Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 225262666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1145

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

Do you think an English team winning the Champion's League is a good thing for the English game?

In non-boring, non-European, non-big 4 news, Jonathan Woodgate has signed for the Boro. If he keeps fit, he's a bargain at 7m. I rate him more than Terry or Ferdinand, who would cost a ridiculous amount more than that (er, not that they'd be on there way to Boro in a hurry...).

i like woody but better than terry or ferdinand? are you mad, id put carra up there with them but woody? no.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

I think Terry is a very good club player, particularly in the English game. He gets in plenty of blocks, very good in the air etc. I don't think he's as good on the international stage because he doesn't have any real pace, which is kind of vital against teams that play the ball around on the floor.

Ferdinand makes far too many errors for me, and I don't think he's a particularly good organiser. He's not great in the air, either.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Oh ho, LFC just won a trophy in United's own back yard. Yeah it's the FA Youth Cup, but as I've said before, I'd rather see LFC win that than the League Cup. And now we've won it twice in a row...the future looks bright for the reds.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Was a good match, although we really didn't show the attacking nature we'd shown in previous matches, was disappointed. Still, a good sign for United's future given that we were (on average) a year or more younger than the Liverpool lads.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Cz! CZ!!! Apparently Paul Anderson is in the Liverpool squad for the Pompey game this weekend. I think he might finally make his debut! ARE YOU AS EXCITED ABOUT THIS AS I AM? :strut:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Cz! CZ!!! Apparently Paul Anderson is in the Liverpool squad for the Pompey game this weekend. I think he might finally make his debut! ARE YOU AS EXCITED ABOUT THIS AS I AM? :strut:
    I wouldn't go so far as to use the :strut: smilie, but I will pay close attention to his debut. Who knows, he might score and become the future of English football!
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

smurfING YES!!!!!

At half time, the league was Chelsea's. Now, it's anyones again! Fantastic fightback, fantastic second half performance & fantastic defending by Everton....

WE'LL NEVER DIE

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Now it's anyones? You mean now it's Man Utd's almost certainly! =P

Still, there's some incentive for us next weekend now - beat or draw to Chelsea and we'll effectively screw up their chances for good. Ah, to inflict that on Cashley would be sweet indeed...
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not one to count my chickens, but the title looks almost certain to be red.

Str8 Pimpin'

A great afternoon's football so far. As if the drama of the early kick-offs wasn't enough, now there's all sorts of action going on at the other end of the table. West Ham don't seem to have been shaken by the Tevez controversy, and at the rate they're going they just might escape the drop.

No Paul Anderson for Liverpool after all, and it shows. Without his shining influence, the're 2-0 down at Portsmouth. Oh dear. =(
    Last edited by Cz; 04-28-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm glad that Man United won today. No matter how much I dislike Man United, I'd much rather see them win the cup this year than Chelsea. I'm backing Liverpool for the Champions league, too.

I went to Ewood Park with my boyfriend today (he is a Charlton fan) and watched Charlton get thrashed by Blackburn. I've got to say though, the support of the Charlton fans was brilliant, and they sang all through the match, even though they were losing. "We are staying up!" echoed around and showed that they still have faith even though they have two really hard games with Spurs and Liverpool still left to play - especially playing Liverpool they lose Scott Carson, who so far has been their saviour.

Other than that Ewood Park is an actual library - Do Blackburn fans <i>ever</i> sing?

Howay the toon for Monday against Reading! We may not have anything left to play for - but as long as we finish above Middlesborough I won't be too disheartened.

Articles

Yeah what the hell. Insua, Padelli, Paletta, El Zhar and Hobbs (although in his case, he deserves it) are all given a chance but the future hero of English football is denied? Bah!

Looking at Liverpool's teamsheet today, you can't help but feel Mourinho had a point in his diatribe.

Articles

Seeing as Mourinho rested Lampard, Drogba and the two Coles, he's hardly one to talk.