Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dumb FFVII Haters

Just yesterday my friend and I were seeing what reveiws were on www.gamefaqs.com for VII - and we were getting REALLY mad at this one because it was just blatent stupidity- He was just being a whiny bi*ch about graphics and so on and just whining. His post was made...2005 - the game was 1997... - Then there was an other that wasn't rated as high but he had REASON - There is the differens- People who say
    "Final Fantasy VII is overrated" - and just say that ARE stupid. They just say that because of the attention it got.
    When they have REASON in what the say, it makes their point more plausable.
    ------------------
    And people, Why CARE about HOW popular it is - It was MY first FF - and yes, it's what GOT me into FF. And now, I have gone on to play FF8, 1, 2j, and on the brink of beating 3j. So, doesn't it make you happy that it got us IN to FF then we explore the others? I mean, geez - so what if we weren't there since the beginning. I plan to play THEM ALL. Have you? Just wonderin how many people have.
    Last edited by Hayabusa; 06-17-2006 at 05:13 AM.

I don't think ff7 as a game is overrated, but the storyline is totally overated. Honestly if I had a nickel for everytime a fanboy tried to tell me that the story was flawless and I was just too dumb to understand it, I would be rich.

And while I'm not the biggest fan of the graphics (seriously, where are their mouths?), Quite frankly I don't care about them, and anyone who looks at graphics over fun-factor in a game isn't really a gamer.

Which FF Character Are You?

(SPOILER) This Signature STILL contains spoilers

Blog Entries

besides the in game character graphics, there was nothing wrong witht em.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lychon
    Final Fantasy VII is overrated. It was simply a precursor to the greatest game ever made, which is Final Fantasy VIII. And just to be perfectly clear on this, Final Fantasy 8 completely and utterly massacres Final Fantasy 7 in every single collation.

-LYCHON

P.S.
    FF8 cannot masscare a game that is ranked the most succesful rpg of all time. 8 can not even touch that. Besides the fact that 8 is overrated too. But not in the good way. 8 has never been made into sequels or a movie. In no way is 8 more superior than 7. 7 is good, but 8 is just alright.

My opinion is that 7 was great for its time and is still pretty fun presently but no matter what, its the graphics that matter most because its the graphics is what is most appealing to the consumers. People bash on 7's graphics probably because they've played the PS2's FFs first and after they'ved beaten it, they want more FF's so they turn towards 7/older FF's. I got my girlfriend into FF and she beat 10 first, then 10-2. When I directed her to 7, she felt like quitting even before she got out of Midgar. When I asked her why, she said that the graphics was ugly and she didn't know what the hell was going on in the story. It wasn't til I urged to continue did she start loving the game. Hence, this is why I think that the graphics always get bashed because 7 just doesn't look as "appealing" as the newer FF's.

Anyways, this is just my opinion so please be nice.

Sig made by VoodooChild

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    I don't think ff7 as a game is overrated, but the storyline is totally overated. Honestly if I had a nickel for everytime a fanboy tried to tell me that the story was flawless and I was just too dumb to understand it, I would be rich.
    Hm, you could say the graphics are bad (according to today's standards, in any case, it IS 9 years later) but you cant say the story is overrated. Somebody tell me one Square-Enix game that is more popular and has more "sequels" in its compilation, and then maybe I'll believe that the story is a tad bit overrated (even I think some of the parts in the game are unnessecary, ie. the "Mukki Scene". This game's target audince was not a bunch of homosexuals). But, for now, FFVII is number one and will remain number one for awhile...

Second Character: Kuja
    Third Character: Squall

My Blog!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_ultima
    1. Love FF First Gen., FFIX and little love to PS2 FF. Hate FFVII, FFVIII
    2. Love FFVII, FFVIII, FFX. Hate FF First Gen., FFIX.
    3. Other type of fans who likes and hates.
    4. Successful FF Fans (Like all FF)
    Ha, it's a broad generalization, but at least it's a true broad generalization. If anyone's offended by that then it's just because they don't want to admit that they fall into one of those catagories

Yes, thats true for me...

