside your name.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Stop praising yourself.

And no you haven't played the game more than me.
    Then stop calling me a psychotic Auron fanboy/Tidus hater when I haven't said anything to suggest that.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Turkslayer: This is a warning to you as well. Do not continue these arguments because it makes you just as bad. If you have a problem with something/someone, use the warn button.

What the two of you are doing here is personal and off-topic and does not belong in threads.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    Turkslayer: This is a warning to you as well. Do not continue these arguments because it makes you just as bad. If you have a problem with something/someone, use the warn button.

What the two of you are doing here is personal and off-topic and does not belong in threads.
    I understand. Very sorry, I didn't intend for this to get out of hand. I'll just leave it at this.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Everyone hates him because he is optimistic and sounds maybe 15 or 14 instead of 17.
    He's not as emo as oh, say, Squall or Cloud.

If I didnt have Tidus in my party, I'd be majorly screwed.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

He may not be as kickass as Auron but I raised him to be a fast, quick hitting, hit whoring machine. Without him it would be no fun and my impatience would make me destroy the disk. I hate him because he's annoying, has a bad voice actor and his weapons are too small. The thing is, Squall was uber emo, cloud was screwed up, Zidane was a punk and we need something Unique for Tidus.

LET THE HAMMER FALL