Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123456789132353 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Pff, im annoyed Ballack is moving, what a sell out.
    I guess im gonna have to watch more Premiership games and start supporting Chelsea! ^^
    You accuse Ballack of selling out and then say you'll have to start supporting Chelsea?
    It was a joke. Not a very funny one imo but still.
    I dont accuse Ballack of selling, out, im just annoyed he's moving.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

But he did sell out!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well then i'm a sell out too, but even if he would have moved to Norwich City I would support Norwich City

Most people who move to Chelsea or Real Madrid sell out, and sell out badly.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but why is Ballack a sellout for going to Chelsea? Sure, he's getting payed a crapload of money, but think about it. Chelsea are making a name for themselves as a giant club in Europe, they've got a really impressive team roster, they've got to be one of the favourites to win the Champions League this coming season and the Premiership once again, so why wouldn't Ballack want to play there? Or is it just 'cause he signed for Chelsea whom everyone hates? XD

I do forsee problems though, with Ballack's huge ego, if he isn't regularly starting matches, there may well be trouble, and with the quality and depth of the team, he's gonna have to fight for it.

This season as a whole though is shaping up very nicely; a lot of top talent from Europe is making its way to our small isle, and while I imagine a few won't perform as well with our more physical style of play (remember Rebrov's horrific time at Tottenham?), the league as a whole is going to really shout out to the rest of the world that we are big-time. Not that we haven't previously, but the international depth and upcoming home-based talent are really making a stand for this poxy nation XD
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Ballack's got a normal footballers ego, which is still high nontheless.

Just wondering, what does everybody make of the managerial changes that have been made since last season ended? From what we've seen of Roeder at Newcastle, he looks a decent appointment, and should be able to help the side achieve their potential. I'm not so sure about the others though. Obviously Gareth Southgate can't be judged on past performance, but he hardly strikes me as the sort of man who can reform Middlesbrough football club. Next season should see them wallow in mediocrity at best. Dowie, meanwhile, is an average manager with an average squad of players. Charlton need to attract some decent talent if they are to go anywhere, and having Iain Dowie in charge isn't going to make that any easier.

Oh, and Ballack isn't a sellout. He's achieved pretty much everything he can at Bayern, and if he wants a Champions' League medal in the near future there's no better bet than Chelsea. Of course the wages are going to be astronomical, but if you think that's the only reason Ballack has made the move, then you're not looking at the full picture.

On the other hand, I am willing to admit that Michael Ballack is a jerk, and that his newfound Chelsea-ness makes him doubly so.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I will continue to call anyone who is brought in by Abro's millions a sellout! I don't care what anyone says.

Also, looking forward to seeing how Keano's situation develops, there are already rumours that he may be the next Sunderland manager. It would be awesome if he does well and takes over from Sir Alex at Man Utd someday.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I will continue to call anyone who is brought in by Abro's millions a sellout! I don't care what anyone says.
    What if Chelsea hire a new tea lady?

I doubt Keane will go into management, or if he does, not just yet. I think the next United manager after Fergie is gone will either be Martin O'Neill (and I wish we'd taken him over McClaren, although even better, I wish we hadn't messed Hiddink about) or Mark Hughes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    What if Chelsea hire a new tea lady?
    A £1,000,000 tea lady? ...you know, it's kind of sad that such a thing wouldn't surprise me.

I doubt Keane will go into management, or if he does, not just yet. I think the next United manager after Fergie is gone will either be Martin O'Neill (and I wish we'd taken him over McClaren, although even better, I wish we hadn't messed Hiddink about) or Mark Hughes.
    Hughes is the hot favourite. And I don't think he'll be there very soon, either. It's just a nice thought. But I do, however, think that there's a good chance that he'll be MU manager someday.

Articles

A £1,000,000 tea lady? ...you know, it's kind of sad that such a thing wouldn't surprise me.
    Only if it looked like Man United, Liverpool or Arsenal were going to sign her...

And apparently Marseille still want Djibril Cisse despite his broken leg, which would leave our strikeforce down to 2, Crouch and Fowler (unless you want to count Sinama-Pongolle and Neil Mellor) So Torres or Kuyt (or both, although I doubt we could afford that) would be nice.

The 2006-07 Fixture List, for those who haven't seen it yet.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

Liverpool have signed Craig Bellamy for £6m. Compared to Everton's signing of Andy Johnson for £8m, we have got a fantastic deal.

The only issue is with his attitude, but I think Rafa can keep in him check, and as he is a lifelong Liverpool supporter, I can't see him doing anything against the best interests of the club.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So now Newcastle are chasing after two strikers as Owen *could* be out for the whole of the 2006-2007 season.

The two who are looking the most likely at the moment are Dirk Kuyt from Holland who is desperate to play in England and has confirmed that he'd 'love to play for Newcastle', and also Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

We'll see.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

2006-07 in English football

For those of you wishing to keep up with confirmed transfers.

In other 'big name' news...
    David Beckham linked with Newcastle United.
    Ruud van Nistelrooy linked with Newcastle United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.
    Cristiano Ronaldo linked with Real Madrid.

Manchester United continue to be linked with every midfielder under the sun.