Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314 LastLast

Thread: why do you hate tidus

i quite like tidus , i find that hes not whiney or annoying , to me he's a great main character but i guess that just my opinion......

Fine fine fine ... I won't yell.....

But still, he really should get himself together. ( Especially the scene where in his dream, he has to choose to who he'd be with.....( in the begining))

Anyway, if I didn't know about his past and started in the middle of the game, I'd might just like him ( without any cut-scenes )

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbosoul View Post
    Tidus is ......... well ........ Bratty in my view. He seems to hate change and he interperates everything so slowly. He can't accept his life, so he relies on others to drag him throught life. He coulden't care less for any one else, like the people that died in the begining, and only thought for himself, and trying to get home. When the truth bores into him, he fights Sin hoping it to pull him back into the past, instead of living a normal life.

Closer to the end, he seems to have grows out of his childish views, and now his goal is to.............. kill his father......( he didn't change after all)
    OK, that describes most of the main characters in the FF's I've played. Reluctant leader, or selfish, or preoccupied, etc., or some mixture. I prefer flawed characters, because they are more realistic, and they leave more room for development.

His goal was to kill his father....and thereby free his father from the shame of living a life as a murderous slave of Yu Yevon. Also, it was to permanently end the suffering of Spira (at least as that suffering pertained to Sin).

He knew that in doing so, he would end the Fayths' dreams, and cause himself to disappear, yet he went through with it anyway- not selfish at all.

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

I hate him cuz he's too much like me...
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Anyway, if I didn't know about his past and started in the middle of the game, I'd might just like him ( without any cut-scenes )
    If you started in the middle of the game, who wouldn't know how to work the Sphere Grid
    This is a signature.

Dude, Its so easy to use the Sphere Grid. Its basic and straight forward.

To hate Tidus or not...

Ok I do not hate Tidus 100%, in fact there are some aspects to him I do like, sadly the bad outweighs the good.

After playing X the first time through I realised he reminded me of a real life "kid" I once knew, aside from the yuna parts and the hating his dad part this "kid" was the spitting image of tightass, only his hair was about a foot longer.

This kid even sounded like pansy little wimp too, ok maybe he did not whine as much but his voice was very close, and he was just as stupid, this is no joke! The only dif is Tidus does not sit around moping smoking pot all day or acting like skater clown.

For me what is bad about Tidus is this, and yes I am aware of Squal and Cloud, but Tidus takes the cake for most unmasculine ( but more childish ) male star of any FF imo...I have yet to play 12 but that guy is looking ( I wont judge him till I find out his character behaviour and story ) like a close second.

I know he was a blitzball player so his clothing reflects this, but I hate sports I really do, I found his armor cool looking but the yellow clothing and his running shoes were just too funny and silly to take the character seriously from the start of the game. My first thoughts from the start was jock airhead little kid, I mean he embodies ALL of that but not in a flattering way, in a really pathetic "you feel sorry his father did not pull out" sorta way you know ?

I can honestly feel sympathy for jecht having to even know this person, let alone him being his son, I would feel terrible having such a worthless wimpy wretch of a crybaby son hahaha. Jecht was nothing but a super type masculine drunk arsehole but some of his personality was ok, at least when you compare him to tidus he seems like a HERO and someone with at least a spine!

Next comes his voice, now I dont hate his voice all that much, its ok sometimes but its the voice and the fact that tidus is a little bitch baby anyway that all you can think of is a child crying for his mom, or someone who just hit 14 and is learning about girls.

After that comes his manner and how he deals with things, lets face it he acts like a kid, talks like a kid...he must be a kid! There is nothing intimidating about him and you wonder how he can even handle himself vs low lvl fiends without running off like a bitch....oh wait he has an ability that lets him do just that, and he even makes little kid sounds sometimes when he does it! "wivvvvvvvvvv und wet wivvvvvvvvvvv" hahaha thats honestly what I thought he said when I heard it and had to listen a few times to understand what he was saying, maybe he is slightly downsyndrom too ?

