Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: why do you hate tidus

I've completely not read this thread because I know all it consists of is "Tidus sucks, he's a crybaby and acts like a girl."

Okay okay sure. But put yourself in his shoes. If you were shipped off to another planet, not knowing anyone, about anything, and suddenly trying to save a world that you don't even belong in.. you wouldn't be so calm. You'd be crying too.

Anyway Tidus wasn't that great of a hero in the beginning, but throughout the game his character develops and he grows on you in leaps and bounds. That's what happened with me. At the beginning, I was like, Tidus is just another character to me, but by the end I grew to really like his character.

Just cause the voice acting was somewhat crappy in this game, it's better than not having anything at all. They did improve with X-2, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by feona17
    I've completely not read this thread because I know all it consists of is "Tidus sucks, he's a crybaby and acts like a girl."

Okay okay sure. But put yourself in his shoes. If you were shipped off to another planet, not knowing anyone, about anything, and suddenly trying to save a world that you don't even belong in.. you wouldn't be so calm. You'd be crying too.

Anyway Tidus wasn't that great of a hero in the beginning, but throughout the game his character develops and he grows on you in leaps and bounds. That's what happened with me. At the beginning, I was like, Tidus is just another character to me, but by the end I grew to really like his character.

Just cause the voice acting was somewhat crappy in this game, it's better than not having anything at all. They did improve with X-2, so that's good.
    are u reffering to the ending movie? (Just cause the voice acting was somewhat crappy in this game, it's better than not having anything at all. They did improve with X-2, so that's good.[/QUOTE] )
    "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

Quote Originally Posted by mesmerized
    Quote Originally Posted by feona17

are u reffering to the ending movie? (Just cause the voice acting was somewhat crappy in this game, it's better than not having anything at all. They did improve with X-2, so that's good.
    )[/QUOTE]

I'm referring to (SPOILER) When Tidus returns at the end of X-2, and he sounds super nice. Even though it's the same voice actor.

Moogle Why?

Hey ppl i jus joined here and i saw this fingy why do some ppl hate tidus lyk i admit i dont lyk his voice but hes so cute and sweet..... personally i love him to bits lyk......

luv yunz

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I guess to summarize, everything you all hate about him, we love.

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    vivi_ultima whats wrong with tidus i dont see cloud taking his own life so others can live i dont see any other protagonists that have a whole makeout scene clouud gets all depressed and never undepresses and squall yeah they're loners but thats no reason to love them

and if tidus wasnt there kinahri would be gone or yuna would have been killed in macalania
    First of all, I'm sure any of those charicters would have donw the same thing as tidus had they found themselvs in that situation.

Secoundly, I'm fine with Tidus. Sure he wasnt the obvios leader of the gruop like Airon or Yuna, but that was just part of his charicter. He was just a diffrent twist on what most people persive to be the big hero leader type. He brought many diffrent aspects to the game as the main charicter, and I respect that.

Props to Owen Macwere for my kick as* sig

KH Survivor Character- Cloud

This game toatly destroys all other free online rpg''s out there. You have to check this out, it's really fun. Think Ragnorok Online, only free and with less people.http://www.kuyaro.net/

I liked him at the start, he was cheerful and optimistic. But towards the end he got annoying and hard to tolerate. I don't hate him, but some of the other lead male characters are better.

I don't hate Tidus, I just don't like how he can get cocky sometimes.
    Signature Under Construction

I read about halfway through the thread... into the "leadership" discussion... and I thought I'd just throw in my two cents.

Tidus was not a leader to the group. Argue that if you will, but it doesn't change the fact. He was nowhere near as important to the group/to saving the world as say... Squall (I use Squall because ffviii and ffx are the only ff's I've played recently). However, THAT DOESN'T MATTER. The story was about him. It was about how HE got swept up into a foreign world, and how he and the friends he met eventually saved it. Does anyone remember the scene where Auron and Tidus get sucked into Sin at the beginning, in Zanarkand? I remember Auron saying something like, "This is it. This is your story." It's clear that Tidus was never meant to be a leader, he was just the central character of the story we saw. If we saw the game primarily through another characters eyes (Wakka, for example), things would seem alot different, but that would not make Wakka a leader. We saw the game from Tidus' POV because his story happened to be the most interesting (though Auron's might have been pretty cool too :P), and not because he was the leader.

C'mon C'mon

I think he's a pretty good character
    Caladbolg is great
    He rules my blitzball league
    Shuyin is rubbish
    (Easiest last boss ever!)

Tidus isnt that bad of a character.... but i do have to say at the beginnig of the game he whined too much and it just got on my nerves seeing him like that but as the game progressed, i guess he began to understand to not whine anymore, since of what Yjna had to do......

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

some of you have given me valid answers but some actually dont make sense

runouni k master: his problem is weak daddy isuues
    squall didn't have a problem he was just born antisocial.
    cloud has a problem that he doesnt reallly know
    but tidus' problem is much bigger than that he isn't real he is just a dream now tell me which woukd you want least? being friendless not existing or identity issues

he is the best leader from any fantasy that i have played. He lead his team to his death noone but him has to die he kills his own father who we see that he loves just so everyone can be at peace

squall led his team to possible death he would probably have sayed "screw this i want to live let someone else handle it" but tidus went to where it would be his sure death that is noble

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Eiko:

First off... growing up at an orphanage, and then losing your only real friend/ source of support (Ellone) were what caused Squall to be anti-social. He wasn't born that way, and really.... he doesn't end up that way.

squall led his team to possible death he would probably have sayed "screw this i want to live let someone else handle it" but tidus went to where it would be his sure death that is noble
    What game did you play? :rolleyes2 Remember the big space rescue? Squall risked his life there....

....besides, I'm not arguing that Tidus wasn't brave, or that he wouldn't sacrifice himself. He most definately was brave.

he is the best leader from any fantasy that i have played. He lead his team to his death noone but him has to die he kills his own father who we see that he loves just so everyone can be at peace
    No, again... he wasn't a leader. The protagonist is not always the leader, and Tidus is a great example. Really, the leader is Yuna. It's HER pilgrimage, and her guardians are just there to protect her. The story we see is based around Tidus' experiences, but he does NOT lead in the same way as Squall does (and Cloud, if I remember correctly), no matter how important to the story he is.

Now... I don't dislike him because he isn't the leader... that just made the story interesting to me. I don't really like Tidus for other reasons though. His voice did play a part, I'll admit... I can't stand it... and usually try to ignore it and read the subtitles. Other than that though, he is too childish. He even shouted "Make me!!" in the scene before the first fight with Seymour. He tries to act tough, when it's painfully obvious to everyone that he's a crybaby. The last thing that gets me... is his overconfidence. I mean, in some situations, it's a good thing, but he takes it wayyyy too far....

Despite all that, he's not a terrible character. He's a bit hard to relate to though, because he's in such a wierd position (I can't say I know what it feels like to go 1000 years through time ), but at least he's interesting... and a bit less predictable than Squall.

(alright I'll stop with the ffviii comparisons)

I liked Tidus alot. A great name for an awesome main character IMO.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It was Tidus's story. Everyone has a story, some are dull, and some aren't. We were simply viewing one of millions of stories.