Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 737475152535455565758596061626367 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Indeed it was, although it's a shame none of their players could get nobbled before this weekend. God knows we can't afford anything other than a win with Arsenal's current games in hand over us. Still, with United's cavalier attitude, and Alonso + Sissoko/Mascherano minding the fort, hopefully we can stifle their attacks and sneak a goal or two. Not confident of that, though.

Anyway, let's hope that the Arsenal - Blackburn game tonight is just as entertaining as the Reading - United game. I'd love it if it was a gruelling, physical match which Arsenal eventually manage to win on penalties.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Ole's 4 against Nottingham Forest was better though. Great match.

EDIT: At the comment about the quick goals.

Str8 Pimpin'

Bugger bugger bugger.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Everyone knows that you can't win cups and leagues with kids (unless you're special).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Teehee. Although really, I would have preferred Arsenal to go through than Blackburn. The small chance of us scraping a lucky victory over them would have been much sweeter, even if they creamed us.

It was contender for most boring game of the season. Can't take anything away from McCarthy's strike though.

Unbelievable: they played like throughout, and they come away with a win. But then again, Liverpool failed to capitalise on their 11-man status. I still don't think MU deserved a win at all, though. But eh I am not complaining overmuch; we still have two games in hand, and it's be good for us, at any rate.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Articles

One shot on target, one goal. Mothersmurfers. Bellamy's goal was a mile onside too. We need a finisher and we need one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post
    Unbelievable: they played like throughout, and they come away with a win. But then again, Liverpool failed to capitalise on their 11-man status. I still don't think MU deserved a win at all, though. But eh I am not complaining overmuch; we still have two games in hand, and it's be good for us, at any rate.
    The difference between a good side and a title-winning side is the ability to play badly and come away with the points. United didn't deserve to take anything from that game, but the fact that they kept Liverpool out for the ninety minutes, and managed to snatch a goal themselves, shows us why they're 12 points clear at the top while we're struggling to keep pace.

Alternative interpretation: Lucky bastards.

EDIT: Don't worry, Paul. You'll feel much better once we stumble to a 1-0 defeat against Reading.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

Do you really mean that?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Do you really mean that?
    No Touré, Henry or Adebayor, against a damned good Reading side, with our confidence shattered from two consecutive cup defeats makes this the best chance of us losing our unbeaten home record since the Mancs came to town. Although we all know what happened there.

Articles

Awesome. This saves me the the trouble of eating creme eggs while sobbing. Come on you Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Awesome. This saves me the the trouble of eating creme eggs while sobbing. Come on you Royals.
    If you need any further encouragement, you'll be pleased to know that Awesome Diaby is only on the bench. Presumably, he's still got a bit of bruising from when John Terry cruelly headbutted him in the foot with his thick neanderthal skull.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Bellamy was not onside for the goal - When the pass was made, he was. Then Sissoko deflected it (otherwise it would have been cleared by a United player), at which point Bellamy was offside.

Also, there was a penalty we should have got but didn't.

Also, although you were definitely the better team in the second half (even between the two in the first), you paid the price for constantly holding onto the arms of our players. I've never seen it done so much in a single game in my life. On so many occasions there were Liverpool players blatantly wrapping their arms around our players' arms, often with our players (eg. Carrick) getting fouled for it (God knows how). Scholes was sent off for eventually reacting to it, but it was yourselves that eventually paid the price when, finally, the ref caught you out and we got a goal for it from the free kick. If it wasn't for the consistency of your fouls (even if you weren't always caught and called out on them), I would say it was injustice that you lost. But you did, and you lost, and I say that's justice.

We would have played a lot better if you weren't wrapping yourselves around our players.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

West Ham v Spurs - bloody amazing game, but it winds up with West Ham pretty much hitting the final nail in their coffin. Ditto for Watford and Charlton yesterday just taking points off each other.

Still, that was a great game just now.

Also, how long before people start talking up another Treble for Man Utd I wonder now...
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"