I really do hate alot of things about him to tell the truth, and I do accept him as a main character and I do like some of his abilities too, but his character and poor excuse for a man just turns me right off you know ? I felt no sympathy towards him, I did feel sympathy to Yuna and many of the other characters ( I even love rikku and kimari!, hell I love them all ), I know it would make no sense for Auron to be bending over Yuna and drilling her but if there was a character that yuna should have fallen in love with it had to be auron. "Lady Yuna I wish to bend you over, do you accept?" *shocking look* "Si..Sir Auron ye yes, oh its so big! it is an honor" *sexy shades push up and hrmph* "of course Lady Yuna if only Lord Braska could see us now heh". Ok I am going to hades I know hahaha.

Auron is a real mans man, the guy has honor, courage...loyality to his friends and most importantly he has a backbone, life experience and he acts mature. He also looks pretty damn slick with those shades and greatsword/katana, the guy just screams badass, hands down Auron is one of my fav video game...no characters in general ever created, his story is even sad and you feel very sorry for what happened to him in life, and gain much more respect than you already have once you find out the truth.

Auron was my saving grace for this game and what sucked me in to keep playing, eventualy I grew to love X as one of my fav FF titles, but to this day Tidus is the black sheep of X, he really does make me cringe in parts and feel shame towards this game.

I do think Tidus looked alot more mature in the FMV parts, still hate his clothing...he looks about 18 to me in the normal parts of the game, now shuyen...his personality and character would have made a much cooler tidus, that guy is pure diabolical and thats why I love him.

True some people could say Tidus became brave in the end and sacrificed himself, but lets really look at the HEART of those actions and the reasons, was it to stick it in yuna so she fell for him 100% ? Was it because at that point there really was no other choice ? I mean they virtualy kill God or a God, with probably no real escape, was it out of stupidity ?

Finaly someone once said "when backed into a corner and scared, even the biggest cowards can become a danger" I think this fits tightass very well, in the complete negative sense of it.
    Last edited by CVFreak; 10-16-2006 at 07:09 AM.
    Redemption is a word that has no meaning here, your lord and master is my dog and we feed him. Your journey takes you inside your own nerve centre and exists through your soul, life or death they both have their purpose, leaving a trail of destruction is both easier and more effective when the ultimate goal is not disclosed that way everyone in your way may be your final chance for sport, like this one. I hear what you say and although the words are there, I think that I can only truely understand you when I hear you scream those words.

-Biohazard: The Catalysis

um

Could you summerize that?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Because he is a guy. I want more female main characters.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by farplaner View Post

His goal was to kill his father....and thereby free his father from the shame of living a life as a murderous slave of Yu Yevon. Also, it was to permanently end the suffering of Spira (at least as that suffering pertained to Sin).

Ject's dissapearence KILLED HIS MOTHER. The base of Tidus' anger appears as his revenge for his mother. He blames his father for his years spent all alone with no family while he plans to overtake his father in everything, even Ject's signature, Blitzball.

tidus is to much of a girl they needed a better voice actor for starters but even then he looks too much like a girl and the spiky hari.. what os with these ppl and spiky hair
    I AM MEGA-DINGO
    THOU CANST DEFEAT ME
    I HAVE 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 HP
    MAX STATS OF 255
    A MAX HIT OF....

.....okay.......NOT looking at appearences, I still hate him

Because his voice sounds like a pre-pubesent girl.

ha ha true.......but........ Still looking at his personallity, He is a giant crybaby, begining and end. Lacks much judgement and takes too much out of everyone. His past was Funny and wasen't sad, so he didn't get any pitty points ( Ject did ) and his role in the plot line was small and forgettable.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

He is a giant crybaby, begining and end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenti View Post
    he has alot to complain about and all of his complaints are relevant. How would you feel if all of a sudden all of those stuff were happening to YOU! mwuahaha lol.. no but seriously, try look at it in that way and stop being so narrow minded
    His past was Funny and wasen't sad, so
    he didn't get any pitty points ( Ject did )
    Tidus went through way more than Jecht ever did, and although the flashbacks are funny, they're sad if you consider Tidus had two parents who didn't care for him.

his role in the plot line was small and forgettable.
    Dude, he was only the main character of the game.
    This is a signature.