Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting into a fight soon. Eyes on Final Fantasy... please, help me.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I'd play some Escape from Monkey Island and the Curse of Monkey Island if I were you. These have great insults. in fact, an entire list can be found here

You'll have to change them so they suit a one-sided insult battle.

Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    Please be kidding.
    I'm kidding in the sense that I knowingly perverted your words. I am all up for someone's right to defend themselves physically, or through any other reasonable means they choose to use.
    I've never seen anyone in a fist fight that wasn't some penis-wagging, bone-headed, wannabe alpha-male, but ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    Please be kidding.
    I'm kidding in the sense that I knowingly perverted your words. I am all up for someone's right to defend themselves physically, or through any other reasonable means they choose to use.
    I've never seen anyone in a fist fight that wasn't some penis-wagging, bone-headed, wannabe alpha-male, but ok.
    xD theres a bunch of people like that where I am. I would only fight if someone hit me, planning fights is retarded.

Planning a fun fight woould be fine imo

Blog Entries

I think its dumb because its pointless. Basically, you beat the crap out of them on the spot or you leave it, in my book.

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

Violence is a natural part of human existence. Western society usually tries to bring it to a minimum.. but it doesn't always work. God knows I always try to talk my way out of things (and I'm pretty good at it, too), but sometimes the person you're talking to is the kind of person you described, and you have no choice but to defend yourself and\or those close to you.

A person must always be ready to defend what he values.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Genji
    I think its dumb because its pointless. Basically, you beat the crap out of them on the spot or you leave it, in my book.
    I think that is even worse, as you are making a serious disision on the fly. If you are going to fight over a petty issue, walk away. If you are going to fight cause the kid will not respect your (or someone else's) boundries, and it is the last resourt, plan a fight if you can. Grab some spotters, and play by the rules If you have somthing to prove that is.

Otherwise, "for fun" as I mentioned is more of a spar.

I, for one, will not suggest that you don't fight. You seem to have already settled in your mind that you are going to fight, and I doubt that any amount of hippy "give peace a chance" lines will change your mind. If you're going to fight, that's that. However, if you have a planned out fight with this guy, I would like to make a few suggestions. First, don't wait until the designated time. This isn't an official duel or a nice fisticuffs match. Screw the Marquis of Queensberry, the point is to win. It may not be nice or polite, but you're trying to pound the kid, not invite him to dinner. Get the jump on him, fight dirty, and don't stop until he can't walk away. Because, if you do pound him, I can almost guarantee that he won't stop unless you stop him. Don't just pin him and walk away, because he'd be attacking you from behind in about half a second. Or, he'll call his friends later and jump you in a back alley (and if anything should convince you not to fight, it's that, because I doubt you're good enough to take on a half dozen people). So hurt him, hurt him a lot, and make sure he's not going to be moving for half an hour, then walk away slowly. If you run, you might get jumped right there. BTW, that's why I suggested not waiting for the designated time. If you do this as an organized match, there will almost certainly be spectators or friends he's brought along, and not all of them might be happy with you pounding the stuffing out of their friend (especially if none of your friends are going to be there). Attack him at a time of your choosing, and don't stop until he's down. Oh, and don't be afraid to use weapons if you have to, or to carry them afterwards if you think he and his buddies might try to get revenge on you.

Don't bother with trash talking, it's a waste of time and energy that could be spent saving your butt in the fight.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

You know what I think you should do? Here it is:

1. Drive as far as it takes to get to your nearest beach. Once you're at the beach, look for shells.
    2. Once you've got shells you get a bottle of coke.
    3. Then, you drink it.
    4. You go have fun with your shells.
    5. You attempt suicide by jumping out of a ground floor window.

So, hopefully now that you have tried something extremely stupid, you will no longer need to fight this kid, as your need to do something stupid is quenched.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    I, for one, will not suggest that you don't fight. You seem to have already settled in your mind that you are going to fight, and I doubt that any amount of hippy "give peace a chance" lines will change your mind. If you're going to fight, that's that. However, if you have a planned out fight with this guy, I would like to make a few suggestions. First, don't wait until the designated time. This isn't an official duel or a nice fisticuffs match. Screw the Marquis of Queensberry, the point is to win. It may not be nice or polite, but you're trying to pound the kid, not invite him to dinner. Get the jump on him, fight dirty, and don't stop until he can't walk away. Because, if you do pound him, I can almost guarantee that he won't stop unless you stop him. Don't just pin him and walk away, because he'd be attacking you from behind in about half a second. Or, he'll call his friends later and jump you in a back alley (and if anything should convince you not to fight, it's that, because I doubt you're good enough to take on a half dozen people). So hurt him, hurt him a lot, and make sure he's not going to be moving for half an hour, then walk away slowly. If you run, you might get jumped right there. BTW, that's why I suggested not waiting for the designated time. If you do this as an organized match, there will almost certainly be spectators or friends he's brought along, and not all of them might be happy with you pounding the stuffing out of their friend (especially if none of your friends are going to be there). Attack him at a time of your choosing, and don't stop until he's down. Oh, and don't be afraid to use weapons if you have to, or to carry them afterwards if you think he and his buddies might try to get revenge on you.

Don't bother with trash talking, it's a waste of time and energy that could be spent saving your butt in the fight.
    You could win the fight this way, but then you fail at life. If you set it up with the regaurds for saftey in mind for both parties, (I am talkign spotters, no eyegouging and such) you will both come out with your full working bodies, and the looser would have a bruised ego, and effectivley be put in his place. If it was a fight to the death (which it better not be) then I could see getting the jump on him. It seems like this is a childish fight of jest and dignity, so play it as such.

If you win with class, I say you won a lot more than just the fight.

Bipper

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Just remember not to smile, as your opponent will recognize it as a form of insecurity.

Quote Originally Posted by bipper

Bipper
    There's no class involved in pugilism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Just remember not to smile, as your opponent will recognize it as a form of insecurity.
    <3 Kishi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genji
    I think that is even worse, as you are making a serious disision on the fly. If you are going to fight over a petty issue, walk away. If you are going to fight cause the kid will not respect your (or someone else's) boundries, and it is the last resourt, plan a fight if you can. Grab some spotters, and play by the rules If you have somthing to prove that is.

Otherwise, "for fun" as I mentioned is more of a spar.
    If the kid isn't giving me respect, I'll ignore him. If he hits me, I'll knock the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] out of him right there. I don't think I should plan a fight, I think he should be taught his lesson right there.

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness

Bipper
    There's no class involved in pugilism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    <3 Kishi
    Then you have never pugulized. There is class. There is class in everything. A methodology, a certain respect for yourself and your oponent. If you are fighting for anyother reason, you are fighting for the wrong reason.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All the Monkey Island quotin' going on here leaves me happy.

Oh, and as for advice? Well, I'd say don't fight blah blah blah but you won't listen, because no one ever listens to advice like that (You're too hardcore to puss out, right? Way too hardcore.) so I'll just say have fun while you get the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] pummeled out of you.