Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 255565697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1145

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Well by 'we' Cz, what you mean is Arsenal fans XD
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

I can't think of too many people who'd be happy to see United do the treble, but I suppose we'd be a bit more relieved than most, yeah. xD
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh well, we had a good run compared to recent seasons.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I think the only people who would really have gone mad about it are: Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool fans - well the first two anyway

The Treble of 1999 was horrible to sit through, so very glad I don't have to endure it again.

But now...will Milan gain revenge? Predictions?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Milan seriously smurfing want revenge. They've been talking about getting us back since the Quarter Finals. If that's what inspired them to trash United, god knows what they'll unleash against us.

Still, I will say this:
    2007 Liverpool are a better team than 2005 Liverpool.
    2007 Milan are a worse team than 2005 Milan.

I have no sympathy for United, especially because of some interviews with their fans outside the San Siro which were featured on Channel 5 news. Some of my favourite snippets include "Liverpool are scared of us" and "We're glad Liverpool beat Chelsea because that gives us an easier final". Mmm. Quite.

Milan have more quality, but on big occasions it's all about the performance on the day, as tonight's game showed, and Liverpool are the sort of team that can rise to any challenge. If Milan are on form, then they should win pretty comfortably, but anything less and they might be in trouble. You can guarantee that Gerrard, Carragher and co. will play like their lives depend on it, so the Italians will have to put in a performance to match that. Judging by how they played tonight, it looks like they might just have it in them.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

These results to show you that teams that can solely concentrate on one competition will be mentally & physically better prepared.

Liverpool have sod all else to play for this season & rest half their team in preparation. Similarly Milano rested 6 of the starting 11.

This is not an excuse, but one of the major factors why they looked strong & we looked jaded. Major defencive injuries in the last quarter of the season are starting to take their tole. Vidic looked like a man who hadn't played in a while, Brown just isn't strong enough for a centre defence role, Heinze tries harder than anyone on the pitch but gets wrecklace at times & O'Shea at right back is like forcing a triangle through a square hole.

As for Liverpool, they will do well in cups but will never win the premiership. You can't win the Premiership on penalties.

It's been a long old season & this result will make us grow as a team. The next game against that Stockport lot will be decisive. Will they suffer a backlash or will our heads go down further? Hard to call.

I said at the start of the season all I wanted was the EPL back at Old Trafford & as long as I get that, everything else is a bonus. Next season we can try for the European Cup again. I just hope we can somehow learn to win away from home.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    We were owned. No complaints.
    Yeah, pretty much. However I wanted to kill the referee so many times during the game.

Str8 Pimpin'

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> So its Italy vs England this time, the final looks interesting.
    I dont care who wins since im not a fan of Liverpool or Milan, but I like Peter Crouch so go Liverpool.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Strange game today. We looked completely jaded but completely comfortable for 80 minutes.

Ferguson said 'they should have tried to beat us' and it was so true. Despite City's great support, they were truely awful, tactically & mentally.

It was a game I was worried about because I knew we'd be tired so I'm delighted with 3 points. City were rough physically & that early tackle by Michael Ball on Ronaldo was a disgrace & hope he gets fined & banned. Their penalty was soft, to say the least but it happens, Rob Styles felt obliged. I released the loudest gutteral roar of any human when van der Sar saved it.

We are so close now we can taste it. COME ON YOU ARSENAL!

They had a penalty?! 0_o

I really should pay more attention to the reports on these games...

And it's starting to look like West Ham will stay up now, which is annoying for two reasons:
    1. I hate West Ham (though I hate Wigan and Dave 'moany git' Whelan too)
    2. It means if they stay up there'll be a lot of unseemly arguments and possible legal proceedings made by the likes of Wigan etc, which is not what I want to see.

Pants, we beat Wigan (good), but it now looks like West Ham might stay up (bad). They should have been docked points, though. It just shows how much the FA favour the southern/ big clubs. We broke the rules when Bryan Robson - the nutcase - refused to play a scheduled game because of injury and illness, and we were docked points. We were relegated because of it. Too many cockneys in the FA!

*cough*Trevor Brooking*cough*
    Last edited by Burtsplurt; 05-05-2007 at 08:40 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm hoping the Hammers go down so we can relieve them of their other Argentinian.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Pretty much sums up our entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    I'm hoping the Hammers go down so we can relieve them of their other Argentinian.
    As long as we get dibs on Robert Green, then fine.

The West Ham situation's getting more unbearable by the minute. Quite apart from the fact that I hate to see West Ham fans happy, it also means the summer is going to be dominated by legal arguments and bitching about this whole transfer affair. I don't know the exact details of the infringement, but it seems rather strange that no points were deducted as punishment. I'm sure that West Ham won't miss their £5.5 million too much if they're playing Premiership football next season, anyway.