Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21516165666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1145

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Don't be so sure, Mr. Charlie. Liverpool have a worse time of it. We have to play a number of relegation threatened teams. On paper, sure, let the good times roll, but they'll all be fighting to the bitter end to stay up.

I doubt we'll beat Liverpool to third with Spurs and Chelsea left to play, but that's OK because third and fourth are as bad as each other and so it doesn't really matter where we finish.

The Player of the Year question is a tough one, but I'd probably just about give it to Ronaldo. Drogba's been outstanding, of course, and he's probably won more points for his team than Ronaldo has, but I've seen a few games where he's been pretty anonymous. That's something I definitely couldn't say about Ronaldo. While he might not have been quite as central to his team's success as Drogba has, I'd say that, game for game, he's put in the better performances.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    On paper, sure, let the good times roll, but they'll all be fighting to the bitter end to stay up.
    That's why I fear West Ham on the last day.

I'm optimistic that they can pull off a shock at home tonight.

Str8 Pimpin'

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

West Ham will be relegated by the final day I think - a possibly foolhardy prediction, but I'll stick my neck out - they've been so godawful this season they don't deserve to stay up anyway (I mean, at least you expected Charlton and Watford to be rubbish....).
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    Drogba's been outstanding, of course, and he's probably won more points for his team than Ronaldo has, but I've seen a few games where he's been pretty anonymous. That's something I definitely couldn't say about Ronaldo.
    Liverpool 0 Manchester United 1. Cristiano Ronaldo was anonymous in that game, heck, the entire United team were uncharacteristically dull and listless, other than Paul Scholes and his bizarre assault on Xabi Alonso (and if you want to dish out the PFA Player of the Year Award based on entertainment value alone, Scholesy is your man!) and I'm still wracked with bitterness that we actually lost that. Still, like our satisfying revenge on your lot, maybe we'll do the same to United in, say, oh, I don't know, the Champions League final

I don't know why Rafa has now got a boner for 4-5-1. Using that formation at home to Middlesbrough seems ridiculous to me, but eh, we got the 3 points with a little bit of luck so can't complain too much. I just hope he goes back to 4-4-2 with Kuyt and Crouch up front against Wigan. If it's so vital that Stevie plays in the middle like the media say it is (it isn't, but lord knows the media is never wrong!) then just use Mascha in the middle and put the rapidly improving Pennant on the right. This is only in reference to Wigan, though, as I prefer a Mascherano-Alonso partnership in the centre against most opposition.

We may still be beaten in Milan, but my GOD we showed our balls tonight. UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are just one of those teams,
    That you see now and then;
    We often score six,
    But we seldom score ten,
    We beat em at home,
    And we beat and we beat 'em away,
    We kill any bastards,
    That get in our way.
    We are the pride of all Europe,
    The cock of the North,
    We hate the Scousers, the
    Cockneys of course;
    We are United,
    Without any doubt,
    We are the Manchester boys

Articles

Coming back from 2-1 down against AC Milan? Pssh, I've seen better

In all seriousness though, I thought Carrick, Scholes, Rooney and Heinze were all incredible. And I'm probably going to get sent to the gulags for this one, because apparently daring to criticise him is a crime akin to treason, but I thought Ronaldo played poorly tonight. Kept giving the ball away far too easily, either by running into Milan players or with poor passes. Yeah, his dribbling looked pretty, but it didn't achieve much.

Still, I would not mind losing 3-2 to Chelsea tomorrow night. It's not a great result for either team. The San Siro game ought to be a cracker.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Utd Guy
    We hate the Scousers
    Poor old Wayne.

Now onto the Chelsea - Liverpool game. I think stamina will play a huge role in this. Chelsea played on Sunday, and in that game they looked jaded and unimaginative. Rafa's rotation policy will certainly show its benefits, and I think in the past month or so, every first teamer other than Reina and Carragher have been rested at some point.

Michael Essien is out for the game, and I would normally be happy because he is definitely Chelsea's best midfielder, but you can be sure that John Obi Mikel will be able to fill the Ghanan's shoes. But please, Rafa, for the love of god, don't play 4-5-Kuyt.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I thought Ronaldo played poorly tonight.
    GET YOUR BIAS BACK TO STAMFORD BRIDGE AND READ A BOOK TO LEARN ABOUT FOOTBALL

Now onto the Chelsea - Liverpool game. I think stamina will play a huge role in this. Chelsea played on Sunday, and in that game they looked jaded and unimaginative. Rafa's rotation policy will certainly show its benefits, and I think in the past month or so, every first teamer other than Reina and Carragher have been rested at some point.

Michael Essien is out for the game, and I would normally be happy because he is definitely Chelsea's best midfielder, but you can be sure that John Obi Mikel will be able to fill the Ghanan's shoes. But please, Rafa, for the love of god, don't play 4-5-Kuyt.
    What did ytou think of that teat Mourinho saying Liverpool have only played 4 competitive games all year? As a football fan, ignorinbg the fact i HATE the scousers, that comment was diabolical.

PS: Rooney is an adopted Manc.

Articles

Yes sir, Mr. DK. I'll go see if I can dig out my copy of Peter Shilton's Goalkeeping.

Anyway, that's just Mourinho for you, really. After a while his comments just get boring and I've stopped paying attention to them.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)
    Wow, what a game! Come on United!

Liverpool should grind out a result tomorrow night as the reasons stated above. The rotation system will leave their team fit as fiddles, while Chelsea are probably a little too fatiqued. I expect the last 20 minutes to be crucial on Liverpool's behalf.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

Lame. Dull game with few chances. The balance of play was pretty much even, although I will say that Liverpool were very sloppy with our passing. Chelsea took one of their chances, we didn't. That's how it goes. Still, overturning a 1-0 defecit at Anfield is far from impossible.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

All I can say from watching that is that thank god Chelsea v Liverpool isn't the final. I'm still cursing Milan's ineptitude last night anyway. Either way, fingers crossed that either they or Liverpool can turn it around in the second leg.

EDIT: And I wholeheartedly second Cz's post below XD
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 04-25-2007 at 10:27 PM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

You guys had better turn it around in the second leg. If I have watch three trophies decided by United-Chelsea matches in the space of a couple of weeks, I think I'll go mad.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    You guys had better turn it around in the second leg. If I have watch three trophies decided by United-Chelsea matches in the space of a couple of weeks, I think I'll go mad.
    Even I agree on that. I want Liverpool vs. United for this one. It can't be all Chelsea. It would be kind of... annoying/boring to have to play the same opposition for each trophy. Especially if it ended up with them being split - it would end up forever being a debate of "What if we'd played this game for another trophy, and won that instead?" etc. etc. for so many seasons to come.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!