Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ps3 or xbox360 who will win

might have been, don't have the link

Which FF Character Are You?

(SPOILER) This Signature STILL contains spoilers

I just think that it's a mistake for anyone to write off Nintendo. I have a feeling that those guys are going to suprise a lot of people. Number one? I doubt it, but I bet they will give Microsoft and SONY a run for their money.

Hmm... Either you're right or you're crazy... But we'll see, wont we?

Which FF Character Are You?
    Second Character: Kuja
    Third Character: Squall

My Blog!

360's 48 billion shader ops/sec sounds cool ...but when you compare to PS3's 100+billion shader ops/sec I think im going with PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Yu-Yevon
    360's 48 billion shader ops/sec sounds cool ...but when you compare to PS3's 100+billion shader ops/sec I think im going with PS3.
    That has to be the most pointless statistic to base a purchase on, ever.
    Word/s.

not realy...if you think about all those ppl who are hyped mostly about graphics

Which I think is stupid in the first place.

But to pick out something so amazingly insignificant like 'Shader ops/sec' just seems insane.

Anyway, I currently couldn't give a crap about the new systems. I'll probably get a PS3 for MGS4 and whatever the dev team that made 'Shadow Of The Collosus' does next. Hopefully it'll get some decent Sega games too.

Besides that I'm beyond caring.
    Word/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    Yes, but the system is still in development and things have likely changed by now. The newest price estimation is $499 for low memory and $599 for higher memory, but that could change again.
    Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    Source?
    Here

And for those who can't be bothered to click on a link... The part he was talking about.

When the PS3 launches this November, it will be available with a 20GB hard drive for $499 or a 60GB hard drive for $599. As an example of built-to-order possibilities, Kutaragi indicated that larger 120GB hard drives could be available as early as next year.
    That should clear it up. For the gamers who don't really want a massive computer in their system, this should prove well. It'll also get rid of most memory card worries.

Like I've said in other threads, the PS3 should win. I just tgink that they have a more solid selection of titles then the others for them to lose. But I do beleive that the Wii could do it so thats the one to look out for. No matter how many graphics and game titles the PS3 may have the new gaming innovation (as stupid as i find it to be) and better prices could just be the downfall of the PS3.

Pfftt everyone knows the iBox will beat all.

In all seriousness though, I'm going to wait for the PS3 to be released before making a statement.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

PS3, because ya know... DMC4 and all.

xbox 360 has got a clear advantage because it has been released so long before the ps3, BUT once the ps3 hitz da shelfz xbox360 won't know where to put itz face haha

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by $howBiz
    xbox 360 has got a clear advantage because it has been released so long before the ps3, BUT once the ps3 hitz da shelfz xbox360 won't know where to put itz face haha
    That didn't help the Dreamcast much.

The PS3 will but I really like the Wii cuz its only 250$!
    But really Halo 3 will have no chance against MGS 3, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus (*if a new one comes out*) or GT4 and FFXIII
    I heard as well Forza Motorsport 2 is comming out but dude i played that game and my friends house and it was sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCow
    The PS3 will but I really like the Wii cuz its only 250$!
    But really Halo 3 will have no chance against MGS 3, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus (*if a new one comes out*) or GT4 and FFXIII
    I heard as well Forza Motorsport 2 is comming out but dude i played that game and my friends house and it was sh1t.
    I think you mean MGS4, God of War 2, GT5

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God
    That's not what they said at E3.
    Yes, but the system is still in development and things have likely changed by now. The newest price estimation is $499 for low memory and $599 for higher memory, but that could change again.
    Source?
    No need to for us to continue arguing over pricing! It's a pretty minor side to the debate.

But anyway, originally I saw this pricing on a PS3 news site which I can't seem to find at the moment, but it's also here: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149470