Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1444545859606162636465666768697074 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2006-2007 Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

No Lampard? He get injured? What's the bet it was intentional. Paid for by some random manager.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Apparently he was struck on the wrist by a ball kicked by Rooney XD

All I can say for tonight is to urge people to not watch the England 'game' (if it can be called that) and watch something like Italy v Scotland, which at least may be interesting.

EDIT: Have to take my hat off to Northern Ireland, who are doing very well at the moment having just beaten Sweden - still not sure they can make it through ahead of Spain, Sweden and Denmark but they're doing a great job so far.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 03-28-2007 at 09:52 PM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Steven Gerrard in the middle + no Lampard = victory.

Now, I know it's "only" Andorra (but lord knows Andorra could say it's "only" England based on recent results...) but hey, it worked, and I think it's the only way we'll get out of this mess.

Well done for spotting my er deliberate mistake Psy I had forgotten all about Ashley Cole. He might as well not have been available. His only notable contribution was throwing an opponent to the floor. Maybe Barry should have been given the chance?

The crowd were brutal and it was fully justified. They paid a lot of money to trek across Europe to watch that tripe. Steven Gerrard won the game on his own but on the whole it was a pathetic attempt at football. In the last fifteen minutes we started to knock the ball about in their half and looking comfortable, largely thanks to Stevies nerve settling performance.

After that game, if Johnson or Downing play for England again someone needs to end McLaren.

And yeah, hats off to Sanchez and NI. Great performance.

Last night I dreamt that today's scoreline would be Liverpool 4-9 Arsenal. In reality, I'll be happy with a draw.

What does everyone make of the deal giving ITV and Setanta getting the rights to internationals and FA Cup games? Personally, I don't like ITV's football coverage, and so I'm not relishing the prospect. Then again, the way England are playing these days, I don't exactly relish the prospect of a televised international match anyway. Still, it's not good news.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

All those egos in one national squad. Spain have the same problem. Personally I'd leave Lampard at home every time, Gerrard is 20 times the player. I'd honestly give my right bollock for him to join United (I know it'll never happen).

I don't believe McClaren is experienced enough to cope. I believe they made a grave error in their handling of Phil. He would have brought flair back. I haven't seen an England team that any country should fear since 1996 (yes I'm old enough to have remembered). A succesion of mediocre, cautious & inexperienced managers & staff have ripped lifeblood from what was a decent side. I love it.

On to today,

Blackburn....tricky game but if we don't play like twats, we could & can whip them. We seem to struggle against teams coached by ex United players & staff, weird that.

A draw? I'll be happpy not to get a good hiding at the moment...

I was expecting it though, we are usually awful at Anfield, and the only times we've won there in the last 20 years is any season when we've gone on to win the title. Let's try not to hit rock bottom against bloody West Ham next week at home guys!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    Last night I dreamt that today's scoreline would be Liverpool 4-9 Arsenal.
    You were half right.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

And now we see why I am such a misery-guts when football is concerned. Utterly useless today, you get the feeling the players really do just want to get the season done with now. But it's the thought of more embarassments like that against the likes of Spurs and Chelsea in coming weeks that worries me. That said, I guess we did beat Liverpool by three goals at home, so we're kind of even now on that score in the two league meetings this season. But it's still not good enough.

Delicious. Simply delicious.

There's a demon emphatically banished. Great performance today and hopefully that'll see us improve against Arsenal again in future games. It was good to see Mascherano, Pennant and Crouch play so well too.

Oh dear. We didn't deserve to anything from the game, but I'd rather we hadn't lost by such a margin. The team seems to have decided that their season's already over, and although they're effectively right, I wish they showed a little more spirit in games like this. Liverpool were great today, but if we'd have had something to play for besides a meaningless third place, I think we'd have given them a better game.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Fantastic result against Blackburn. They won the first half but we came out after half time like a team possessed. I've never seen a team so dominated.

MOURINHO ARE YOU LISTENING
    YOU BETTER KEEP OUR TROPHY GLISTENING
    WE'LL BE BACK IN MAY, TO TAKE IT AWAY
    WALKING IN A FERGIS WONDERLAND

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I was wondering what the heck Rafa was playing at with his team selection, but then I realised: He'd picked players who hadn't been on international duty. And my word that 2 week (?) break really showed. Still dunno if we can get 3rd though, as Gooners do have a game in hand.

peter crouch what a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I was wondering what the heck Rafa was playing at with his team selection, but then I realised: He'd picked players who hadn't been on international duty. And my word that 2 week (?) break really showed. Still dunno if we can get 3rd though, as Gooners do have a game in hand.
    Well if the talk above is anything to go by, Arsenal and their fans think 3rd place is meaningless? If so, it's ours.

Somehow I don't think that is the view of the Arsenal team though, and they would not have come out Anfield thinking, meh screw it, 3rd place is meaningless lets not bother. Arsenal were under pressure from the kick-off, they weren't allowed to get into the game at all. For the first time in a long time, Arsenal were tactically and physically outclassed in every area hence the goal margin. Exactly what Arsenal did to us in the F.A Cup and at Highbury.

I think we can still get third place, especially if Arsenal aren't bothered about their "meaningless third place".