BUT FIRST GEN RULEZ!!! HOW DARE U PUT THAT IN THERE!

2. Love FFVII, FFVIII, FFX. Hate FFIX and FFXI.

Ahh... thats better

My Blog!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why are you guys all judging ff7's success by the number of sequels it has? Can't you see when you're being milked for your money?

I love FF VII. I just have major problems with FF VII fans who deny that any other FF is good compared to FF VII, and obnoxiously assert that in a broken garble of L337 speek, instant mesenger talk, and english. Can't say I like the whole spin-oof direction the game is taking, but I can deal with that.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_ultima
    Most of FF fans:

1. Love FF First Gen., FFIX and little love to PS2 FF. Hate FFVII, FFVIII
    3. Other type of fans who likes and hates.
    4. Successful FF Fans (Like all FF)
    I guess I'm part of group 3 or 4. I don't think there's a bad FF, but I think some FFs are a lot better than some others, and some other FFs, while still not bad, just didn't really appeal to me. My favorites are FFVII, FFIX (I guess that rules out groups 1 and 2 for me ) and probably FFIV. I still like FFs I, III, V, VIII, X-2 and Tactics a lot, I've never played FFXI and probably won't play it either, and the rest are so-so, depending on my mood.

I think someone in this thread said something about people hating FFVII because it's popular to hate it. I guess that could be a reason for some people hating it, although it's not the reason for every FFVII hater, or even most FFVII haters. However, it happens at times. Something becomes so liked that it's popular to like it. Some people don't want to be a part of that big group of "fanboys", so to be different, they bash it instead. After the "fanboy-ism" has lasted long enough, it gets popular to bash the game and all its "fanboys".

Some even dislike the game because of its fans being stupid, which is a bit foolish, but even I'm somewhat guilty of that with some games, for example FFVI. It sure doesn't make me like the game more if FFVI's fans claim FFVI is the best game ever and nobody could seriously disagree, and that FFVII is only a game stupid fanboys and eye candy freaks like. Pot and kettle like calling each other black, I guess. :rolleyes2

The best situation we could reach is that everyone accepts that everybody has their own favorite game, and while we may not necessarily agree with somebody, we can still respect that person's opinions and let him/her enjoy playing his/her favorite games while we enjoy playing our own favorite games.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Why are you guys all judging ff7's success by the number of sequels it has? Can't you see when you're being milked for your money?
    Yes... Thats what I first thought when I heard of AC...

Wait, have you even SEEN Advent Children?

Because if you havent, then see it. Because FFVII would not sell ANY sequels if it was as overrated as some say...

My Blog!

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I'm not a VII fanboy, not a VII fann00b and not a FF VII hater. I just think VII is nothing special. It's a Final Fantasy, that's it. There's nothing in the game that really makes it stand out far above all the others. Oh yes, people will of course complain about that sentence! Okay, this game had Sephiroth, he was evil, insane and powerful. (Kefka was too.) Does that make him stand out so far above all the other FF villains? Okay, this game had Cloud with a very big sword. Does that make him stand out far above all other main characters? Okay this game was 3D, but the 3D was not very good. Given, it was the first one, so it cannot be blamed, but IMHO VI looked better than VII. Then we have AC. Personally, I liked AC much more than VII, even though I never finsihed VII, I still understood AC completely.

So VII is a good game, a good Final Fantasy, but it is nothing uber-awesome-special.

I think both the fanboys, fann00bs and haters of VII should learn to respect each others opinions, instead of shouting "It's overrated" or things like that...

Ok, my list of points for today.

1) Remove fan from fanboy. What do you get?

2) There are as many fan"boys" as fan"girls", and this constant is true in FFVII

3) Whoever the %$#@ stated the hype about "fanboyz" needs to get a %$#@ing life. Learn to classify people in other ways than social labeling. Gawd.

My Blog!

If it's okay for you to say that anyone who thinks FFVII is overrated is dumb, then it's okay for them to say it's overrated in the first place.
    You have your opinion and they have theirs, Goldenboco, you old tiger, you!