Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    Newcastle news - Well Lee Bowyer has gone to West Ham I think, Roeder is beggin' Steve Harper to stay and Michael Chopra has gone to Cardiff city.
    Yep. Bowyer has indeed gone to West Ham. I'm glad that Chopra has left though - as far as I'm concerned he wasn't very good. :-\

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

The problem was he was never given a chance at all to show the team what he could do, he scored a goal or 2. Hope Fat Freddy opens that wallet soon, all the good players are going quick.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    I think we have £32m to spend, after Obi Mikel's money came in. I think it was either £20m or £25m before that happened, though, so yeah. Hence, if they have indeed offered £15m for Carrick, we're already running out of cash.
    That's fair enough, but while it's hardly comparable to Chelsea's spending, to spend £30m plus on one or two players doesn't exactly suggest hard times. As it is, I think United are going to be making quite a few changes over the summer, and when it comes down to it the price of those changes matters very little. United's next stars are just as likely to come from their youth ranks as from big-money transfers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Yep. Bowyer has indeed gone to West Ham. I'm glad that Chopra has left though - as far as I'm concerned he wasn't very good.
    Apparently you're linked with Gareth Barry. It's a glorious revolution at St. James' Park, huh?
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Pff, im annoyed Ballack is moving, what a sell out.
    I guess im gonna have to watch more Premiership games and start supporting Chelsea! ^^
    (I still love you though Ballack! Do well for Germany!)

Will chelsea ever run out of money?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    I think we have £32m to spend, after Obi Mikel's money came in. I think it was either £20m or £25m before that happened, though, so yeah. Hence, if they have indeed offered £15m for Carrick, we're already running out of cash.
    That's fair enough, but while it's hardly comparable to Chelsea's spending, to spend £30m plus on one or two players doesn't exactly suggest hard times. As it is, I think United are going to be making quite a few changes over the summer, and when it comes down to it the price of those changes matters very little. United's next stars are just as likely to come from their youth ranks as from big-money transfers anyway.

Yep. Bowyer has indeed gone to West Ham. I'm glad that Chopra has left though - as far as I'm concerned he wasn't very good.
    Apparently you're linked with Gareth Barry. It's a glorious revolution at St. James' Park, huh?
    Roeder says he is waiting for the right moments and he is going to wait and not rush for players at the start of the transfer season.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Pff, im annoyed Ballack is moving, what a sell out.
    I guess im gonna have to watch more Premiership games and start supporting Chelsea! ^^
    You accuse Ballack of selling out and then say you'll have to start supporting Chelsea?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Everton *snort* after spending *chuckle* £8.6 million on *giggle* Andy Johnson, have now spent £5m on a *guffaw* Wolves defender.
    Be glad you can laugh about it! On one hand, I'm glad we're actually making an effort to get strikers in, but on the other I think it's a bit of a shame that McFadden is probably going to lose out. I quite like McFadden and the only reason he's not been putting out the performances is because Moyes has refused to play him in the correct position.

Though Cahill came from the Championship too, so you never know.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, come on Croyles, support a true German legend in Dietmar Hamann.

Although he's supposedly very close to signing for Bolton. He's been an absolute legend for Liverpool, and was crucial in not only our recent cup successes, but also the ones in 2001. He really is an underrated player. I can see why he'd move, because he doesn't get as many games any more, thanks to the emergence of the sublime Xabi Alonso, and the outstanding Momo Sissoko. If he does leave, I wish him all the best.

Kuja, McFadden, Beattie and Johnson? Watford will be quaking in their boots

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Kuja, McFadden, Beattie and Johnson? Watford will be quaking in their boots :p
    When'd we sign Kuja? I don't suppose using magic is against the rules. And besides, since when have Everton had a strike-force that caused anyone to quake in their boots? Well, I suppose Duncan if you happen to play for Wigan :D

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, I noticed it could be interpretted that I said Kuja played for Everton, and I figured I'd leave it as it was because it looked funny. Oh, and I think using magic is a professional foul, and so therefore Mr. Trance would get sent off for it.

Danny Cadamateri and Paul Rideout.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, I noticed it could be interpretted that I said Kuja played for Everton, and I figured I'd leave it as it was because it looked funny. Oh, and I think using magic is a professional foul, and so therefore Mr. Trance would get sent off for it.

Danny Cadamateri and Paul Rideout. :love:
    I was half expecting you to bring up Francis Jeffers.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I thought I'd already done posted in this thread laughing about a wolves player, but I haven't, so I will now.

Bwahahahaha.

Also, Francis Jeffers lol. THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. Some are superstars. Some are those who go on to become living legends. Some are those who go on too long and become has-beens. Francis Jeffers is a NEVER WAS-been.

Also: Someone tell Stuart Pearce not to buy Quinton Fortune. Please.

Edit: We already have the Mighty Paul Dickov, what with his 5 goals in 21 games last season. Sure to drag us up from 15th in the table. Right? RIGHT?

Leave Francis Jeffers alone.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    We've been linked with aload of people. :-\

For example: Darren Bent, Van Nistlerooy, Dirk Kuyt, Steed Malbranque, Marco Materazzi, Obafemi Martins and a few others I can't remember.

newcastle are gonna get linked with every striker now sherear has gone.