View Poll Results: Was FFX the easiest Final Fantasy you've played?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 32.91%
  • No

47 59.49%
  • Only played FFX

4 5.06%
  • Haven't Played FFX

2 2.53%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Easiest Final Fantasy?

I found and am still finding VIII so incredibly hard, am i just a poor gamer?

I too am finding FF8 to be somewhat difficult, or at least more difficult than the other FFs I've played (which include 7, 10, 10-2, and 6). I think it's because I still don't really understand the power of the junction/draw system, though I've learned that, with some patience, you can easily get some very powerful spells very early in the game.

In my opinion, 7 was easier than 10. I think 6 was a bit more difficult than those two, because I actually had to level up in 6 for some parts. But then again, I never really figure out strategies...I usually just use attacks and cure spells (and ultima ) typically.

As for 4, I'm stuck at the cave that you can't use metal in...I'm apparently 10 levels short of where I should be So yeah, I'm finding 4 to be the most difficult of all.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The key is to keep your levels low, while still gaining a decent amount of AP. Then you just obtain items through Triple Triad -> Card Mod (Quezacotl ability). By this you can get high-level magic like Tornado Firaga, Haste, Regen, Curaga and such at disc 1. Actually, Curaga is the easiest of them all, just get Siren to learn recovery magic refinement and buy 30 tents, then you've got 300 Curagas for your HP right there (about 2-3000 HP). Seeing as the enemies are about the same level as you, you'd find that beating a level 20 boss while you've got 4000 HP and 80 strenght is pretty easy.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

X is definitely easy, luckily they made additional optional boss in PAL.

Don't worry, Psy/Sora!, VIII is hard when you don't understand the systems, now that I say it, I never play FFVIII, what am I saying?

I found IX to be harder than X, it's all Break Damage Limit fault. OZMA IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    You don't level up in FFII. >_>;
    The truth revealed.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

It was the easiest to me because I had strategies.
    warriorboy && battlingbard.

I found X to be the hardest because bashing bosses with swords until they die didn't work for several bosses. Although, I'd only played X-2 before X so that may have had something to do with it.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Never got too deep into Final Fantasy X, and havent really had a chance to go back and advance the story.

Do not understand the sphere grid at all still.
    And finding the bosses decently challenging... at least so far.(Yuna had just unlocked her second Aeon last time I played it).

I am not that far in the game at all, so I can not say much, but I find it a lot harder than VIII though I understand VIII now and it is abusable.

Let's see..

VIII - First playthrough did not know what I was doing, had no clue of junctioning, and leveled up like mad... got destroyed by Ruby Dragons and T Rexes. Managed to beat the game, but was taking heavy casualties and did die a few times. Second time through, I knew about the junction system more.. Was able to have a much easier time and beat it pretty easily. Last time through.. laughing as I kill bosses in one or two rounds with my level 7-13 party in disc 2 and early 3. Junctions are the key center force of everything in this game. If you understand them and know to draw all the magic you can, equipping a magic to strengthen your mag stat so you can draw more.... and if you level your AP and not your EXP, it is a breeze.

FF1 - You can level very highly and abuse it a little, but you are very limited on healing in this game, and it is more a test of endurance and running ability to survive the 693,029 random battles before the boss who dies in 4 hits or less... and wasnt much stronger than the regular enemies. Even a lvl 50 party will eventually run out of healing and cannot live forever... unlike some other FFs... As there are so few reasonable healing sources and no mana recovery in dungeons... they are mortal.

FF2 - Have not made enough of a play through it to accurately talk.

FF3 - don't own
    FF4 - see FF2
    FF5 - see FF2
    FF6 - Got to the last dungeon with a mid 50s party and lost my save.. havent been able to really start again or dont have the time to invest yet. You could level up, but from memory it was still a little challenging from a damage aspect, similar to FF1.
    FF7 - Infinite megalixirs..... erm.. yeah. Still kinda abusable if you level real high and max alot of materia.
    FF8 - Probably the most abusable of any FF game.
    FF9 - Pretty easy, didn't see any way to stack the deck and make it super easy.. was reasonably hard... but also easy.
    FFX - hard so far, but I haven't learned the abusable tricks yet. Difficult to understand the ability system.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantKnight
    FFX - hard so far, but I haven't learned the abusable tricks yet. Difficult to understand the ability system.
    Believe me, if you understood the Junction system, this probably won't be hard to understand at all if you pay attention to Rikku's explanation. And believe me, once you understand, you can abuse the hell out of it.

There were only a few bumps in FFX's storyline for me. Oblitzerator, Seymour (Mt Gagazet) and the Spectral Keeper.

But if your not a noob and you actually attempt the dark aeons without using Zanmato, then you will find it fairly more difficult. Penance is especially difficult. And Dark Bahamut.
    Last edited by Malboro_Menace; 06-18-2006 at 02:37 AM.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

considering the fact that this has the most sticky threads about help it must be pretty hard

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The battle system is just soooooo abusable though! You can predict and entire match... oh and for all those having trouble with FFX use only three characters it makes them grow very fast instead of wasting time trainning everyone and ending up only using a certain party at the very end...
    That made all storyline battles a snap

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_ultima

The truth revealed.
    Why did you quote me? >_>

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    Really, VIII was? That was the hardest one, if you ask me. But then, I never really did get the hang of the Junction system.
    Yeah, if you didn't know what you were doing with it, it could be pretty hard - but only at the end. You can totally suck and manage all the way up to Adelm and then you're pretty much screwed.

FFX was really easy for the most part, but FFVII was even easier. I had no trouble with that game. I mean, I probably did, it's been awhile since I beat it, but I don't remember getting upset at anything so.
    --Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_ultima

The truth revealed.
    Why did you quote me? >_>
    DK say he beat FFII with Level 55 character, but then you say "You don't level up in FFII". So the truth revealed and you know what I'm trying to say.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

FF1 was the easiest for me.