Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920212223273767 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
    Beating one team all the time isn't enough. You need to beat the rest too. I'll ignore your vehemency as you are clearly a kid with a chip on his shoulder, but suffice to say, you can beat United but we're still a better team & you will never be any better than mediocre. So lap up those minor triumphs, they won't last.
    I wouldn't call 6th place and beating 3 of the top 4 mediocre, and were just as good at home as manure was, so try again with that one.

From what i've watched over 15 years or so, Manure are diving cheating scum, i think that warrants enough reason to dislike them, ever wondered why Manure are the most hated?

Leeds didn't didn't maintain their high league place, so players had to be sold to pay the debt, leading to their Championship status. Manure will win hardl anything in the next couple years which wont be enough, no matter if they make the 2nd biggest income in football because Leeds at the time had about the 5th-6th biggest income in football in the world and they had 6 times smaller debt, do the logic.

Anyways, end of that.

Title will go to Chelsea.

I think Sheff United, Waford, and Villa (if no one buys the club) will get relegated, maybe a fight between Fulham and Villa.
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 08-02-2006 at 01:44 AM.

Manure always get advantage by the referee

hmmm..Arte Et Labore...what does it mean?
    Last edited by ff_sweden; 08-02-2006 at 07:29 AM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Manchester United are essentially doing a Liverpool. Dominant for a decade or so (although in the case of Liverpool it was two ), before it all starts to fall apart. Enjoy years of coming 3rd and 4th, guys. (It isn't as much fun as it looks)

Relegation? Wigan. Emile Heskey + Chris Kirkland = Asking for it, especially after selling Roberts and Bullard, and Chimbonda seems to be on his way. Landzaat is a good buy though. Sheffield United are another one likely to face the drop, and the other spot will be filled by either Villa, Watford, and possibly even Portsmouth (no D'Alessandro anymore) or Fulham.

As for the title...Liverpool. Well, maybe not, but it's definitely our best chance since 96-97 when we looked certain to win it before David James decided that being crap looked like a promising career option. Unless Arsenal or United make a couple of key buys, Liverpool are currently the only team that can step in if something happens to Chelsea.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Unless Arsenal or United make a couple of key buys, Liverpool are currently the only team that can step in if something happens to Chelsea.
    United during last season's late run of wins...
    Keeper: Van der Sar
    Defenders: Neville, Ferdinand, Brown/Vidic, Silvestre
    Midfield: Ronaldo, O'Shea, Giggs, Park.
    Strikers: Rooney, Saha

That's the team that had the success that pushed the gap on Chelsea in a way that wasn't done in the first half of the season.

At the start of this season...

Keeper: Van der Sar
    Defenders: Neville, Ferdinand, Brown/Vidic, Heinze
    Midfield: Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs/Park.
    Strikers: Rooney, Saha

You tell me which looks stronger, last season or this season? We came second last season and we have a stronger lineup than we do now.

Until injuries come into play, we're right up there with the best of them at the moment. I'm not saying Liverpool don't have a chance, but only a fool writes off Manchester United at any point of the season, let alone before it has even begun.

EDIT: Regarding Blackburn - Dude, you guys were 15th the season before last. Don't get an all-time ego over a 6th placing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

im a villa fan, so feel free to laugh. but i honestly think as long as we dont sell anyone we wont get relegated. and if the american billionaire does invest, happy days!

With thanks to Owen Macwere

check out- http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFCSG/index.php?act=idx

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    EDIT: Regarding Blackburn - Dude, you guys were 15th the season before last. Don't get an all-time ego over a 6th placing.
    Yeah 6th, only 4 points out of a Champions League place, just tells you how good Mark Hughes is and what he has done on a small budget.

hmmm..Arte Et Labore...what does it mean?
    It is latin and it means "by skill and labour". Good motto, because Blackburn are now are a very hard working team.

im a villa fan, so feel free to laugh. but i honestly think as long as we dont sell anyone we wont get relegated. and if the american billionaire does invest, happy days!
    Don't worrie no one will laugh, unless there's any Birmingham fans here, even then they can't say much, so your alright. Looks like Martin O'Neill is to become the new manager, so things are starting to look up.
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 08-02-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Scholes and Giggs are too old

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by ff_sweden
    Old, but not too old. Look at Teddy Sheringham - that's too old. 40, and a striker! 6 goals in 26 games as a striker last season. Still, they did bag the FA Cup final and UEFA cup spot, so if he's still got it then he's still got it, I suppose.

Giggsy and Scholesy are most certainly not too old, though. Any respectable football fan would know that. Midfielders can generally go on to about 35 or so with ease enough, I'd say.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Quote Originally Posted by ff_sweden
    Old, but not too old. Look at Teddy Sheringham - that's too old. 40, and a striker! 6 goals in 26 games as a striker last season. Still, they did bag the FA Cup final and UEFA cup spot, so if he's still got it then he's still got it, I suppose.

Giggsy and Scholesy are most certainly not too old, though. Any respectable football fan would know that. Midfielders can generally go on to about 35 or so with ease enough, I'd say.

They've got a few more good years left to give, the 2 of 'em, Shearer's about the same age as Sheringham aint he? They were a strike duo on the england squad in the older days, before Owen and Rooney. Depending on the individual's will to play they can go on til they go grey. What's the oldest guys have played to?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3058219.stm

It's old, but it's a good article all the same.

Portsmouth have a team to watch.

i did like the look of Liverpool, but their disastrous pre season matches have ,made me think twice, (yes its only pre season- but i thought liverpool had a good chance of 2nd this year, maybe even challenging chelsea)

whos gettin relegated?

im gonna say

Watford
    Fulham
    Villa/shef Utd/ ?????

not a very accurate prediction but im actually struggling to think of teams to go down

With thanks to Owen Macwere

check out- http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFCSG/index.php?act=idx

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Manchester United stated in a press conference today that they may sign "one or two more players"

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "We may bring in another player."

David Gill said: "As Alex has mentioned, we have the funds there and we want to bring in one or two more players and we're looking at that situation at the moment."

well you need a striker now van the man has gone who would u like to sign? the papers are talking about Torres or do you think you have enough up front? Carrick was a good signing but he’s not a typical Man United midfielder he’s a anchor man with good vision but he’s not very aggressive. I think it’s a good bit of business for Spurs i thought he would go for 10 million at the most, they can sign a few good players with the money.

Quote Originally Posted by blue phoenix
    Portsmouth have a team to watch.

i did like the look of Liverpool, but their disastrous pre season matches have ,made me think twice, (yes its only pre season- but i thought liverpool had a good chance of 2nd this year, maybe even challenging chelsea)
    Like Portsmouth, along with West Ham they're a team I always keep an eye on. Liverpool made crazy signings. Craig Bellamy? What on EARTH did they sign him for? He will not add anything to it. I really did think they would make key season-changing signings (like Kyut) but they went for players who are just as good as present ones, no better. That makes no sense.

Anyway relegation is getting as predictable as the winners nowadays. With the teams that got promoted, two will go straight back down along with a choice struggler.

To the Blackburn fan who behaves like Nikki from Big Brother, suffice to say it took a Manc to steady the reigns there. Enjoy your MAGNIFICENT 6th, it shall be your last.

Mind you Benni McCarthy is a good buy.

Default Bad Boy Bellamy.

Bellamy is a good signing he is a bit of a troublemaker but at Liverpool I think he will come alive and live up to the challenge