Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bands you have met

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Bands you have met

Which bands/members have you guys met and what were they like? Did you get to hang out with them, did you stalk them, or were they downright rude and have huge egos?

So far I've managed to meet: Green Day, Simple Plan, Evermore, Good Charlotte, Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy... and heaps of local bands.

I gotta say that the nicest band member was Joel Madden cos he was so damn polite and actually took the time to talk to every single one of his fans. The guys in Green Day were cool but I guess being their age and being so famous they had gotten too used to meeting fans and it was like they just wanted to get it over with.

What about you?

Noone really famous but if I go to a local gig and stay after and drink sometimes me and my friends will stay behind and chit chat with some band members.

Pretty much all New Zealand artists, actually. Connan and the Mockasins, Pluto (meh), The Mint Chicks, some various scene figures, and I smoked a J with The Datsuns which was fun.
    :mario::luigi:

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    Hey I take it you're a Kiwi? Me too! I met all the bands in Auckland.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoabella View Post
    Hey I take it you're a Kiwi? Me too! I met all the bands in Auckland.
    Yeah I'm all up in New Zealand. Not Auckland, though, no gig save Big Day Out has made me want to go to Auckland. It's just not my scene.
    :mario::luigi:

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    Fair enough! Yeah BDO was awesome. I'm gutted I missed meeting MCR though. I had a ticket to meet them but there were just too many teenagers >_<

Met a number of musicians, people like Roy Harper (very cool bloke), John Otway (hilariously funny), Colin Hodgkinson (ex-Whitesnake, i'll assume he was having a bad day and is not usually that rude) but the funniest one was one of the Towers of London who seemed genuinely terrified when my friend offered him a crisp. Also met Bob Brozman (again possibly not having his best day) and a few others i cannot recall. My brother in law has met loads but then he is a sound engineer.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

None!

I briefly met The Prodigy, I was only able to say hi to one of them though, I was in a crowd of about 20.

There was also this lame band called Mcfly who roamed around the UK a few years ago. I met 3 out of the 4 of them. We all knew someone who had been in a serious accident so we all met up for about 10 minutes at the hospital. Bunch of idiots in my opinion.

hmmm I've met a lot of bands. A change of pace, all that remains, as blood runs black, avenged sevenfold (loooooong time ago. like around when "waking the fallen" first came out), the fall of troy, haste the day, it dies today, knights of the abyss, light this city, paramore, the rocket summer, scary kids scaring kids and the spill canvas.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I work with the main singer from a screamo band called "The Bullet Kiss"

I go all fanboyish :]]]

I briefly met Korn, POD, and 50 Cent backstage at a Coors Mountain Jam a few years back. It's not much to talk about since I'm not a fan of any of them.

I've met Evanescence a number of times, and have had some lengthy conversations with Amy Lee. She seems really shy and kind of rude unless you manage to strike a chord with her. Then she's really funny, and pretty much a huge nerd. I got her started on Katamari Damacy and she kind of wouldn't shut up about it. The rest of the band was pretty cool, if not a little stand-offish. I did not like Ben Moody at all.

And of course, I've met The Fray. They've been a big local band out here for years now, so it's pretty cool to say that I met them before they were huge.

I met Steve Vai, too, but I don't remember much about that encounter. =\ There was another guitarist at that show, and I don't know how to spell his name. Ingwie Malmsteen or something weird like that. That idiot was completely full of himself and deserves to be beat to death by his own guitar.

I have met folksinger Tom Paxton. I initially met him online, and we corresponded, and just a couple of months ago I met him at a concert he held in Oklahoma City. He is just as awesome in person as he conveys himself to be through song.

I've met Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Trivium, and Children of Bodom backstage at this local rock club. I also met Trivium and Shadows Fall at Ozzfest. Other bands and artists I met at Ozzfest include Kerry King of Slayer, Zakk Wylde of Ozzy Osbourne/Black Label Society, Arch Enemy, Lacuna Coil, and Hatebreed. I also met Hatebreed right after their set at a local show sponsored by my local rock station. I met DamagePlan, including Pantera founders Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul, at a meet & greet at a Harley Davidson shop 8 months before Dimebag passed away.

Each and every one of them I've met were cool. I found it hilarious that the dude in front of me in the line to get Kerry King's autograph wanted a dollar bill signed by Kerry.

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    Quote Originally Posted by Germ Hamee View Post
    I've met Evanescence a number of times, and have had some lengthy conversations with Amy Lee. She seems really shy and kind of rude unless you manage to strike a chord with her. Then she's really funny, and pretty much a huge nerd. I got her started on Katamari Damacy and she kind of wouldn't shut up about it.
    Haha that's great! xD It's cool when they actually take time to have a conversation with their fans.

Blog Entries

Martyr AD, Norma Jean, Every Time I Die, Brother's Keeper:

Basically all of them cept for one were complete jerks to me, the lead of Martyr basically thanked me for telling him I was awesome and walked off to smoke a ciggarette.
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.