FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    Being able to buy NES/SNES/N64 games=Win

360 doesn't stand a chance with the PS3 AT ALL. Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII will take care of that
    There's a little thing called Halo, maybe you've heard of it?
    And??? not everyone likes space-related crap, it's a good game, but not good enough to beat the combo that's Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII, Oooh throw a guaranteed God Of War and there's the win for you.
    It doesn't matter whether you or I think Halo or MGS or any other game is any good or not. What matters is that Halo 2 was, financially, the biggest release of a game ever. Oh, and it also outdid every movie ever. I would presume music CDs as well, and possibly books (The only book I can think of which might beat it is a Harry Potter book.)

I assure you, Halo 3 will sell hundreds of thousands of 360 units, possibly millions. The X-Box had the same with Halo - that game had a presence of over 90% at one point (Meaning for every ten X-Boxes in people's homes, there were nine copies of Halo). That game sold X-Boxes. There's killer apps, and then there's Halo. Whether we actually like it or not isn't of any consequence.

Being able to buy NES/SNES/N64 games=Win

360 doesn't stand a chance with the PS3 AT ALL. Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII will take care of that
    There's a little thing called Halo, maybe you've heard of it?
    And??? not everyone likes space-related crap, it's a good game, but not good enough to beat the combo that's Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII, Oooh throw a guaranteed God Of War and there's the win for you.
    It doesn't matter whether you or I think Halo or MGS or any other game is any good or not. What matters is that Halo 2 was, financially, the biggest release of a game ever. Oh, and it also outdid every movie ever. I would presume music CDs as well, and possibly books (The only book I can think of which might beat it is a Harry Potter book.)

I assure you, Halo 3 will sell hundreds of thousands of 360 units, possibly millions. The X-Box had the same with Halo - that game had a presence of over 90% at one point (Meaning for every ten X-Boxes in people's homes, there were nine copies of Halo). That game sold X-Boxes. There's killer apps, and then there's Halo. Whether we actually like it or not isn't of any consequence.
    If you say all of that 'bout Halo? why can't I say it 'bout Metal Gear Solid? or God Of War? or Gran Turismo(online)? or Final Fantasy XIII?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you say all of that 'bout Halo? why can't I say it 'bout Metal Gear Solid? or God Of War? or Gran Turismo(online)? or Final Fantasy XIII?
    You can. And those games will quite rightly sell PS3s. FFXIII will certainly sell me a PS3. But you originally said "360 doesn't stand a chance with the PS3 AT ALL. Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII will take care of that" - you're overlooking some very, very major games for the 360, specifically Halo 3.

You can. And those games will quite rightly sell PS3s. FFXIII will certainly sell me a PS3. But you originally said "360 doesn't stand a chance with the PS3 AT ALL. Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII will take care of that" - you're overlooking some very, very major games for the 360, specifically Halo 3.
    lol, sorry bout that, you're right....but I really HOPE that PS3 and Wii just eliminate 360.

I'd like to go back to the Nintendo--------SONY Rivalry

It was SO GREAT, I remember:

-Zelda VS Metal Gear Solid
    -Mario VS Crash
    -Spiro VS Banjo-Kazooie
    -Gran Turismo VS Nintendo's racing games

it was great times N64-PlayStation days were HOLY.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

lol, sorry bout that, you're right....but I really HOPE that PS3 and Wii just eliminate 360.

I'd like to go back to the Nintendo--------SONY Rivalry

It was SO GREAT, I remember:

-Zelda VS Metal Gear Solid
    -Mario VS Crash
    -Spiro VS Banjo-Kazooie
    -Gran Turismo VS Nintendo's racing games

it was great times N64-PlayStation days were HOLY.
    Yeah, those were pretty good times. But the Saturn had a lot to contribute as well. And the DC was awesome. IMHO I'd prefer the hardware producers to be Microsoft, Sony, and SEGA, whilst Nintendo switch to making games. Swap SEGA and Ninty's current positions around, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyjunkie
    i honestly don't know. For myself, if the PS3 will be really $500 which I hope not.
    Don't worry. It's not. It's $650. Feeling better?
    Actually, last I checked the price is $499 American for a PS3 with 20 gigs and $599 American for PS3s with more memory. That translates to a good bit more Canadian for me, though...

That's not what they said at E3.

Wii all the way. I mean honestly, Red Steel, Twilight Princess (Zelda for those not in the know), and you just know Smash bros. and Resident Evil games with Wii capabilities are going to be on the heels of the release.

As for PS3 vs. 360, It is almost impossible to call. 360 has a jump start and with the soon to be releases of games such as (SPOILER) Rumble roses XX and DOA: Extreme 2, Microsoft already has the pervert vote oh, and Halo 3. While some people may not like space marine FPS's like someone mentioned, it's not like everyone will like MGS4 or even FF13, despite the awsomeness of FF13. Oh and Square announced they are making at least one FF game for the 360. As for Sony, the pricepoint may turn away a fair amount of gamers, but let's face it, Sony is the only thing in existance with diehard fanboy levels rivaling FF7, so it will still do just fine.

Which FF Character Are You?

(SPOILER) This Signature STILL contains spoilers

Yes, but the system is still in development and things have likely changed by now. The newest price estimation is $499 for low memory and $599 for higher memory, but that could change again.

Hmm, the price for the PS3 might scare off some lesser gamers with little pocket money (like me). However, as it seems, Sony will inevitably win the "Format War" as it is now called. The X-Box 360, although with running start ahead, looks like it will either be blown out of the sky or be blown out of the competition (like nintendo was)...

Second Character: Kuja
    Third Character: Squall

My Blog!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Megalixir~
    Hmm, the price for the PS3 might scare off some lesser gamers with little pocket money (like me). However, as it seems, Sony will inevitably win the "Format War" as it is now called. The X-Box 360, although with running start ahead, looks like it will either be blown out of the sky or be blown out of the competition (like nintendo was)...
    Nintendo most certainly wasn't blown out of the competition. While they did get 3rd Place, it wasn't by much, and they did gain much money during the console war. Microsoft still sells other things, most notably their Computers, to keep them up. To my knowledge, Microsoft lost money from their consoles, but there is no denying that there is alot of money to be had in the Video Game business. So, Microsoft is having another go at it. Sony, while they did sell their systems at a loss (or did they?) this generation, they did gain alot of money from the games. They got 1st Place in 2 gaming generations, so of course they are going to go into the next. They certainly have enough money from other things to afford it.

Another thing to note is that Nintendo is making another console, so of course they aren't out of the competition.

Hmm, considering everyone else, I would say that Nintendo certainly is...

Vote on this thread and see... http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=86855

Second Character: Kuja
    Third Character: Squall

My Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God
    Yes, but the system is still in development and things have likely changed by now. The newest price estimation is $499 for low memory and $599 for higher memory, but that could change again.
    Source?

Blog Entries

Asking "Who won?" is asking "Who got 1st Place?". There's absolutely no denying that the PS2 got 1st Place, as it sold the most. Besides, Microsoft doesn't have any votes in that thread either. And as I said before, Nintendo is making another console, so they aren't out of the competition.
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 06-17-2006 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Oh and Square announced they are making at least one FF game for the 360.
    Link ? Or are you just talking about FFXI ?