24 35.82%
  • Yes

27 40.30%
  • Tex Mex

16 23.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will FFXIII???

Will FFXIII???

Step ALL OVER FFXII??? like FFX did with FFIX???

IT IS CLEAR that a lot of people don't like FFXII and its characters. And besides A LOT of people ALREADY know the ending of FFXII.

So vote and discuss.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I haven't played FFXII and I haven't seen enough of FFXIII to be able to tell. I'll just go with instinct.

EDIT: Oh man, I voted too early.
    Last edited by Meat Puppet; 06-29-2006 at 06:40 PM.

Anyone who decides how good this game is going to be at this point doesn't deserve to play it when it's finished.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm only saying no because I'm not going to be buying a PS3 to play it.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The people who decide that they'll hate or adore a game before it's even been released are pretty retarded. At the least, I don't understand that way of thinking. Anyway, I couldn't really decide. FFXII's ADB system looks appealing, as well as FFXIII's refined ATB. We don't know enough about FFXIII yet to make major decisions, and FFXII hasn't been widespread yet.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Judging either game at this point is dumb. And, for the record, FFIX was way better than FFX.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I havent seen anything about anyone disliking the characters from XII. At all. :\

Also, the ending will undoubtedly be leaked for XIII, unless there's some way to prevent it being ripped. Maybe there is for the PS3, I dont know enough.

I'll go with Kishi on this one. For the first statement anyway.

I think that it will even though i havn't played on XII. But i'm judging on what i have seen in PS magazines. I still can't wait to play on XII though.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't played either of them yet to decide. So I'll say 'no'. WTF is tex mex?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Tex Mex is the only good version of Mexican food you'll find in the United States.

Ever.

If such an option had been available when I decided to vote, I totally would have gone for that. D=

Meh, it's shaping up to be much cooler for the sci-fi fanbase, however, if for anyone who is indifferent to sci-fi (gunblades, robots, skydives . . .?) or hate it, it remains to be seen that this game can do better at entertaining us than XII can. I'll buy both games and continue my effort to rally FF fans in a starch protest against the online tragedy known only as XI which has no single-play story. They should come out with something like "FINAL FANTASY XI Offline: The Edge of Adversity" or something like whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Judging either game at this point is dumb. And, for the record, FFIX was way better than FFX.
    Exactly.

These two games aren't of the same correlation as FFIX and FFX. FFXII and FXIII are on two different consoles... If anything I think they're trying to go for a more FF7 kind of deal. Look at it: they're making a series like they've made for FF7 (albeit the games in FFXIII are on different timelines) and it's the first Final Fantasy for the PS3 just as FF7 was for the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Exactly.

These two games aren't of the same correlation as FFIX and FFX. FFXII and FXIII are on two different consoles... If anything I think they're trying to go for a more FF7 kind of deal. Look at it: they're making a series like they've made for FF7 (albeit the games in FFXIII are on different timelines) and it's the first Final Fantasy for the PS3 just as FF7 was for the PS.
    FFXIII is not FFVII and it's being made by the FFX team.

*points to poll* I guess people are agreeing with me.

FFXIII looks interesting, Versus XIII looks interesting, and that other one is a mobile game so it doesn't count (although some art was released today and apparently one of the characters in it uses a whip/sword like Ivy from Soul Calibur so it can't be ALL bad).

However, in my eyes, the last truly great FF was VI so I'm not really looking forward to XIII THAT much. It looks cool, but I'm not even sure if I'm going to be getting a PS3 at this point. But that's another discussion entirely.
    No.

I'm looking forward to XIII, though I'm more excited about XII right now because its only a few short months away However, I have it on good authority that XIV will be the FF to end all FFs. Also, my psychic advisor informed me yesterday that XVIII will shatter the very foundations of how I view the world. She also recommended playing it alongside RE11 for some shocking insights. My point being, I'm not judging a game 3 years before its release. Nay, 2 years is where I draw the line.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3