Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415192959 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

I don't think Ashley Cole will stay much longer :/ Apparently he blistered Arsenal in his biography! I reckon he'll probably move, and then we'll have no English players in the first team, until Walcott moves up anyways (which he should do, hopefully. He's so mysterious I want to die ;_.

They should be looking at some English players -- although they might bring in Hoyte and Gilbert. (I don't know how likely this is though :/) They looking at Davies, and I seriously hope they rope him in.

And Wenger has said he doesn't want Cole to leave, so...well.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

[/QUOTE]Crystal Palace are the nearest football club to where I live and I really should be supporting them instead of the mighty Arsenal. I think Dowie was right to leave but joining another club soon after revealing that he was to spend more time with his family. Bull[/QUOTE]

I thought Iain Dowie was a fantastic manager but the way he left the club was discraseful, claiming he wanted to go back up north with his family and then going several miles downtown to our rivals the clowns. Anyway i think it was best for him to go, i feel we have a better manager now in Peter Taylor.
    "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

We have to bring back Matthew Upson, he´s english

West Ham News:

Lee Bowyer has joined for the second time

Preston wonderkid Tyrone Mears has joined as well

Shaka Hislop has left to FC Dallas, much to my dissapointment as he is a legend

Chelsea misfit Carlton Cole has been snapped up and pardew reckons he will be a big hit

Man U defender Johnathan Spector has joined

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If Arsenal are thinking of buying Buffon, where will Lehmann go?

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Simple, up front partnering Henry where he can begin to build on his tally of 2 goals
    ...Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? THEY CAN'T BE. O___O WHO SAID SO!??!?! WHO?
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

But they already have Dida

Yes but people beleive he is there "weak" link, i do not agree with this but many people do

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

*shrugs* Just tipped, probably won't actually do it (although you never know these days).

Interestingly, Arsene says they aren't interested and Buffon's agent says they have made a bid! Gotta love the lies. God knows what to believe in the press these days.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

yes I know, just tipped

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ff_sweden
    Dida is crap.

And ahahaha, oh man, I'd be so happy if Buffon went to Arsenal, just so Paul was right in that MSN convo with Pooja.

Anyone know where an American get some British Premier league? I ahve a subscription to DirectV.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    Quote Originally Posted by ff_sweden
    Dida is crap.
    That is exactly what I was going to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBBy
    With Sol Campbell out, Ashley Cole is the only first team regular - and he's being tipped to go elsewhere (again!). At the moment, that would leave Justin Hoyte, Theo Walcott, Matthew Connolly, Ryan Garry, Kerrea Gilbert, Ryan Smith, Fabrice Muamba, Joe O'Cearuill.

In other words, that kid that never really made it to the World Cup along with Who?, Who?, Who?, Who?, Who?, Who? and Who?. Arsenal may have to get purchasing next season or just hope that they won't need to use their full squad.
    Oh, I know some of those:
    Hoyte went on loan to Sunderland last season, just like Anthony Le Tallec - what more can you say on the situation?
    Ryan Smith was on loan at Leicester, and in the couple of games I went to see he wasn't especially good. Christ, when Stephen Warnock went on loan to Coventry he was their player of the season.
    Kerrea Gilbert scored sometime last season, but he only came into the side because of their insane amount of defensive injuries...before promptly getting injured himself.

Basically, the vast majority of them are going to get sold to the likes of Colchester without being given much of a chance in the first team (except in the League Cup) along with their young foreign imports like Lupoli and Larsson.

This is why PES5 is my god. You get to learn all about the reserves of teams you don't particularly care about.

Still, I can understand why Arsenal and other teams have less English players these days, when the likes of Curtis Davies are being quoted at costing £10m. What a joke.

Oh, and, it's Tottenham Hotspur, not Hotspurs.

Apparently Liverpool are chasing David Trezeguet. I'm not convinced if this is such a great idea, because it could well be Fernando Morientes all over again. Still, in the Rafalution we trust, and if it's a loan rather than a permanent thing (Which would probably set us back £10m at the very least) then I won't be too displeased.